Smoking In The Queue Lines

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Fosterweb

True. People though do not ask a smoker to put it out. When I was queing on a school trip the smoke was blowing into some young boys infront of us and me and my friends, the yound lads were making faces at the smell etc.

I then politely said 'Excuse me, would you mind putting your cig out as its blowing on me', the man simply apologised and said he didnt realise it was blowing on us and put it out.

The small children might have felt intimadated to ask an older person but this has happened before with other older people aswell.

I have asked many people to stump out cig's in the lines, out of more than 40 about 2 have said no or more being 'F**k off!' but these were teenagers, and chavs! typical :roll:

Foster
Anonymous

I cannot sympathise or agree with any of the points about smoking being ok in the queues! I don't care if you are addicted that is your problem not mine! When you are standing in a queue and people are smoking all around you it is the worst thing ever! I haven't got asthma and I am not saying that standing next to someone smoking will give me lung cancer BUT it does make my nose sting, makes my hair and clothes stink and makes my eyes sensitive! I am 100% happy that AT have banned smoking in the queue lines because I find it the most annoying and disgusting thing ever!
AltonTowerswierdo

we saw a tombaco tin on the nets underneath Rita
AltonTowerswierdo

There was some guys who were smoking in the queue behind us and it was really disgusting! :x
Marshy

Yer a man was smoking in the queue when I was queuing for Rita. It's horrible when you can't go anywhere to get away from it and they just don't give a crap. I've not actually noticed any "no smoking" signs though :?
St Helens - 2006 Clean Sweep Champions and so far 2007 World Club Champions.
JezziWezzi

i no its a totaly difrferent park but at Blackpool Pleasure Beach i was queing for Ice Blast and a man at the front of te queue sparkd up (afta quein for 1+1/2) n as kikd out of the queue......they should do this @ AT,..........shudnt they?
Anonymous

Ok, you have to remember staff have a job to do and that is to run the ride. Kicking people out for smoking is right down at the bottom of out to do list. Also if it has broken down and they spark up, its not there fault. They could have been on the ride and off again but because of the breakdown they have had to wait longer, so we normally let them smoke during a breakdown.