The Hall of Fame

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Kaz

Whatever happened to it? It became a bit hit and miss but now it's gone, will it be coming back?

Kaz
Craig

It's certainly something which was mentioned when we jigged the forums about a few months ago, but we're not sure what direction it's going to take yet. Things have been a bit busy for everyone on the team lately so we haven't had chance to chat about it really. I'll stick it on my to do list though :P

In the meantime, let's throw it open to input. Anyone have any suggestions as to how you would like them to be done in future?
Kaycee

I did like the Hall of Fame, it was nice for members to get some recognition each month (if they were nominated), but I think the way it worked was a bit crap, so possibly you guys could suggest other ways it would work?

The old way was a bit flawed for a couple of reasons; all 'votes' would just be nominations, with the deciding vote down to Gashead/Ray or Cod! But because they were just nominations, that should have meant really once one person had been nominated, there would have been no reason to nominate them again, so in effect any repeat nominations was a wasted nomination - and we'd see whole topics with only one or two people repeatedly nominated.

We should look at bringing back the old one, as there's a lot of us in there, but there's just a lot of gaps in recent months as well due to the lessening presence of our two ex-Landlords :P so we could put all the new people into a restarted HoF and have the old one there locked or something.

Just thoughts!
BULBOUS

Perhaps a thread for nominations for two weeks of the month, and then for the two last weeks, a secret poll?

So, when someone has been nominated in the nominations thread (1st-15th), they're added to the poll list. The poll runs from 15th-30th and results can't be seen until the 30th, if that's possible? It'd mean that the vote wouldn't be influenced by others' choices, and that the end result was decided by the forum as a whole - if that's what Kaycee's hinting at wanting. :)
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
Kaycee

I'm not really hinting at anything, just interested to hear what everyone else thinks, as I did think the old system - while it worked - was flawed.

What you say sounds like a good idea. :)
Kaz

I agree with you Kaycee that the old system was flawed, each topic would consist of about 3 peoples names constantly repeated over and over and quite often without reasons (everyone should have to give a valid reason for nomination).

I think the best way to do it would be a format where people can't see others nominations as it influences their own choice. I do like the idea of having say 5 people nominated by staff each month and then running a poll which only allows the person to see the results once they have nominated. I think you would find it would be a lot fairer.

Kaz
LiamSAFC

How about everyone just puts a nomination in, and then have a vote out of the top two or three nominees of who should get it. If there is a tie, then the deciding vote goes down to one of the admin?

Just an idea mind, I do like Kaz's idea though :D
badger

[quote=""Kaz""]I agree with you Kaycee that the old system was flawed, each topic would consist of about 3 peoples names constantly repeated over and over and quite often without reasons (everyone should have to give a valid reason for nomination).

I think the best way to do it would be a format where people can't see others nominations as it influences their own choice. I do like the idea of having say 5 people nominated by staff each month and then running a poll which only allows the person to see the results once they have nominated. I think you would find it would be a lot fairer.

Kaz[/quote]

That sounds like a good idea....I like it!

:D
Joel

I think we should just have some kind of online vote type thing, which can't be rigged at all.

A bit like this www.joely.net/vote.php

*sniggers* :D
Stu

LOL! Dear Dear.
AstroDan

Where's Roland? He does a lot behind the scenes...