Cred Street McDonalds Memories

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Altonator

Heres a few pics for all you people who are missing the great theming in Cred Street Macdonlds :)
shame some of it couldn't of been kept.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29479646@N00/2344410984/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29479646@N ... otostream/

If you wish to use the pics on TowersTimes let me know :)
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
Kelly

Oh how I miss its quirkyness. :( The vibrant colours, the wacky seating, alas no more. :( What fun it was to enjoy a chicken nugget or two, while seating in a pink car, pretending to be able to drive it, while being surrounded by odd noises. :(

Love the pictures, highlights what has been lost to the generic evil Burger King. :P
HAJiME

I was hoping that the BK would have the themeing most BK's have, which would tie in with Rita! But not even that...

I miss free Ketchup, too. :(
amylovesaltontowers

I take it the 'beep beep, hey hey' sound has gone aswell??

It was sooooooooo anoying, but funny. :)
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'
Corkscrewed

R.I.P fab theming...I do wish AT had taken the choice of keep in this stuff (As well of McDonalds) but I guess it wasn't to be... I hate BK, I'm gonna visit mexican cantina from now on when i visit, Although, I am pretty biased towards McD, considering I work for them... Yes, I admit it, I work for one of the greatest Fast Food chains in the world, and I'm not ashamed...

Edited to meet the high (?) standards I have these days.
Last edited by Corkscrewed on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
altontowers1

I think the maccys atractive-ness :) , if the reason why we went and ate there.

However my recent visit the BK did not atract us what so ever gosh you would of thought they would of atleast tryed to theme aswell as the old maccys or atleast somewere close :) .

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc
oldgitBEN

I miss the bad service, rude staff and slow queues.

its a shame the theming hasnt stayed but im quite glad its gone to burger king.
Chris1

I think the problem with the old Cred St. maccies was that the theming always looked a bit grubby, and these past seasons, dated aswell...

Personally, i'm not a big fan of having excessive, bright theming in restaurants (For the reasons above) and feel a more subtle approach, ala the new BK, should be taken....

:)
emma23

i cant believe this! just checked the food guide and realised all the mcdonalds are now burger kings! i hate burger kings =( will have to eat alton towers food now!
Ant

HONK! HONK! blleererhhhuuuuu!!

RIP :cry: !
likemike

The CredStreet McDonalds was great I went there with the Boyds and Lawless family and it was after when I filmed the last ride of Toyland Tours and when we was in there. I used to remember that strange Ice Cream van music that played as you were eating your McDonalds and I kept hearing it over and over again it was pretty annoying and fustrating for me because i was trying to eat my food.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
MichaelBoyd
CoasterCrazyChris

Not a fan of most common Mcd's, but this one looked something special! Along with the old Toyland Tours and the now long since gone Nick: Outta Control fun house, at the time Cred St. was probably one of AT's best areas. Now look at it.......on the brink of retheme. :(
notts nat

have you noticed how the new bk isnt as busy as the old mac donalds was ?
Anonymous

how comes mcdonalds is no longer at alton towers?

i didnt know they was getting rid of mcdonalds and replacing them with burger king =( till i visited not long ago and tried finding a mcdonalds and there was none in site
Corkscrewed

They left at the end of last season as there 10 year contract had expired, and Alton wasn't willing to give them another one of the same length.

:D
Big Dave

Beep beep....Yahoooooooooooooo!
Jon

Grr.... It as a very silly decision to makes burger king that boring compared to it's predecessdor. I have memories of eating under one of the trees outside they Mcdonalds while listening to the "brrr brrr yummyyyy" sound over and over with the Corkscrew whit in the background. Pure Alton Towers nostalgia now,
Formerly "Dagoo"
michael.boyd

Did anyone find any of the sounds irritating back then?
Piplup2003

I never actually went in there myself but my parents tell me that it use to irritate them after a while.
This is a local signature for local people, there's nothing for you here.