The Merlin Annual Pass

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Anonymous

[quote=""Islander""][quote=""Dean""]
Restrictions apply to Standard Merlin Annual Pass including, but not being limited to,:
12.1 NO entry into Madame Tussauds (London), The London Eye, SEA LIFE London Aquarium and London Dungeon during the whole of August;
12.2 NO entry into Thorpe Park on Fright Night dates;
12.3 NO entry to the London Eye on 14 February, 30 October and 31 October; and
12.4 NO entry to the London Dungeon on 30 October and 31 October
[/quote]
No entry to London attractions at all during August? That's utter pants - restricting it to after 16:00 only was somewhat fair, but this? :x[/quote]
Get the no restrictions AP then? :P
Craig

I don't think that's the point he's getting at though. People pay good money and are sold a pass on the premise its unlimited entry. We had only a few restrictions a few years back and now they seem to be piling them on :(.

I'm betting for more restrictions after next year then an eventual phasing out of the cheaper pass.
AstroDan

I think that it is fundamentally a smack in the face, AGAIN, to customer loyalty. Customers who spend £100 on a pass but 5 x that amount on hote stays, merchandise, food and drink...

What a load of rubbish. If I didn't have Clubcard I would be buying a Alton AP next season.
Vik

[quote=""BrettS""]
Get the no restrictions AP then? :P[/quote]

Second what Craig and Dan say about this.

Again it comes down to that you buy a pass that was once advertised as unlimited, yet they want you to pay even more money to get one that is properly unlimited.

The restrictions for August visits to London attractions are there for a reason. Very limited capacity at these attractions. Yet all of a sudden its ok to come along if you have more money to give them. But if you haven't then you're not welcome full stop any more. :evil:

What a fantastic way to reward customer loyalty. Try and screw more money out of them, and we don't want to know you if wont give us any. :P

I wont be getting one. I'm fairly certain I will have no interest in visiting any of the London attractions in August, and I wont be going within a whisker of Thorpe Park at fright nights,

Will I get a standard pass which isn't really unlimited anymore? Possibly, but thats only so I can visit Chessy & Thorpe at least once each. That depends on the renewal price and what other restrictions they feel like adding on during the next couple of months.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Rob L

Well I now have a Merlin Pass for next season, but that's only because of T£sco vouchers. I'm not a fan of the two tiered system, as the standard pass, which you'd imagine most people would get, does not give unlimited entry, so they better not go advertising it saying that it does.

I don't really think it's fair for Merlin to say that if you want to go to any London attractions in August, you need to give us more money, and this premium pass will probably end up being a silly price anyway. I also doubt that the standard pass will be cheaper than the current Merlin Pass. I hope this doesn't work out well for Merlin, so they can see that it's a poor thing to do, but even if that does happen and they re-introduce just one pass for all, it will end up being more expensive than it ever has been.

Colossus

Anyone noticed that on the Annual Pass website that the word "Unlimited" has now vanished.

Maybe we should all not mention Clubcard vouchers, as greedy Merlin may see this and come up with a special pass just for Clubcard holders. In fact maybe they should and everytime you go on a ride, you get a clubcard point ! :lol:

Sorry ! Seriously though, I personally have never liked Merlin. I have given them the benefit of the doubt for a couple of years, but everything about them is trying to get money off you. Everything seems to be pay, pay, pay. And what do we get in return? Well the list of benefits is getting smaller and smaller, no entry to Thorpes Fright Nights (my theory is that TP's Fright Nights are only going to be Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays during October) and then all the parks are getting the same attractions. I mean Heide Park is getting a Pirate themed area with... wait for it a Splash Battle. Legoland is getting a... wait for it... Pirate Themed area for next year. Who's betting that in 2011 they get a Splash battle as well.

Will I still get a MAP? Probably... but it will on depend on the restrictions / pricing etc.

Happy times ahead ! Not ! :lol:
Chris W

My Pass is still valid until May, so I have a few months to get around the Merlin attractions before it runs out.
After that I will be downgrading to the Alton Towers Annual Pass, the Merlin pass is getting too expensive anyway.
Dean

Entry is subject to attraction operating calendars. Standard pass exclusions include: No entry during the month of August at London Eye, Madame Tussauds London, London Dungeon and SEA LIFE London Aquarium. No entry during Fright Nights at THORPE PARK. No entry on 14th February at the London Eye. No entry on 30th and 31st November at the London Eye and The London Dungeon.
Here's the revised yet again footnote for the exclusions anyone notice the typeo?
Islander

[quote=""Dean""]
Entry is subject to attraction operating calendars. Standard pass exclusions include: No entry during the month of August at London Eye, Madame Tussauds London, London Dungeon and SEA LIFE London Aquarium. No entry during Fright Nights at THORPE PARK. No entry on 14th February at the London Eye. No entry on 30th and 31st November at the London Eye and The London Dungeon.
Here's the revised yet again footnote for the exclusions anyone notice the typeo?[/quote]
Hmm, the London Eye was off limits at the end of October before... might not be a typo here, might have been a typo previously. Either way, it doesn't add up.

Oh, and BrettS: congrats, you missed the point entirely ;). Others have explained well, though.
Rob L

I think the typo is that the 31st November doesn't exist! :P

Islander

[quote=""Rob""]I think the typo is that the 31st November doesn't exist! :P[/quote]
Doh, missed that! Well, with that in mind, I really think they have every right to deny entry to their attractions on non-existent dates, and I will fully support them in this matter :lol:
Dormiens-Dave

I demand to be allowed to go on the London eye on the 31st of November, if not i will complain to the highest level. :roll:
FallenAbyss

I've just ordered my Clubcard Voucher for next year even though I don't renew till Feb just incase Merlin decide to revoke the scheme ... i'm hoping that they'll let us pay an upgrade fee and if it's not too much we'll pay it.

The Restrictions don't really affect us too much apart from visiting Fright Nights which I'm hoping will only be a small fee to annual pass holders ... but I guess we'll see in time.
Dean

[quote=""Rob""]I think the typo is that the 31st November doesn't exist! :P[/quote]

Still wrong on the London Eye website 31st November... :P
FallenAbyss

Just got through next years token from a certain clubcard it states clearly that it's for a individual Standard pass ... no option of upgrade at this point either ... shame although that may once they reveal all on the Full Pass option ... although TBF i'm only really bothered about not getting into Fright Nights ...
Anonymous

I'll be getting my new annual pass in February.

Hopefully I'll be able to purchase a no restrictions by then, i would have thought! :)
iloveshauni

Just picked up an annual pass gift voucher on ebay for £65... Bargain!

I do think these restrictions are coming into play due to the ease of getting an annual pass nowadays. I mean 4-5 years ago, only the minority of people had an annual pass and now i know quite alot who have, due to the fact that the clubcard gives you money off vouchers or a free pass altogether.

I just hope merlin aren't stupid enough to add Scarefest restrictions or up the prices because i think they would just stop selling altogether especially with all the half price admission vouchers kicking about nowadays!
Dean

Not renewed your Merlin Pass for 2010 yet?

Merlin Annual Passes 50% off on the LegoLand website... ONLY £75
geraintl

if i renew online via the legoland website do i have to collect from legoland?
Dean

[quote=""geraintl""]if i renew online via the legoland website do i have to collect from legoland?[/quote]

Yes you will need to visit LegoLand to collect your pass...