Ghost Stories of Alton Towers

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Squiggles

Suspect Activities... in the Gardens... freaking out members of the public... with Dave? I'm saying nothing! :wink:
Edwardo..... move me!
Invie

Oohhh, ooh, i'm dragging this back up!

I've had stones thrown at me in Hex when I stood near the back, now I try and take care to stand near the front..
Erm, when I was there a few weeks ago I was sat by the towers having a fag, looked up and there was a large thing - best way to describe it, really! haha - looking down at me. D; Needless to say, I ran like buggery, regardless of smoking area or no smoking area!
neontrix

[quote=""Corkscrewed""]which C word would that be?

yeah that octagon room sure is scary, my friend got right spooked in their last year... no idea why though...[/quote]

Yeah when we go on hex the octagon room makes my fell uneasy and as if there is somone in the coner.
Im uselly at yhe front of the group and hate goning in first :(

Yeikes! to the picture :yikes:
"We are entertainers. The fact we use concrete and steel to do our entertaining, as apposed to a piece of Shakespearean text or whatever, is... is immaterial" - John Wardley, 1997
Jelka

I always feel a bit uneasy when walking past the towers from X-Sector. Can't say anything has ever defintaly happened to me but I think I saw a shadow in a window or something like that but I do remember a dark blurred figure. Scary. 8-[ I am definalty a ferm beliver in ghosts and paranormal activity.
Don\'t just wish upon a star, reach for one...
Formerly known as \'towersmagic\'
Lorenashley

'' im now a firm believe that there are spirits in the gardens, particulaly the hound. and that poor young girl in the conservetory''

Can anyone tell me more about the girl in the conservatory?
AmayaAiYutaka

I visited Alton Towers in April and went into the towers. I was walking down some steps when something made a cracking noise. So I turned around and looked for the source. My boyfriend was behind me but he had nothing to make the noise with. So I started walking out and it felt as if someone had grabbed my leg (around my knee). Over the day it started to hurt more. When I got home I took off my jeans and had a look. There were three small indents in the back of my knee. It looked like something had tried to dig there nails into my skin. I can't think of anything that could have done it...

I also witnessed something breathing down the back of my neck on Hex when there was no one behind me. My camera wouldn't work in a certain part of the castle although it worked fine everywhere else. There were childrens voices in the conservatory thing outside Hex as well.

I have more but they aren't really exciting... :|
From 3rd May 2010

Next Trip- 21st June 2015
StaceyMacG

Whern I was there two years ago we were in the que for hex and i got a pebel chucked at my leg and when I went home i looked at a website and it said that many people who have qued for hex have reported having objects chucked at them :shock:
JoshM

Yes, we where in the octagon room and had small stones being thrown at us. about five other people got hit by the stones that day.

Last time I went on Hex the staff have a CCTV camera in every room, I wonder if the Hex staff have ever seen anything, when I go to the towers next week I'll be sure to ask.
QTXAdsy

When I was queuing for Hex, I felt a slight pinch on the back of my leg, but I don't recall any stones getting chucked over the place. :?
Dormiens-Dave

I have had the odd unusual signting in the towers but nothing more than what can be put down to my mad old brain, though i am quite perceptive to moods and i always feel fine in the towers, except for the staircase that goes out of the banqueting hall down into the basement. and everything upto the "oven" themeing from TOTT

The Gardens though ni agree with dave, the whole conservatory area feels negative, including the bear cave and around the main drive.
tamtam86

If anybody is seriously interested in this sort of thing, I can definitely recommend Haunted Happenings ghost hunt at the Towers. I went on it a couple of months ago and am doing it again on August 13th. It really is quite an experience.

We were in the kitchens downstairs and there was definitely a figure in the doorway whilst we were doing a seance and my fiance also fely something brush across the back of his neck. A number of people experienced things down there. Apparantly the spirit of a man named Jack is supposed to reside down there aswell as a servant girl named Violet.

Also, in the hallway outside of the Banqueting Hall a stone was thrown at the wall where we were stood and the door (which was used for TOTT last year) opens and closes on demand.
john wardley no.1

the scare actors working in the towers after all the guests had gone heared loud bangs and the lights wouldent come on.. thats what i heared from one of the staff 2 years ago and thats why he would never work in the towers
Invie

I still loving reading these.. And I wanna know more about the gardens! :(
AmayaAiYutaka

Another Hex conservatory story :)

I went with some friends and when we got out of Hex me and my boyfriend went into the conservatory and knocked on the black boarded up door then we stepped outside and there was a knock on the door. There was no one on the other side because we could see through the window. Then me and a friend went back in and knocked on the door. When we stepped ouside there was a knock back.
Everytime I go to Towers I knock on the door but this is the only time I've gotten a knock back :D
From 3rd May 2010

Next Trip- 21st June 2015
Terra

Scarefest 2009;; Me and 4 friends were walking through the haunted walk bit, y'know the path that connects Gloomy Wood and the area around the flume. Well, there is/was (i don't know if they are still there) a row of small bushes along the right. Being by ourselves, and with the smoke machines making the mist covering the floor, we were pretty creeped as it is. It especially doesn't help that we had been on TOTT directly before.

We were walking, and me and another friend got a chill (along our spines). I even turned around to see if one of them was pissing about, but no. Nobody was behind me. Then a rock hit my other friends shoe. It was like when you skim rocks along the water, expect it was along the path floor. The rock didn't travel through the air at all, and looked like it had been dragged from in front of us (we saw it flying towards her foot). Thankfully it wasn't that big, but it did leave a bruise on the right side of her right foot.

Then we sorta sped up our pace xP Being scared by now. These bushes that were along the row suddenly began to blow as if there was wind, but there wasn't any. And it then went still, and we emerged into gloomy wood, to then be chased by the guy who wears the black hooded cape. To say, I wasn't very impressed xD

That's the only thing odd that has happened to me and friends at the towers. I have never been on Hex before (distracted by Rita, then forgot to go back), but this monday i'll definitely go in a and take a look. I want rocks thrown at me! ;D XD

- Lewis
DiogoJ42

Well, it's just that you are confusing a stone rolling along the ground with a spectral projectile.
Plus, I find it rather hard to take anything like this seriously. The Haunted Hollow is, as it's name implies, an attraction designed to be spooky. But that's all it is. fake spookery. At least the stories of 'ghosts' in The Towers are plausible... Unless we're talking about Most Haunted holding a seance in the octagon, and thinking the beggar woman is real. :chuckel:

EDIT: deleting posts, are we?
Terra

Yeah, it sounds stupid. I admit that, but i'm telling you what I experienced. Whether you believe it or not is completely up to you, Diogo. It doesn't really bother me if you believe it or if you don't. It's no big deal. I know it is 'fake spookery', I may be 15 but i'm not a complete idiot. Yes, it is most probably just coincidence and us being completely freaked out, especially after coming out of TOTT (Which absolutely terrified me! :lol: ), but i'm just posting what I observed. Even I find it hard to believe it was 'ghosts' or 'spectres' (or whatever you called it), but I did find it a bit rattling. Hah.

I didn't delete any of my posts. I'm guessing it's a mod/admin or whatever.
DiogoJ42

It was not my intention to be offensive. I just feel a little logic needs to be applied to these situations.

(It had to have been a team member that did the deleting, as we don't have that power. That wasn't directed at you, Terra)
Terra

It's cool, Diogo. I wasn't offended in the least, (: It's no big deal. I know, there's no logic there and was perhaps just us being freaked and coincidence. But I have to say, pretty frickin freaky, especially wqhen the gloomy wood dude started chasing after us straight afterwards :|

Oh, sorry.. I didn't know it wasn't aimed at me.
DiogoJ42

Maybe I should keep my skepticism out of this topic... Especially given some of the other - arguably more crazy - theories I believe in. :lol:

No hard feelings?