Monorail Opening Day & Mouse Opening Day

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Anonymous

I'm not sure why, but the promised videos have not appeared yet on Towers Times.I know some of you are extremely keen to get your hands on them, so if you do I will email them out direct.

Just drop me a line on [url=mailto:Aceman6969@msn.com]Aceman6969@msn.com[/url]

Please note that the Mouse video is approx 6mb and the Monorail one is 10mb. Don't waste my time or yours if your email account cannot accept such big files (i.e. Hotmail).

This will only be open until the end of the Month so get your requests in!

Again, thanks to Brian Jones for the original footage!
Anonymous

Just sent an e-mail to you faulty about the vids. Is it better for me to add you to my messanger or the other way around?
Anonymous

They are really good bits of old AT footage. Thank you faulty, good work!
Anonymous

[quote=""kylies_kitty""]Thank you faulty, good work![/quote]

Ahem... :raving:

:wave:
Anonymous

I ment good work for the transfer onto/sending to people. Wasnt disputing that Faulty filmed/recorded it.
Anonymous

[quote=""kylies_kitty""]I ment good work for the transfer onto/sending to people. Wasnt disputing that Faulty filmed/recorded it.[/quote]

S'okay, I was just being a bit silly.

Considering your username, I know how happy you must be to see Ms Minogue opening the attraction.
Anonymous

Sure am! I rode it and i still have "thoughts" on how i reacted on it, the one and ONLY time i went on it. I was 15, young and scared of heights... i was on a roll! lol

And then theres the Ms Minogue..... if only i could get a ticket for her next tour (when ever they are released when she announces another tour), that there would be nothing i wont do to get one! I tried to get on for M in Manchester for 14th August but sold out when i finally go through :evil: :( I digress!
The Mouse was great and the fact that the vid shows The Beast behind it looks great, 2 peices of history in one vid.
spinwhizzer

ive e mailed Faulty Towers, but havn't got a reply, if is still ok to snd it to people?
Anonymous

i didnt get the email. Please re-send
spinwhizzer

I've sent another one, but it still hasn't worked, is there another way?
Anonymous

Ah, It now looks like the videos are finally on the main TT site!

Enjoy!!!!!

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/interact/videos.htm
Ron_Mc_Don

I've just watched the monorail opening.
On one of the reports it said that it cost 5 million and on the other report it said 15 million.
Which is correct ?
Anonymous

I think the actual transit system cost £5m as it was second hand from Canada. However, the park investment was for that year £15m which included the skyride as well.
Adz
Admin
Admin

There is a lot more old footage of rides that Brian sent me which I hope will be on TT soon.
Oh Brilliant, i cant wait. nice one Brian/shockathingy
Anonymous

Oh Brilliant, i cant wait. nice one Brian/shockathingy
LOL @ shockathingy.

Actually, the name Shockadelica comes from something SO sad, you wouldn't believe.

It's the title of an obscure Prince song.

Good word, though.
Anonymous

[quote=""Adrian-TT""]Just looked at the Kylie vid again and there is a chap in a green jumper that looks very much like Jason Donavan, at least as I remember him with that 80's hair cut! Don't think it is him but he looks like him.[/quote]

LOL, I've thought the same thing, whenever I've watched it.

And this pre-dates the Kylie/Jason thing.

By the way, in order to stay on-topic...

The one thing that'll annoy me until the day I die is that there was so much more I recorded that somehow got lost as I never thought that one day somebody would invent the internet and allow other enthusiasts to see the things I'd recorded.

Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards opening The Beast
Anneka Rice riding the Rapids for Treasure Hunt
Noel Edmonds opening said Rapids
Prince Edward opening the Skyride and facing the most stupid question ever asked by a journalist;

(Whilst the rain poured down and Prince Edward announced the Royal Knockout...)

Journalist: The weather's not great today, will you be hoping for better weather for the knockout?
Prince Edward: Well, what do you think?

Classic stuff that made me forever regret the re-record function!!!
Crofty

lol yep i thought it it looked like JD too lol :D

Cheers Shockadelica for the vids - They are fab - The mouse looks like it was quite a long ride, something AT is lacking today.

And when I saw the Monorail grand opening the first thing I thought was "Where's that slope to on todays Monorail then? lol :lol: :lol:
Was the Train in some sort of fast mode back then or was it just the angle that it was filmed at? (Out of the station.)

"Anneka Rice riding the Rapids for Treasure Hunt"

Yes I recall seeing this a couple of times on Challenge TV (is it still called that?)
when she also goes to see the JCB's Dancing lol :P
Altonator

what other videos have TT been sent?
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
Adz
Admin
Admin

but it would be a huge download because it was over an hour long
But bloody hell it would be worth it! although im sure Bandwidth is eating away at someones wallet....
Anonymous

Not if you get an all inclusive Broadband package.... :wink: 8)