New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Grand-Nash89

Hi my name is Martin and I love Alton.

I'm a massive fan of pleasure beach, but since the smiler crash I bought a MAP and been visiting Alton more than my yearly visit (been 4 times this yeAr) great forum btw
Danny

Hi Martin- welcome to the forum! :)
Dom

Hi Martin. Welcome to the forum. Come say hi in the shoutbox at the bottom of the main forum page. :)
Renefoetsie

Hello everyone I'm renefoetsie, I love theme parks rollercoaster and games, and of course Alton Towers :P That's basically it, stay safe all!
Dom

Welcome to the forum Renefoetsie. Come say hi in the Shoutbox at the bottom of the main forum page sometime. :)
tinasmith

Hey I am Tina, From Ireland, but live in London. I have 3 kids, that love going to all these adventure parks, and I am looking to take them again before winter kicks in :) x
Thanks,
Tina
Dom

Welcome to the forum Tina. I would say come say hi in the Shoutbox, but i saw that you already have. :lol
Rita Fan

Hi! My names Rita Fan and by my name you can tell I'm a big fan of.....oblivion #-o just joking. I've been reading on here for ages and now I thought I should post. Anyway, hello!
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
Dom

Welcome to the forum Rita Fan. Come say hi in the Shoutbox sometime :)
NemeJaney

Welcome to the forum all new people! Hope to see you in the shoutbox some time soon :D
iaintraynor

Hi guys,

Newbie here. My name is Iain and I'm from Northern Ireland. First of all a little bit of background. Up until this year I'd never been on a coaster or thrill ride of any description,the main reason being there's nothing in the way of a theme park here at home (apart from Tayto park which has a woodie) and the second reason being I'm not (well wasn't) great with heights. That all changed when we went to Florida in July for the first time. I plucked up my courage and lost my coaster virginity on the Manta at Seaworld, after that I couldn't get enough and did all the big coasters in the main parks in Orlando. I even managed Falcons Fury at Busch Gardens and for someone not great with heights I have to admit that I was pretty chuffed with myself.

Anyway when we got home from Florida the depression set in and after a few weeks I started getting withdrawal symptoms and needed my kicks so I looked into a doing a couple of days at Alton Towers and booked a two day midweek trip for the 3rd week in August.

7am flight out of Belfast International with my wife and 12 year old twins in tow, landed in Manchester, rented a car and arrived at the towers just after 10am. All the rides were pretty much walk on apart from Th13teen which we left to the next day after our overnight stay in Stoke.

Was disappointed that Sub terra was closed and of course gutted at the smiler being closed. Oblivion was a bit of an anti-climax to be honest but with no queue whatsoever it was still worth going on.

Anyhow had a fantastic time and can't wait to get back soon.
Luce

Welcome to the forum Iain and all the new members who've joined recently. Hope you all enjoy it here :)
Dom

Welcome to the forum Iain. Come say hi in the Shoutbox sometime :)
Stan.H

Bonjour Ian!! Welcome to the forum!! Be sure to do the SB quiz!!
Yunagirlamy

Hello everyone. :)

My name is Amy, and I've been a huge fan of Alton Towers since 2014. I've also loved Drayton Manor since 2007, with Apocalypse being my first major ride (didn't really like it, though). I was dragged on Maelstrom by a friend, cried in the queue about how I didn't want to ride it and since that day it's been my favourite ride at Drayton Manor. Shockwave was my first roller coaster I went on that looped and inverted. (And as for G-Force, I only went on it for the first time this year.)

The Smiler is my absolute favourite ride at Alton Towers, though I do think Nemesis is a better ride experience. But The Smiler is my favourite because of the theming (the song is catchy as hell), and the length of the ride.

Again, hello everyone, and I hope I have a great time on these forums.
Adam.W

Welcome to the forum Amy :) Hope you enjoy it here :)
js2592

Hi all, my names John, and I wouldn't say I'm new, but have never introduced my self! I've Been a member since 2010 and visit the site daily! Although I very rarely post!

Hopefully going to change that now!
Dom

Welcome to the forum Amy and John. Come say hello in the Shoutbox some time :)
Stan.H

Welcome back John, and hey Amy, please remember to use the ShoutBox, and on special occasions Dom does GREAT quizzes!! :yes:
Tommy85

Hi all,

New to the forum but been viewing for quite some time. Love Alton so much, it's such a special place. No other theme park in the world has the same feel about it in my opinion. Been at least once a year, every year, since I was 14 and im 30 now. Oblivion is my favourite ride, it may be short but none of the other rides can match the adreneline rush ;-)

Im attending scarefest this year and can't wait to experience the new mazes.

Anyway hope to meet some new friends here :-)

Tom