Oakwood

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dr Pop Rocket

Yay oakwood are getting a eurofighter coaster for the 2006 season.

http://www.oakwood-leisure.com/rides/speed.htm
srw985

YES!!!!

the rumours were true

cant wait

EDIT -

Track Layout and fotage (simulated) - from www.oakwood.co.uk

[url=mms://81.3.125.47/oakwood/speedhigh.asf]Broadband[/url]
[url=mms://81.3.125.47/oakwood/speedisdn.asf]IDSN[/url]
[url=mms://81.3.125.47/oakwood/speedlow.asf]Dial-Up[/url]

The layout looks very good, its not just like Oblivion (dont get me wrong - oblivion is great) where it has just one drop and a bend, its got Inversions, helixs camelbacks etc

[quote=""Oakwood's Website""]
2000 feet of steel roller coaster built for speed and fun! Our new ride will thrill you with a vertical lift, a more than vertical first drop, a -1G camel hump, a flying 110 degree turn, a vertical loop, a 360 barrel roll and a horizontal loop at speeds of up to 95 kph![/quote]

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by srw985 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chester City Football Club
Beaver Dude

Looks great. Pretty intense and it's good to see another smaller park get a great new ride.
Dr Pop Rocket

[quote=""srw985""]YES!!!!

The layout looks very good, its not just like Oblivion (dont get me wrong - oblivion is great) where it has just one drop and a bend, its got Inversions, helixs camelbacks etc

[[/quote]

Dont expect the drop to be like oblivions, the drops on eurofighters are no where near as good as dive machine drops.
Anonymous

Meh, I see a Eurofighter as a super cheap, super tacky coaster. Nowt special at all... as exciting as your average Pinfari...

Yay.
TenZero

Yey, if you want updates go to my oaky site. I wont plug it, you should know!
I think the ride will be called, Speed, or No Limits :P
Anonymous

Fair enough, i gotta say, Dr Pop Rocket you were quick putting that up here. I only let the news out what hours ago!

srw985 please remove those direct links to the site for the video.

A complete fact file for the ride can viewed below via the link >>>

http://www.oakwooduk.co.uk/

Check back to the site over the winter for EXCLUSIVE construction photos (construction has already commenced)!

It's not going to be called No Limits
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TenZero

Rich, can you check your pm inbox please.
The ride looks amazing IMO.
srw985

From what I can tell, It looks like its going to be one of the best coasters in the UK. In the same league as Nemesis, Air, PMBO, Oblivion, etc.

What do you think will be better - EUROFIGHTER or Megafobia?
srw985

Now that the 2006 EuroFighter has been confirmed, once it has opened there will be a "competition" between the parkd wooden coaster - megafobia - one of the best in the world, and the new coaster.

From what you have seen so far what do you think will be the best out of the two?
Anonymous

T3h urofigter cuzz ti r0x0rs mr tan oblivoin!

Sorry *hangs head in shame*. On first impressions, I'd say the Megaphobia as we all know woodies are the best coaster types, and Megaphobia is one good example!
srw985

i havent voted to keep it fair
CGM

Megafobia for two reasons.

1)It's a classic (for Oakwood anyway) and has a great layout for a reduced price.
2)Eurofighters don't exactly have a world renowned reputation. when was the last time you heard a Eurofighter being mentioned ouside of the UK?

Does anyone know how a Eurofighter rides?
Dr Pop Rocket

/ Hey this coaster will not be in the same league as nemesis, etc. Dont get yourself to excited eurofighters are not the best of coasters, the drop is meh and the inversions are no were near as intense as nemesis, but I beleive you might get a good bit of airtime, and this coaster will be quite rough. Comparing this eurofighter to megafobia is like comparing rita with Kingda Ka.
Anonymous

It's certainly no Nemesis, but I think it's a welcome and unique addition to the UK's coaster line-up. Rather than the usual comparisons, let's enjoy it for what it is (or will be!).

Looking forward to a Wales visit in 2006.

:)
Anonymous

I love watching Oakwood grow. Last time I visited, Megafobia and Bounce were the only decent rides to go on and Voodoo Mansion had just opened.

This is a great addition to the park and will probably put Oakwood on the map! Got a great variety of rides now!
Mikey

Cool, nice addition to Oakwood I think. Any idea where abouts in the park the ride will be? (not been to Oakwood in 2 years).
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.
Anonymous

Near Plane Crazy (opened 2004), near the Waterfall, to the left of bounce from the front of the park.
srw985

Will it be painted the same colours as in the sim video?

What do you think it will be themed as?

Juding by those colours, not a space/future theme or nemesis/spooky theme.
CGM

Can you download the NoLimits file from anywhere or are Gaustler keeping it to themselves at the moment?