Re-Located Coasters

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Anonymous

Heres where you can find information on Altons old coasters and pictures of where they are now, from coasters like the Alton Mouse and Thunderlooper:

http://www.rcdb.com/quicksearch.htm?qui ... ton+towers

The old coasters are at the bottom.
Check it out and see what you think.
Cosmo

Alton Mouse was bloody fantastic. I've never experienced anything quite like it.
Anonymous

[quote=""Cosmo""]Alton Mouse was bloody fantastic. I've never experienced anything quite like it.[/quote]

You know, I really didn't rate it that much. Nowhere near as exciting or thrilling as BPB/PBB's Wild Mouse. The Alton Mouse just seemed too darn 'safe', and feeling safe isn't the point of a Mouse ride.

It's a shame that the ride isn't still there - it would have made a superb family attraction to reduce queues elsewhere in the park, but ultimately, like all the best comedy series, it's premature passing made it seem more of a classic.

And the Beast, when it was next to it, was a far superior thrill experience. When you were at the top of the spiral lift-hill, the view was incredible and the ride itself was much more of a genuine, rollercoaster thrill.
Squiggles

[quote=""Shockadelica""]
You know, I really didn't rate it that much. Nowhere near as exciting or thrilling as BPB/PBB's Wild Mouse. The Alton Mouse just seemed too darn 'safe', and feeling safe isn't the point of a Mouse ride.
[/quote]

It's kind of ironic that one of the reasons the ride was removed was due to the fact it wasn't excessivly safe.

It had a minor crash during the 1991 Season (whiplash style), so with it's lease running out it (among other thing, such as the locals) it was removed.
Edwardo..... move me!