History Photo Updates

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Squiggles

TowersTimes are proud to announce the first in a series of history updates from our latest site contributor, William.

We start with a fairly comprehensive update for our Around the World in Eighty Days page, including a host of new photos of the ride, including a rare glimpse at scenes such as Holland, Las Vegas and the ride's station, which of course was themed as London, the starting point of Phileas Fogg's journey.
Edwardo..... move me!
Rita 2005

Fantastic set of photos there, nice to see the original boats are still being used in CatCF :) .
Liam

Looks better than Charlie! :P
Squiggles

I did a quick tally in my head, and I think the vast expanse that is the nut room actually covers five of the Around the World scenes. :?
Edwardo..... move me!
MostMagicalCat

Those pics take me back. Thanks
[
Big Dave

You have to bear in mind that Charlie misses out several rooms. Its a very poor design at the moment and a complete waste of a boat ride. Why do the passengers get off half way through the boat ride? If it was me I would have moved the television room somewhere else and made full use of the boat ride first.
Squiggles

Now... when I said this was going to be a series of updates way back in October I wasn't actually lying... and just to prove so, here is part two.

The second attraction to receive an update is Dinosaur Land. This is an attraction that I'm sure many Alton Towers fans know little about, or at most remember the Dinosaurs being located around the Log Flume if anywhere. It is therefore quite exciting therefore for us to be adding three new pictures of this attraction which was the first of the modern leisure park's attractions to close when it made way for the Blackhole in 1983.

I also today have another long awaited update, as today I have finally added the Nemesis Bedroom page to the history section for Alton Towers Hotel. For those in the know, it has been a long time in the coming and many thanks have to go to Altonator for taking the pictures way back during the 1997 season.

Enjoy! (and hopefully [s:2y5qi7fz]tomorrow[/s:2y5qi7fz] on [s:2y5qi7fz]Thursday[/s:2y5qi7fz] Friday? I will have more for you as well!)
Edwardo..... move me!
Big Dave

As mentioned before, I have a few photos floating around by various people that I use on my site. As a part of the terms of use, anyone contributing to the site, must agree that images might be passed on to other sites. Therefore if you see anything on my site (after its working :P) you like, feel free to drop me a line/message. Also any news on this contribute to TTF thingy Joel was working on?
Squiggles

That's part of tomorrow's update. I think some of the photos you submitted over the uploader will be appearing on the site then.

Sorry it's taken so long to get around to, but its just taking me some time to get around to everything that needs doing on the site,
Edwardo..... move me!
Big Dave

Its nice to see my name still in the credit bit anyways after uploading videos to here ages back. Really like the idea of the community sharing its info and media with the site.
Altonator

Great updates there Squiggles :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: looking forward to seeing other updates tommorow :)
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
furie

You're just helping me regain my youth! :)

I loved the Dinosaur area, I was a big fan in my younger days. They used to have a T-Rex costume they got out on occasion. The person in it would stand still next to the big T-Rex model, then kind of amble out at people (it's not entirely possible to jump out at people in a T-Rex costume) and scare them!

Happy days!

Brilliant thanks!
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here
Shent

Nice 1 thanks.
......The one and only... :sus: