Corkscrew: The End of an Era.

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Kaycee

Wow, congratulations! T'is a great prize! Your house is soon going to be a shrine to the Corkscrew! :lol: Nice one.

towersfreak, the question wasn't worded badly - Gary capitalised the word 'Corkscrews', which subtley showed that the Corkscrews in question were named that way - i.e. The Corkscrew roller-coaster and the Corkscrew fountain.
The other corkscrews you mentioned aren't really the same, I'm pretty sure the B&M name for the Nemesis 'corkscrews' are Wing Overs...?
towers freak

Well if the person who found the link first (properly me because i'm the only one stupid enough) had signed into an account with a valid email address this wouldn't have happened. Again well done john look after it will you mate and maybe u can pm me and send me some pictures of the prize and corkies car as i would love to see them.
Corkscrewed

[quote=""towers freak""]Well if the person who found the link first (properly me because i'm the only one stupid enough) had signed into an account with a valid email address this wouldn't have happened. Again well done john look after it will you mate and maybe u can pm me and send me some pictures of the prize and corkies car as i would love to see them.[/quote]

OR maybe he could just post them on here? We'd all like to see! :P
djruggy

Good to know that my knowledge of the gardens is completely rubbish LOL.
Would never have got that! - and even if i did mention the fountain i would definitely not know the year!!!

Oh well...good one to the person who definitely knows his stuff about the place :wink:
corkscrewcar

No problem, will post a pic of the prize when it arrives, also a couple of pics of the car at the same time.
Big Dave

Funny if they turn up and dump a load of corkscrew parts in your front lawn :P
Jon

And how ironic would it be if he gave himselfva neck injury carrying the pieces indoors?

The curse lives on!
Formerly "Dagoo"
barryzola

Well done mate, i'm glad someone got a prize after that, enjoy!
NickT04

In a way I'm glad I never entered - would never of got that in a million years. The garden's arn't my thing!

Congratulations to John :D
James

I'm glad I didn't enter, i would have said the Thunderlooper :lol: . Well done to John, your house must be Corkscrew heaven.

:D
AstroDan

I feel a bit silly now. I knew the answer, but didn't enter as I a) couldn't be bothered and b) thought everyone would know it.

:evil:
Jon

Should-I, would-I, could-I are the last words of a fool!
Formerly "Dagoo"
AstroDan

It's quite funny how the only bits of publicly released Corky "stuff" have gone to the same household too. :lol:

I still wish they'd have taken names and addresses of people on the 9th November and everyone could have had a little souvenir once the ride had been dismantled.

Oh well.

:)
Ash84

If you read that Alton, I was there! I baggs the lift hill motor please!

Ash
towers freak

If you read that Alton, I was there too I baggs a section of the lift hill chain please!
Big Dave

I want the control panel. Dont care if it no longer does anything, I just want to pretend lol
Anonymous

[quote=""Big Dave""]I want the control panel. Dont care if it no longer does anything, I just want to pretend lol[/quote]

Are these yours Dave?? Image
Big Dave

Wondered where they got to
Joe Koopa

If you're reading this Alton, I wasn't there but I still want something. . :) It was the day I joined Towers Times!
djruggy

[quote=""Jlton""]I'm glad I didn't enter, i would have said the Thunderlooper :lol: . Well done to John, your house must be Corkscrew heaven.

:D[/quote]

Ah the ThunderLooper - a ride i soooooo miss. :(
Maybe one day i will travel to Brazil and go to Hopi Hari just to ride it again to bring back the memories!!! :lol:

As for the Corkscrew could i have the entrance to the queue line signage?
Have that in my back garden!!! LOL