Great Video Of JW Talking About RMT!

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
spinwhizzer

Here it is, the rapids look really differnt back then!
http://www.atguide.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/real/jws.htm
Marshy

Wow! That shows you how much effort has gone into landscaping and theming of that area! Wardley's like a little kid running around showing the viewers the layout of the track :P
St Helens - 2006 Clean Sweep Champions and so far 2007 World Club Champions.
Anonymous

I always love JW's enthusiasm when he's describing his own creations. I remember him doing a similar thing on Tomorrow's World running around the Nemesis building site.
Phantom

Wait that was on Extreme Machines coaster programme wasnt it?
Gerstlauer Fanboy <3
Altonator

Anyone who has seen the docementry shown on BBC 2 in 1998 (the magic factory?) will have also seen John Wardley very excited the first time oblivion went down the drop he was laughing and jumping all over the place (lol) whilst the directors just stood there- brillant programme
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
Anonymous

[quote=""H_I_M""]Wait that was on Extreme Machines coaster programme wasnt it?[/quote]

The Nemesis thing may have been on Extreme Machines, but it was originally shown on Tomorrow's World when they covered the opening of Nemesis.
doom+sons1988

I've seen John Wardley and Keith Sparkes taking us through the Haunted House. For some reason the cars looked like they didn't have that coffin casing on. Does anyone know where I can get it from, it's about a 1 hour though but goes through the pre-production, music composing, creature designs and opening day.

If you know what I mean try to find it !
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Doopy Dan

Ok, i would really really want to see that video, really badly!
Anonymous

Me too. Sounds like a good programme for the designers and for people who would like to know what goes into the process to build a new ride. COuld be a good one if anyone could find a link or a site that has it for download.
Cameron

hey i cant view the video of JW and the RMT cud anyone send it to me? thanx -- cameroncook278@hotmail.com :shock:
air_head

Why can't I see the video!? I click the link, and it goes to a page with 2 unloaded boxes and a close window button!

Noooooooooo!!!
Anonymous

Mine doesnt work either. please send to sam.gregory@ntlworld.com
Phantom

Plus wasn't there footage of Thunder Looper on that programme as that's what made me a TL lover!
Gerstlauer Fanboy <3
bohoboy

does anyone remember the model at the end of around the world in 80 days? it showed the rmt, rapids and hh. I think the hh part of the model now lives (or did b4 the duel refurb) in the garden section of the hh.
robbob1991
Location: A Computer, A Room, A House, A Road, A Town, A County, A Country, A Planet, A Galexy, A Universe.

if aneone carnt see it you need to hav real player to view it
Doopy Dan

Ok that video with John running around the RMT site, i have the full video of that, it follows the construction of The Haunted House, and Katanga Canyon, i have it on DVD, and will try and get it up online in a few weeks, the video is very intresting and shows lots of footage of both areas and rides been built. shows Nemesis and Thunder Looper too!
spinwhizzer

Cool! Sounds great. :D
Altonator

i have it on DVD,
Is it a DVD you made yourself or did you buy it from Alton?
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
Doopy Dan

Its a video converted onto DVD
Northern_Rider

The park looks so different, its hard to tell where everything is its all just open flat land. Very good vid