New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Welcome Andy :)
ArthurG'Parkfan

Hello everyone !

My name is Arthur, I am 20 years old and I am French. I've been Parkfan since I was a kid : I'm lucky enough to live 1 hour drive from Europa-Park. I go there very often (I have the annual pass).

I register here because I like the Attraction Source website, and follow all the information coming from the British parks !

I've already been to Alton Towers twice. I love this park, it's my 4th favorite park (out of 26) ! And The Smiler is my favorite coaster there (3rd favorite coaster of all the ones I've done).

I hope that my English is quite correct, and that I will follow some interesting news here !
Dan

ArthurG'Parkfan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:46 pm Hello everyone !

My name is Arthur, I am 20 years old and I am French. I've been Parkfan since I was a kid : I'm lucky enough to live 1 hour drive from Europa-Park. I go there very often (I have the annual pass).

I register here because I like the Attraction Source website, and follow all the information coming from the British parks !

I've already been to Alton Towers twice. I love this park, it's my 4th favorite park (out of 26) ! And The Smiler is my favorite coaster there (3rd favorite coaster of all the ones I've done).

I hope that my English is quite correct, and that I will follow some interesting news here !
Hi Arthur,

Welcome to the Attraction Source Forum :)

You’re very lucky to live so close to Europa Park, it’s high up on my list of parks to visit!
ROYJESS

Bienvenue sur le forum Arthur

Welcome to the forum
McLovin

Hi All,

Just joined the forum, I’m 39, married with 3 kids (age 8, 6 and 4). Used to love theme parks years ago, only had a couple of trips to uk parks in the last 10 years, my wife is not a fan of coasters and the kids were obviously too small. Oldest is now able to go on a few coasters and middle child is really keen although not quite 1.2m tall yet so can’t go on a lot of coasters.

Have joined the forum to get some advice on planning a few trips to uk and European parks over the next few years. I’ve never been to any parks outside the uk (apart from euro Disney years ago) but now keen to try them after seeing them on various YouTube vlogs over the lockdown period!

I’m not really what you would call an enthusiast, couldn’t tell you all the makes of each coaster etc, just love the experience of the parks and riding the coasters. As a middle aged man I’m probably outside the demographic for attending meet-ups etc, but would be interested in having a chat on here to get people’s opinions on planning trips / best parks to visit etc.

Cheers

Matt
Chris
Admin
Admin

Hi Matt and welcome!

The website and forum are good places to learn about the parks, so feel free to have a browse and ask any questions in the relevant topics - plenty of members and team are always happy to help.
ROYJESS

Welcome to the forum Matt
McLovin

Cheers guys - just hoping we see an end to the lockdown soon so I can get some dates in the diary for a trip!
Zach

McLovin wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:36 pm Hi All,

Just joined the forum, I’m 39, married with 3 kids (age 8, 6 and 4). Used to love theme parks years ago, only had a couple of trips to uk parks in the last 10 years, my wife is not a fan of coasters and the kids were obviously too small. Oldest is now able to go on a few coasters and middle child is really keen although not quite 1.2m tall yet so can’t go on a lot of coasters.

Have joined the forum to get some advice on planning a few trips to uk and European parks over the next few years. I’ve never been to any parks outside the uk (apart from euro Disney years ago) but now keen to try them after seeing them on various YouTube vlogs over the lockdown period!

I’m not really what you would call an enthusiast, couldn’t tell you all the makes of each coaster etc, just love the experience of the parks and riding the coasters. As a middle aged man I’m probably outside the demographic for attending meet-ups etc, but would be interested in having a chat on here to get people’s opinions on planning trips / best parks to visit etc.

Cheers

Matt
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the site! You’ve come to the right place for advice and learning about trips abroad. There is plenty of people on here with a wealth of experience about trips abroad, Europe and US (if you were feeling a bit more adventurous). Ask away I know people are a;ways keen to share advice.

With regards to the comment about meet-ups, I don’t think you are! Our events have people of all ages attending 0 to those 50/60+ you’re certainly never too old to have fun, you might be surprised. When we are back to normal you’d be more than welcome to join us. Check out the events page and section of the forum to see what it’s all about :)
HeidiCoaster

Hi! My name is Heidi, I'm 18 and I've recently joined the online community because of my love for Alton Towers! It's my home park and I love everything about it. Even though I'm fascinated by coasters and theme parks in general, I'm most excited to learn more about Towers and hopefully meet people who love it as much as me :)
ROYJESS

Welcome to the forum Heidi
AZ Explorer

Hi There I'm Alex and I have had a long time Special Interest In Theme Park Rides & Roller Coasters, that has in recent years branched out & expanded Into other Things Including Water Slides, Bungee Jumping, & Skiing/Snowboarding/Sledding. So far I have only really been to parks In the UK or the US.
ROYJESS

Welcome to the forum Alex
AZ Explorer

Nice to meet you ROJESS. Another thing that has inspired in the last couple of years is seeing other people interested/involved in theme parks on YouTube.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Welcome, Alex.
AZ Explorer

Hello Chris nice to meet you. I really enjoyed watching your groups video's on YouTube.
iamananya

Hi! I am Ananya Seth!

I am a travel blogger and love to explore new places. I love to share my travel journeys, plans, guides and experiences to encourage and help tourists to explore and take the best of the places into their memories!

I mostly write about Theme Parks and such, mostly those around Mumbai and Pune.
ROYJESS

Welcome to the forum Ananya
CraycrayforCoasters

Hiya, I'm Sofía, more widely known as CrayCray, i'm the crazy kid that rode inferno 569 times lol--
ROYJESS

Welcome to the forum Sofia