Get Involved with TowersTimes

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Squiggles

Howdy all,

It is now even easier to contribute to TowersTimes with the introduction of our brand new Get Involved! section, which outlines the many ways you can play a part in the site and wider community.

As part of this new section of the site we've introduced a brand new Image Uploader , which offers an easy way for you to contribute your photos to the site. All you need to do is fill in the required information and away you go. Who knows, tomorrow one of your photos of Alton Towers could feature in pride of place on the main page.

As part of the launch we are looking to put together a selection of photos commemorating the life and times of the Corkscrew and now all of our members can take part!! Do you have a classic shot of the old girl? Perhaps a photo taken during her closing event or even a picture from during her construction. Well all you need to do is submit it using the new Image Uploader and your photos can be part of a lasting memorial to the coaster that put Alton Towers on the theme park map!
Edwardo..... move me!
Big Dave

Well all the images on my site are free to use if you want them. Cannot be bothered to upload over 200 images thought and Im sure you will not be best impressed if I did either.

So how many can you upload? What are the size restrictions? Where are they stored? Can I view all uploaded photos?
Rowe

I've already put two up on there, one of the now deceased Corkscrew and one of Nemesis.
It's pretty cool to be honest :)
Big Dave

Yeah uploaded a few and got loads more but until I know what the restrictions are and a bit more info, Im not going to upload anymore yet.
Joel

[quote=""Big Dave""]So how many can you upload?[/quote]

As many as you want.

[quote=""Big Dave""]What are the size restrictions?[/quote]

10mb per photo. It does tell you on the site :P

[quote=""Big Dave""]Where are they stored?[/quote]

In a secret vault at TowersTimes HQ.

Nah - The filenames are changed to a special convention and they are hidden away to stop people misusing the tool as a image "hosting" service.

[quote=""Big Dave""]Can I view all uploaded photos?[/quote]

No, it's merely a way to share photos with us. We'll review them, see if we can put them to any good use on the website, and use them if appropriate.

If they are not used, they may be stored in our catalogue for later use.

Any other questions? :D
Big Dave

Yeah as well has file size, how large in resolution can you upload or is it limitless has long has its below the file size?

---- Post Info Added ----

Would reallllly like a list of the uploads I sent to you purely so I know what I have already sent to you and confirmation it uploaded ok. Pretty hard to do and I must admit I love this feature, but you know what Im like asking for more :P
Corkscrewed

I'll upload a couple of Air I got, they're not great and from 2006 but they do have the train going through the second tunnel, and I don't think I've seen a shot like that on TT before :P

Edited to remove the incorrect facts lol.
caffeine_demon

"Any other questions? "

can I upload pics of my doohdah?? :P
Big Dave

Only if you agree for it to be posted all over TT homepage lol
NickT04

I've put 10 pictures up, hope they come of use to you at some point!
Corkscrewed

One question: If this is TT news, then why is it in Ma Garrita's?

:P
Big Dave

Its a global announcement ie its everywhere lol
Corkscrewed

Yes I know Dave :P

All I'm saying is I'm sure that when you were in the topic you could see the forum it was originally posted in, but I guess not :S
Edgey

Thanks so much for doing this for us, I really appreciate it. I'll be uploading my pictures later
Joel

You'll now be able to see what images you've uploaded when you upload images from now on.

You will be sent an email with a link to view your uploaded photos. You'll need to keep this link safe to view these photos as we will not be able to re-send viewing links out.

If you use the EXACT same details each time you upload, you'll be able to see all of your previous uploads too.

Images are protected so please do not hotlink to them.

Images may be deleted/removed by the team, so please do not expect them to stay active on the upload location for masses amounts of time.

Hope that helps :D
Squiggles

Thank you for your submissions so far. I've only had a quick look, but have seen some good ones in there.

A nice couple of Corkscrews closing day too.

Keep them coming.
Edwardo..... move me!
cmpunk771

Is this still happening? Or has it Died?
Joel

Happening? It's more ongoing, as in people send in things whenever they feel they might like to share photos with us, and we'll pop them onto the site if they are suitable enough for everyone to see.

So theres nothing really to 'die' about it, apart from when it goes a bit quiet on the submissions front :D
Nightfall

I just had a go at uploading some images. I noticed there weren’t any pictures on the Thirteen page of the people in the bushes or the XIII stones so I thought I’d upload 3 of mine.
[align=center]Image[/align]