2010: Secret Weapon Six Part Three

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Khanage

It whispers very quietly "See me". Turn your speakers up loud and you will hear it.

^Just beaten to it.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

rightbackgranty

It does sound a lot like Algenon, which I think is a good sign. Additionally, its in the same area behind Alton Towers, which leads you to believe that its an inside job. Not too sure what "see me" could mean though.

Not going to say I believe it is real, due to several members labelling people that enjoy speculation as "gullible", but it looks to be the most convincing effort so far.
FallenAbyss

I'd agree, where as I'm not 100% convinced, the voice does sound a hell of a lot like Sir Algenon so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this turned out to be an early marketing teaser for us lot.
Sanbrooke Productions

Hmm. it does sound like Rob Bagnall (Sir Algenon) :)
adsyrah

Not wanting to seem thick, but who's Sir Algenon?
rightbackgranty

A character from the Cred Street Theatre's plays - essentially an employee of the park.

If it is Ron Bagnall as Shawn said, he's had a number of entertainment roles at Alton Towers, including one for secret weapon 4 - he was the orange uniformed guard that patrolled the "security fence" during Oblivion's construction (a nice link if its true :o )
And.

[quote=""Sanbrooke Productions""]Hmm. it does sound like Rob Bagnall (Sir Algenon) :)[/quote]

Nope. It doesn't sound like him.
James

[quote=""Wes""][quote=""Ripsaw Raver""]New Video by Dr Henry Rockwell

[url=" target="_blank][/url]

Im not sure but i think it says See Me at the end, sooo
the Watchman is now a teach aye[/quote]

Looks like the marketing team have given Sir Algeon one of the cameras after a pot smoking session.
[/quote]

That's exctally what I was thinking.

This video seems more real in the fact that it sounds like Rob is 'DrHenryRockwell'. I also seen that they done the 360 degree thing to make out that there's one person there when there could be a few people there. The video sort of ties in with the underground part although anyone could have made that up.

I'd like to think this is real although I'm still waiting for something concrete to come up. Still fun anyway.
DiogoJ42

sounds more like Dr Ashens* after a heavy night out to me :lol:

Was he just walking in circles?

* [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/ashens" target="_blank]http://www.youtube.com/user/ashens[/url]
Khanage

^ :lol: I actually thought of Ashens too when I heard him speak!
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

And.

Like I said earlier - I'm 98% convinced it isn't Sir Algenon - having worked with the bloke for 3 years :)
spenner

Found this on google which is a document typed up from a spirit walk around alton towers with a psychic.
As we moved down from the circular room and came into
the first room on the left. I was immediately aware of the
spirit energy of a man who gave me his name as Frank
Butler. He was attired as from around 1908-12., having
a smart appearance, his hair was cut short and stood around
5 feet 5 inches in height. It did not strike me at first, that
this man may have been the same person as seen by the
member of the group whilst in the round room. He told me
that this room had had several uses over the years and had
at one time been used as a storage area. He then mentioned
that he fulfilled the role of night watchman at the building
There was a loud noise heard whilst we were stood in this
room.
So im assuming this is one of the "Ghosts" of alton towers which personally i didnt know of, sorry if this has already been posted and you all knew the night watchman was an official ghost at alton towers.
James

Legend also says that the Nightwatchman was hanged near the Towers...

Assuming this is real, the story could build on Legend and fiction for the storyline.
Kaycee

I'm 100% sure these videos and this Henry Rockwell character is all a hoax and nothing to do with Alton Towers. MBH is someone who works at Alton Towers, but is not one of the marketing team and is not a representative.

I would also be worried myself that such hoaxes are discouraging Towers from actually doing their own teasers, especially as they would have seen how well Thorpe's went.

Carry on though if you wish! ;)
Chris W

Doesn't MakeBritainHappy live in Liverpool though? A few of us looked at his domain registration for watchtheground.com and it had their address as being in Liverpool.
Kaycee

MBH doesn't post that often. It's likely someone goes home to Liverpool every now and again and posts from there? Or happened to be there when registering the domain.
Chris W

The address in the domain information is what the person who buys the domain types, its not based on the actual geographic location.

I guess MBH could just have a loose connection with that location and is using that address to cover their back.
Kaycee

Ah, I've never bought a domain name so don't know - but yeah, exactly. The less time wasted on MBH and these videos, the less embarrassing the whole thing is. ;)

EDIT: As Crofty says, you can just call me the Happy Police. :P
Crofty

I'm making a hoax video, anyone want to be in it? :lol:

I think it's good to have stuff like this, it gets people thinking and keeps people interested. If it discourages Alton then they are just fools, it obviously creates discussion so Alton should cash in on it ASAP, maybe they are just miffed that they have missed the boat? :)

If you are going to hoax, make sure its gooood ;)

:D :D
leroy2009jones

Its obvious the Dr Rockwell videos are fake, because in this third video he is looking for the nightwatchman. Yet in video two all that was seen was a dark hooded figure. How has this "genuine" research doctor come to the conclusion that the figure in video two looked like a nightwatchman? did he have a nightwatchmans hat?, coat? lantern? Secondly his poor attempt at a David Attenborough voice clearly gives the game away, as well as all the "eerrrm" 's he says between sentences.