Which ride would you remove?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
amylovesaltontowers

I would completely do up the area where Air is (not FV, just the bit where Air is). I would do it how Alton first planned to. Eg, an oasis theme with small artificial lakes and artificial palm trees. I think that the area where Air is should be a huge contrastc from the are where Nemesis is. And i think that when you walk into the area where Air is, it should be obvious that you have walked into a completely different area, and at the moment i don't think it is obvious.
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'
jordi20012002

I would vote either Submission or Corkscrew...why?

Submission is very uncomfortable and needs to go very soon, yes it fits in with the whole X sector theme but a lot of people complain the ride isn't fun and it hurts

Corkscrew...yes its legendary, yes it is a piece of history to alton towers, but the point is, its old, its tatty and its not very fun to ride any more, maybe for the smaller ones yes...but I would like to see this replaced within the next couple of years
Corkscrewed

[quote=""shootthecore""]Or remove Air. There, I said it :P[/quote]

OH how dare you! :P

nah, Airs brilliant, it just needs its ttheming sorted out. Nope, I would remove Submission. Get a decent flat in that space! pfftt.... X Sector Deserves better. I'm gonna extend that actually to Enterprise too. it's done it's time, and now it's time to go. :D
tumtum

I think that submission should go because it is a very uncomfortable ride. Also dual should be the haunted house again.Ug Land should have a revamp.
[/b]
Chris-TT

Hmm, difficult one, thing it would have to be Nemesis, I’d replace it with Black Mamba
;) (j/k)

It would be Submission for me too, I preferred Energizer/Boneshaker, when it was in its place. I haven’t ridden Submission in about 6 years as I find it to be the worst and most painful flat ride ever invented. Just think how well they could have themed and refurbished Energizer, with the £2 million they would have saved by not putting in Submission!
Dunny#1

lol Can someone please explain Catcf or what ever it is, i am being so dense here!

And as for the ride, Im not sure. I like submision, i like the pain, but i really on't know what i want to be removed. The ride i dislike least is hex, i just hate it, b ut removing that is a waste of time nothgin can go in its place!
LiamSAFC

[quote=""Dunny#1""]lol Can someone please explain Catcf or what ever it is, i am being so dense here![/quote]

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. :D

Also, I reckon that UG Swinger and Submission should go. Perhaps a new family flat (or the coaster we dream) and a new Thrill flat.
altontowers1

If this was Draytonmanor there would be alot of things i would say get rid of!!!

But with Alton i cant think of any 8) should addin rides not taking away but i surpose if you take some you the gain space to build more hummm :)

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc
nemesis4lyf

Whats All This Talk About Submission Going :x Great Ride :)
Patrick

I'd get rid of Submission. It's a horrible painful ride, and even my friends at school think it's rubbish.

Corkscrew also needs to go because it's really rough and it's a waste of space where a decent coaster could go.
davidaiow

The only problem with submission is it is too slow. Speed it up and keep it the same length and it will be fine. Want to make it better, then make the improvments suggested in that X-Secotr reborn thread.

I would remove Enterprise and that is just boring.
stigzy

Rita - The Lack Of Speed. Quite simply because it doesn't deserve to be where it is! Its effortless, thoughtless, dull and boring! It’s not a ride which should be associated with Alton Towers!
Last edited by stigzy on Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Ripsaw - the rusting piece of junk needs to be removed.

Its over-rated, slow and just about makes it over the top.. To be honest I have been on far far far better travelling models.
Skumfidus

Swings for me, boring before Rita, now just painfully mundane, I'd rather staple a hedgehog to my ballsack and do Apocalypse stand up.
The chairs operated too close to Ritas supports
Get this for some crazy concept, check your safety envelopes before you build.....i dunno, just an idea.
AstroDan

I cannot choose, but whilst I do have a soft spot for most of the following rides - I would like to see them removed/relocated on the park:

Beastie
The truth is, Drayton Manor are now beating Alton Towers in the "kiddie coaster" stakes - with Troublesome Trucks. And as I have said before, there are a number of good coaster manufacturers, including Vekoma, Gerstlauer and Mack that can construct modern-day equivalents of Beastie. Look up the likes (on RCDB) of Troublesome Trucks at Drayton Manor, Pegasus at Europa-Park or even something as old as the Rhino at West Midlands Safari Park! All have better layouts and designs than Beastie. Beastie is past its best and is so old fashioned now that it has no place in the modern Alton Towers.

Ug Swinger
I am a fan of these kinds of rides, when they're working properly. And sadly, since 2006, this ride just hasn't been allowed to due to it's proximity to Rita. If it can't be moved elsewhere on the park, then I would be keen to scrap it entirely as it's a shadow of its former self and really is very dull now.

Corkscrew
It's simply past its best now. It fails to leave two thirds of the guests that ride it with anything more than dissapointment. The truth is, it was never that good a layout - not compared with Schwarzkopf's etc. in the 1980's. It is very ill-themed, doesn't offer much in the way of thrill (aside from the reasonable drop/corkscrews) and is the odd one out in terms of major rollercoasters at Alton Towers.

Blade
Can this not either be moved or replaced with a modern-day Intamin swinging ship? It seems to break down often now, failing to stop for example - and when it does work it is so tame and dull! It's taking up a valuable trench, which could be used for a modern flat ride.

Frog Hopper
It looks like something out of a cheap funfair. It may offer amusement to the kids, but a portable ride like this doesn't exactly set pulses racing in a visitor attraction of the calibre of Alton Towers.

:)
Mankey

Rita - Solely because its a launch coaster :lol: nah it just doesnt fit into the area, it sucks. Its launch for most isnt really that interesting, and its rough... but not the fun kinda rough!

And Submission which others have stated. I personally think it looks ugly too!

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
altontowers1

[quote=""stigzy""]Rita Quite simply because it doesn't deserve to be where it is! Its effortless, thoughtless, dull and boring! [/quote]

Dull and Boring you think the cars and the entrance is dull and boring and the nice red track and the fast track entrance and single rider entrance :?

It doesnt fit in but it sure isnt boring.

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc
AstroDan

[quote=""W*nkeyMankey""]Rita - Solely because its a launch coaster :lol: nah it just doesnt fit into the area, it sucks. Its launch for most isnt really that interesting, and its rough... but not the fun kinda rough![/quote]

If Rita was removed, it would be the worst thing Alton Towers could possibly do at the present time! Rita scores some of the best guest experience figures in the entire park. In addition, the launch certainly is interesting for most guests! Having worked on Rita, the impact of the ride for people is absolutely massive. The theme may be lacklustre, but the ride itself is very good and I certainly like the way it goes over the crowds. It isn't rough particularly either? OK, the restraints can hurt taller people on the first corner, and the most intense corner (by Corkscrew) can judder somewhat at the back, but it isn't rough.

Come 2010, I hope that Ug Land is overhauled and Rita given a new look.

:)
stigzy

Corkscrew doesn't need a theme... The structure and colour of the coaster looks like a big bunch of pile of prehistoric bones, or at least in my opinion it does anyway. It looked really good before that effortless & heartless thing was thoughtlessly stuck there which cast a shadow over old corkster! Corkscrew did and I believe it still would do to this day build up quite a queue if it wasn't hiding behind Rita - The Lack Of Speed.

Seriously, Rita needs to go! It is the worst planned out coaster at Alton Towers. To me it just looks like a Six Flags, of the shelve, car park coaster. Shoved and crammed into an area which it doesn't deserve to be in. The only good thing about Rita is the launch, but even that is severly lacking in the world of modern launch coasters today.
AstroDan

[quote=""stigzy""]
Seriously, Rita needs to go! It is the worst planned out coaster at Alton Towers. To me it just looks like a Six Flags, of the shelve, car park coaster. Shoved and crammed into an area which it doesn't deserve to be in. The only good thing about Rita is the launch, but even that is severly lacking in the world of modern launch coasters today.[/quote]

How exactly is it lacking? It's more powerful than Intamin Accelerators such as Kanonen, Skycar, Speed Monster and is the same as Superman: The Escape and Desert Race. It's also faster acceleration than Vekoma launched coasters such as Rock n Roller, Velocity etc.

Rita is one of the most popular rollercoasters at Alton Towers. Removing it is a stupid idea.