Black Hole 3

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
FOGplaya

What if The Black Hole Tent was used once more, and it housed Black Hole 3! What do you think it should be like, I think it should be a cool dark ride themed around space and war. Spinball whizzer was of Mohn Sohr. (i dont know how to spell theyre names :( ) An x-car in compact with a corscrew, inline twist and many exciting elements!
Am i alive with fear, or is fear alive with me?
Ollie

Why number 3? What happened to number 2?

Even if they did put a Coaster in the ex-Black Hole tent, I'd rather see a brand new name and theme.

Y'know freshen thing's up a bit, and add some uniqueness.
oldgitBEN

the black hole was at one point known as the black hole 2 - when the cars were changed to be the dual ones not the single ones.

Id love for something to go back in there, Im sure theyve got some sort of plans, because it looks so sad all empty and underused.
Joe Koopa

They're bound to have plans for that area, they wouldn't leave it empty would they?

Maybe they will
FOGplaya

Waste space? God no
Corkscrewed

[quote=""Koopa-Troopa""]They're bound to have plans for that area, they wouldn't leave it empty would they?

Maybe they will
[/quote]

Oh of course they won't... if you forget the last 3 or 4 years :P
Joe Koopa

Personally, I believe that when Tussauds owned the park, they would have replaced it. But then Merlin came in and instaead decided to close poor old corckscrew and (hopefully) give us SW6! :D
FOGplaya

i THOUGHT THAT Tussuads IS Merlin with a different name. :)
Joe Koopa

No complelty different company, before Tussauds got bought by Merlin. Merlin owned LegoLand, The Dunegons & The Sealife Brand. :D
FOGplaya

Well ill be damned
Mikey

Alton have plans for literally EVERY corner of land that they own. Probably 99% of the things they plan will never see the light of day, even if we as enthusiasts would love them to. There are probably a dozen or more ideas for the Black Hole tent.

I for one, would expect a coaster in there at some point.
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.
Anonymous

Maybe they will cut a BIG hole in the top and has a 600ft intamin floorless inverted wooden hyper there! [/overenthusiastic fanboy]
But seriously, I would love to see some "mature" entertainment in there, sure we have sir algenons attic, but that's for kids! They need to add a show for the adults/teens/preeteens!
CoasterCrazyChris

[quote=""MEME3000""]Maybe they will cut a BIG hole in the top and has a 600ft intamin floorless inverted wooden hyper there! [/overenthusiastic fanboy]
But seriously, I would love to see some "mature" entertainment in there, sure we have sir algenons attic, but that's for kids! They need to add a show for the adults/teens/preeteens![/quote]

...a show that would suit us would have to be incorporated into dark ride of some sort, possibly with a ride like element?
Joe Koopa

That would be a good idea, did I dream it or is there a ride at EPCOT, that starts of as a standard thereter, which then starts moving around a track, around dinosaurs?

Am I going insane? :dizzy:
Anonymous

I think a 4D cinema would suit Alton, But not like Time Voyagers [-X Actually have all the seats on a BIG floor that rotates, moves up and down and side to side!

Possible storyline:
You wander into an abandoned test facility with a Friend and find a weird looking machine (Oblivion possibly?). So your mate tells you to go have a look while he looks at the control panel. He pushes a button that activates the machine and there is a big siren noise and an electronic voice says "Please brace yourself and hold on tight, your ride is about to begin". Then a robot arm grabs you and throws you into a seat and you get locked in the seat. You start squirming and yelling, but it's no use! Your trapped! then the seat starts going wild sending electronic shocks through you (Possibly vibrations on the REAL seats). Then the seat sends you through an abandoned warehouse with all sorts of tech stuff like big monitors, control panels, maybe an odd electric chair or two. Then afterwards the chair comes to a gentle halt and releases you. THEN your running around panicking trying to find the way out and then it all fades out matrix style and your in an electric chair and a scientist voice says "Congratulations! You are the first succesful tester on my virtual reality! Please enjoy the rest of your day!" then you are all released out of the main building
leammiles

i'd like to see an interactive area inside the tent.

i know the blackhole tent isn't that big, but this could work. inside could be split into small ish areas. one area could be a small museum with the history of the park in it with maybe a small cinema screen showing old footage of the park and old ad campaigns. maybe scale models of the current rides and info on the towers and its history. another area could have a few kids things like a vertical slide and a ball pit. another could be a 'design your own rollercoaster' area with computers with basic software on where you can make rollercoasters and see what goes into making them.

it would be like a walk through attraction with bits where you can stop and interact.

i tried looking for a floorplan size of the black hole tent to see if it would be big enough, but i couldnt find one.

im sure its big enough to have two stories inside it though.
Andrewroom

[quote=""leammiles""]i'd like to see an interactive area inside the tent.

i know the blackhole tent isn't that big, but this could work. inside could be split into small ish areas. one area could be a small museum with the history of the park in it with maybe a small cinema screen showing old footage of the park and old ad campaigns. maybe scale models of the current rides and info on the towers and its history. another area could have a few kids things like a vertical slide and a ball pit. another could be a 'design your own rollercoaster' area with computers with basic software on where you can make rollercoasters and see what goes into making them.

it would be like a walk through attraction with bits where you can stop and interact.
[/quote]
That would be good, but perhaps not suited to X-Sector.
On the other hand, it could be themed like a laboratory (a psychological experiment like X sector is supposed to be). It might also reduce queues for Oblivion, Submission and Enterprise - though the average wait I've had for Oblivion is only about 15 minutes!

I had a dream a while ago that Alton started showing random teaser adverts on TV, though no one knew it was them or what it was for. Several months later all the different adverts came together into one - they were all psychologically based, showing people entering weird states of the mind. A red track then appears and it fades to black, showing the inside of the tent. It was a suspended coaster but the car was free to swing back and forth or side to side as it went along adding a really weird experience to the coaster. The effects inside were similar to those in Space Mountain 2 in DLP.

Everyone was shocked as no one knew anything was going on with the tent. That was just a dream... Would be awesome if it came true though :D
Toy Story Land at DLP! Woop!
doomey

I was hoping they would build a "playstation" ride in the place of black hole.

IMO it is a perfect addition alongside Oblivion.

For the unfamiliar, Playstation is a lunched thrill ride, on a single pole, with four cars.

[url=" target="_blank][/url] (video)
twitter : doomey
AstroDan

PlayStation is now known as 'tango ice blast' at Blackpool.

The 'Black Hole' remains a well known brand associated with Alton Towers. It would be great if the park could recycle the name once more.
Big Dave

Iceblast is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to big for that area. For a decent launched tower, you need in excess of 120ft. Towers would never get permission for such a ride to be made.