Ghost Stories of Alton Towers

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Braders2010

I love the haunted side to Alton Towers - it is what seperates it from other parks which have specifically been designed and built from scratch. I would like to know more about the gardens haunted activity though and would like to experience hauntings on HEX!
Altontowersbarlow

Braders2010 wrote:I love the haunted side to Alton Towers - it is what seperates it from other parks which have specifically been designed and built from scratch. I would like to know more about the gardens haunted activity though and would like to experience hauntings on HEX!
Hex is a very atmospheric ride and therefore can cause some rather unnerving pulses of emotion or unsettlement. The dark and gothic setting would be enough to scare any sensitive person especially in the evening/night at events such as Scarefest. I myself believe in ghosts and I would not be surprised if an energy manifests itself every now and again but I can also comprehend how the brilliant design of the ride can cause some strange feelings that could be misconstrued as ghosts :)
Garnetto

Our English teacher used to work at Nickelodeon and she old us that when they were installing Hex, the lights in the octagon room fell and smashed in the middle of the night... CCTV showed that no one was in there... :yikes: :nervious:
Happy 20th Birthday to Nemmy and 1st Birthday to The Smiler!
Credit to Lewis97 for my AWESOME signature!
Luviico

I love all things paranormal and I wouldn't be at all surprised if some mysterious things lurk at AT. There's the old towers, the old grounds and gardens and of course the legend of the chained oak! Plenty of history to back up claims of experiences. Can you imagine walking through some of the forgotten areas of the gardens at night? :nervious:
Dr.Kelham

Luviico wrote:I love all things paranormal and I wouldn't be at all surprised if some mysterious things lurk at AT. There's the old towers, the old grounds and gardens and of course the legend of the chained oak! Plenty of history to back up claims of experiences. Can you imagine walking through some of the forgotten areas of the gardens at night? :nervious:
Eurgh shivers down my spine, the number of times I say to my self I would love to do a ghost hint at AT I keep backing out - and the gardens at night alone yup :nervous: very nervous
With thanks to lewis97 :)
Luviico

Dr.Kelham wrote:
Luviico wrote:I love all things paranormal and I wouldn't be at all surprised if some mysterious things lurk at AT. There's the old towers, the old grounds and gardens and of course the legend of the chained oak! Plenty of history to back up claims of experiences. Can you imagine walking through some of the forgotten areas of the gardens at night? :nervious:
Eurgh shivers down my spine, the number of times I say to my self I would love to do a ghost hint at AT I keep backing out - and the gardens at night alone yup :nervous: very nervous
Oh I love the idea of it, it's just whether I would be brave enough, the slightest thing would probably make me run off :lol TT should have a ghost hunting meet!!
Jamie

I've had a few scary things happen at Alton Towers, but the strangest one happened to me and my mum.
Oblivion had broken down and was testing (empty). When we looked at the ride at the top, it was full of people and we both said "I thought it was testing!"
However, when we looked again it was indeed empty.
KatangaZebra

Last time I went to ATR the sky ride wasn't open until 4pm and we needed to get to Dark Forest so my parents made me and my sister walk with them through the gardens with them. Me being an enthusisast told my sister these stories prior to the trip to ATR. Therefore me and my sister made our parents and us run to Dark Forest while the two of us were crying. That was only at the end of May by the way :(
Alton13Nemesis

Never had an experience myself, but its interesting that people on here claim to have been whispered the "C" word in Hex, that apparently is a well recorded phonomenon
Altonboy001

Alton13Nemesis wrote:Never had an experience myself, but its interesting that people on here claim to have been whispered the "C" word in Hex, that apparently is a well recorded phonomenon
that got whispered to somebody on most haunted, watch here, really good somebody gets attacked by a harmful poltageist.
Alton13Nemesis

Yeah, i have that most haunted episode on DVD, good episode.
TheBeast

Is this legit?
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Altontowersbarlow

TheBeast wrote:Is this legit?
If you are talking about Most Haunted, the television show has been subjected to much controversy to the point of the team dispersing. The investigations were certainly affected by team members fabricating evidence however Most Haunted did have some credibility. The Most Haunted Team have now decided to re-group and create a new series of the popular paranormal programme which started last week.
Last edited by Altontowersbarlow on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBeast

No, I mean aee the towers haunted, or is this.a couple of people spreading rumours?
No offense to anyone who started this forum
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Count-Vonduel

2 years ago I was walking around the Towers when I saw what looked like one of the cloaked vampires from TotT, Thinking it was an actor I followed it only to find that it had vanished...Then I realized that it was mid summer and not Scarefest.

It still creeps me out to this day :yikes:
Braders2010

The towers are indeed one of my favourite places on the park. They are so mysterious and very much so unexplainable. One of the places I find quite spooky is if you are in garden part inside the towers grounds, continue walking up over the archway where guests would exit hex or for scarefest enter for the scaremazes, and you will come to this big patch of grass. There are a few gothic features there but the one that scares me is at the front of the towers. There is like a doorway with some steps going down into some overgrown weeds. I took a few steps down there and I was petrified to go any further. I picked up on some kind of presence of being trapped down there and I would never do it again. Whilst up there, you can see the gateway to the archway that you walk through to get to hex, DF & CCL. I don't know why that is fenced off and locked but I really really want to go in there as it looks interesting yet absolutely terrifying. Also if you take a look in fountain square up to the trees opposite hex's entrance there is a mysterious round tower building. Does anybody know what is up there as that is incredibly spooky looking and I do believe that there is some ghost/paranormal activity up there.
lucozade

When I was on the haunted house, there was smoke and we all had to get off and walk out, the lights didn't come on and I was pretty freaked out when a man came and took us out of the car in a real rush and we had to walk through the screaming heads... Areeeeeau (hate those things)

I saw a little girl in the towers window dressed in a white lace dress, she was about 12. BUT when I got closer and pointed her out she disappeared which was odd, as the room she was standing in had no floors :yikes: I told my dad at the time who justified it by telling me AT had put her in there as an attraction.

I know the towers were once used as army barracks. But I don't know of any little girls.

I'd like to point out I don't believe in ghosts and I genuinly thought I saw somebody in the room that looks like a church right up on the 2nd/3rd floor. I was pointing her out to my dad as I always had wanted to go inside the house and I was showing him people were allowed in (maybe only if your dead)!
Last edited by Michelle on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove mulitple posts, please avoid this where possible and PM a member of the team to merge the posts if you are unable to do so yourself, Thanks! ~ Michelle
KatangaZebra

:nervious: Not so much of a paranormal experience, but went on 10th October with school. I was going to go on hex with two other girls but as we were about to go through the entrance to the ride, the wind suddenly started going crazy and we were all shivering. We all felt a bit uneasy for some reason so we stayed away from the towers and the gardens for the rest of the day.
Momoffour

Wish I hadn't read the above story's before the sleepover tomorrow night :-/
Aidan Lowe

Momoffour wrote:Wish I hadn't read the above story's before the sleepover tomorrow night :-/
You should watch the Most Haunted episode filmed inside the towers before you go tomorrow: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc