2010: Secret Weapon Six Part Three

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lovefurypassionenergy

Was at the park today and I think I saw John Wardly looking around the construction site today.
Although I did only seen him from behind, but short greay hair, tall and skinny with a bald patch on back of head!

Maybe im just being hopeful :)

Nevertheless I got very excited and was trying to explain to my first time alton towers visitor friend why this man was so amazinnggggg! Unfortunatly the suggestion to sneakily follow him to try and overhear conversations didn't go down too well!

- Jodie
Last edited by lovefurypassionenergy on Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Patricko

I can see where you are coming from with the "normal" coaster comment, but the reason alton towers is the UK's no1 park is because it takes risks, invests and innovates (granted spinball and to an extent RQOS aren't innovative), but that aside the major coasters have been very inventive and original.

Also as time goes on the "great" coaster will get noticed less with no press coverage and some people even considering the once new ride "average" as new, more appealing rides are introduced.

To keep on topic, the station building and the second helix are very large and although the supports suggest the ride will not be traveling too fast (as there is no lateral support) the helix is still fairly large by anyones standards and would struggle to fit in the large food outlet near CATCF.
"If Alton Towers get a shrek 4d attraction next year i, El Patricko will eat a steak garnished with pond weed"

Officially, "the first man out on the town in shorts 2011"
Brett

well i wouldnt be suprise if it was.
would be great if it was though and cant wait to see some physical work done!
Pennywise

Well, another completely random account has been created on YouTube, and a link to a video has been posted on, amongst others, ATA and Towers Nerd.

I won't post the link to this video because I don't it's genuine but it seems to claim that SW6 will be tied in with THORPE PARK's SAW - The Ride.

Te account is HexGameOver.

I think it's a complete load of rubbish, but I thought I'd tell you guys about it. :D
altongeek

the video doesn't make sense :|
Chris W

The Fakers avoiding TTF now they have realised everyone knows they aren't real?

Just had a nosey at it, they are getting even worse, at least the first few had a bit of effort put into them. That new one is just poor.
James

[quote=""altongeek""]the video doesn't make sense :|[/quote]

Don't worry it's fake anyway. As is all the fake videos/emails that have been floating around on the internet.

All these fake things are just annoying, I still hope Alton plan to do some viral marketing :( .
Anonymous

Well.........as fakes go that video is truly appalling. Don't even waste your time on it.

I'm completely stumped on what is going to happen inside the building. I am hoping for a some sort of drop sensation rather than a tilt, as it will make for an amazing surprise.

Is the entire ride being themed or is the woodland area being left as it is at the moment (I know no-one knows for sure).

Phil
Joe Koopa

It is just appaling. :roll:
And like Kaycee has been pointing out (alot) recently, I really hope this dosen't put Alton Towers off doing their own. What did there first offical advert start in June didn't it? :)
Pennywise

Another video has appeared on the channel HexGameOver...

I'm confused. Are any of the video series currently being run official? Do we know? :(
Danger Noise

probably not
chr1s

Def not, SW6 is in no way going to be linked with SAW:The Ride, and its a terrible amateur video made by an unofficial source.
Pepsi is better than Coke!!
Sanbrooke Productions

Yet another email....
Shawn,
The attachment to this email was released today. I must admit I did not take it but I was there when it was taken and have been given the rights to distribute it how I wish.

Moreover, I have watched many of the videos on YouTube at the moment, I can confirm that every one of this so far is a fake. The story of the secrets behind the project have obviously been leaked and therefore I now wish to make clear that they are all faked and nothing to do with the project nor the Resort itself.

Regards,
Dr H Rockwell

[url=http://img6.imageshack.us/my.php?image= ... spxtyx.jpg" target="_blank]http://img6.imageshack.us/my.php?image= ... spxtyx.jpg[/url]

This must be fake surely, has anyone seen that picture before :? :?
Last edited by Sanbrooke Productions on Fri May 01, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khanage

Awful. Absolutely awful. HexGameOver has to be some kind of joke - no one would surely make such toss.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

NF2

Unless this coaster is a Woodie, the above photo is 100% fake, and we all know it definitely isn't a woodie! How do I know this? After a small amount of research the trains are GCI Millennium Flyers, as can be seen on the below picture of Kentucky Rumbler:

Compare to

Obviously whatever dr rockwells posted has a different paint job, however its the same wheel configuration and shape!

Utter bull! Done!
rightbackgranty

Well done NF2. It would be madness for any train deliveries right now anyway - they're usually the last items to arrive on park.

Nice imagination, just not quite good enough to convince people on here.

Edit:
It has been brought to my attention that speculation has arisen through my channel about a new rollercoaster they have started constructing at Alton Towers. Please note that this channel is in no way affiliated with Alton Towers, nor is it a way of promoting their new rollercoaster.
This was also posted on his youtube page. Strange that he admits that he has nothing to do with a rollercoaster, but sends a picture to Shawn that shows a wooden rollercoaster carriage :p
leroy2009jones

B&M are not planning on building a wooden coaster anyway...
Satch

[quote=""leroy2009jones""]B&M are not planning on building a wooden coaster anyway...[/quote]

*Screams and tears hair out*

Just shut the hell up!
Skumfidus

[quote=""Satch""][quote=""leroy2009jones""]B&M are not planning on building a wooden coaster anyway...[/quote]

*Screams and tears hair out*

Just shut the hell up!
[/quote]

I love you

EDIT - I'm now literally rolling around crying my eyes out with laughter
Magical Ryan

Imagine if leroy was right, would be hilarious!