Strange Coasters

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Blaze

Shockwave is an Intamin.
.Will

Blaze wrote: Shockwave is an Intamin.
Well done. I did say though that Giovanola worked as a subcontractor.
Blaze

Shockwave is all Intamin. Giovanola had nothing to do with it. They only really worked together before B&M split off.
.Will

Giovanola fashioned steel for Intamin and B&M before they went bankrupt, they then merged with B&M and Intamin.
Bote

The box design track was a Giovanola creation according to many sources, including the plans for the ride which are on display in the hotel, all marked up as Giovanola. They produced track for a few Intamin rides that were subcontracted to them. That was the main thing B&M took with them when they left so I gather.
Blaze

Giovanola went bankrupt in 2002, they didn't merge with anyone.

They and Intamin were two seperate companies who often worked together. B&M worked for them before starting their own company, taking the box track they helped create.

Giovanolas, Intamins and B&Ms box tracks were all slightly different, as well as the support structures.
seanyboyuk

That eco coaster doesnt look too bad. Looks similar to the ultimate. Im sure another hilly park could come up with a good thrill version of that concept?
RyanY

Ahhhhh The S&S Fly free.

Looks pretty fun to me.
Mi-Nigle

Duelling water coaster anyone??

This, oddly enough, has the same duelling concept as SW7!

http://www.rcdb.com/2929.htm
BigAl

This one is weird, not because it looks like it's been built inside an arcade, but because of the company who made it. Who? Why it was our dear friends, PAX! Yes, a good looking coaster that was made by the same company that brought us the Formule 1 and Cobra! :P

It's 'Jungle Storm' at Chakazoolu Indoor Theme Park.

Not sure about that turn there. It looks a bit... lethal! :P

Look closely and you'll see that even the supports are themed! :O

Not sure about this lift! :lol:

Looks like good fun, if you ask me!

Even the cars don't look that bad!

I thought I'd clicked on another manufacturer, but no, PAX did make this! It's nothing special compared with other coaster out there, but the theming looks pretty good, the layout and guest interaction is great AND PAX MADE IT!!!!

Here's the rides RCDB page: http://www.rcdb.com/1929.htm
And I may as well throw in a POV for you all as well:

:)
Nightfall

That lift just looks wrong. The track is also much thicker than I'm sure it needs to be. Interesting ride
[align=center]Image[/align]
BigAl

I bet it's hilarious to ride though! :P
AstroDan

PAX are absolutely crazy.

We need more in Britain.

:P
DiogoJ42

That looks pretty nifty for what probably counts as a kiddy coaster.
BigAl

I think the theming looks great. If only there were more indoor parks like that over here. :/
WillPS

AstwoDan wrote: PAX are absolutely crazy.

We need more in Britain.

:P
The original Dreamland Trust plans had one I think, although I think this was from the time they were trying to force the sale to Stockvale.
BigAl

Name: Roaster Coaster
Manufacturer: Speedcult
Type: Abusement Ride

Youtube video:

Looks safe enough to me! :P

These guys also made a ride called the lawn dart which is a single steel rail with a drag racer style car mounted to it. The car is attached to a pvc pipe and a air tank which propels the car with the same thrust as the Top Thrill Dragster (apparently). Once the car reaches the end of the track it catches a steel cable which slows the car and two bungee cords ping the car straight back. This continues to move the car backwards and forwards until it runs out of elastic energy. The ride was tested a few times, each time being given more power for a more quicker and forceful launch. The first human test went well but the second test was set to full power and the catch didn't work so the car was hurled backwards towards the air tank. Fortunatley, the pvc pipe and someone's leg stopped it from smashing to pieces, along with the boss of Speedcult too!

I can't find a video of this ride but there are some pictures of it.

These two rides were featured on a show called 'Mad Scientists' on Nat Geo. Here's a behind-the-scenes article: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/c ... lawn-dart/

:)
Don't_Look_Down

This pedal-powered coaster at Washuzan Highland Park in Japan. Definitely not one for the faint of heart :shock:
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
DiogoJ42

:shock: I think we may have finaly found a coaster that I wouldn't go on if you paid me!