The Merlin Annual Pass

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Dan

The Merlin Annual Pass Facebook page has this morning announced that the Annual Pass sale will begin on 1st January 2018.
Passholders, are you ready for the super Merlin Annual Pass SALE! Starting January 1st, you wouldn’t want to miss this!

What sort of prices are you hoping for in the upcoming sale?
DavidRock

I am expecting a slight rise in renewal price as Merlin did mention in November that the Premium was going up by £10. Just checked and don't have enough Tesco Clubcard Points this year for the MAP.

Still will be checking the renewal price as I've had a pass since 2000 when Tussards launched them...... Oh the days of the old passes a d the booklet of vouchers.
Muppet738

Here a link from the email I got send with the prices on it.
https://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/big- ... an_Sale_1v#
p810252

Sale renewal price 159 for single Premium atm. I just wondered if i get the renewal now how long do I get till I collect and start it as my pass doesn’t run out until the end of April.
Justin

I'm in the same situation with my AP expiring at the same time as yours. I believe it is 6 month from the time of purchase. :)
p810252

i checked the small print :)
Rhezz

Does anybody know when the sale ends?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Rhezz wrote:Does anybody know when the sale ends?
Midnight on February 12th.
Adz
Admin
Admin

In the past they have allowed those with renewals not yet due to buy and not ‘redeem’ the renewal until necessary (up to a year) so it’s definitely worth giving them a call and asking about that. I think they basically just add the months to the new pass.
Gavinr

I've never had a problem purchasing the card during the sale and then picking up at Thorpe Park and getting them to set the expiry date to a year after the expiry date of the current card. They actually got it wrong on my last card but I just asked them to change it and they printed out a new one. My current card expires middle of May.
Dan

The Merlin Annual Pass team have confirmed that this year's passholder pre-season days will be held on Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th March at Chessington World of Adventures Resort, and Sunday 18th March at THORPE PARK Official.

Will you be attending one of the pre-season days?

Morgan

I'll probably do the Chessington event so I can get my pass renewed! Interesting date for Thorpe however, considering that Wicker Man would/might have just opened so a lot of pass holders would be there instead?
Dom

Yeah i'm confused by the Thorpe Park date too. It would make more sense to put it on the 11th.
Dan

I believe the selected dates for the pre-season days have been chosen in correlation with the opening dates of the parks, as they are both within a week of the main season starting.
mol7030

Hi guys, I don’t suppose anyone has any discount vouchers for Merlin Annual Pases they could spare please? I know employees used to get some 50% off vouchers they could share with friends for example.
Cheers!
Emma8037

Hi newbie here! Just a quick question does anybody know about the Merlin premium passes my friend has got 1 and we’re planning a visit this Saturday the day of opening she said she’s entitled to 4 tickets at £15 each does anybody know about this we have rang towers and they say it’s right her pass is valid till April this year any thoughts thanks Emma
Dan

Emma8037 wrote:Hi newbie here! Just a quick question does anybody know about the Merlin premium passes my friend has got 1 and we’re planning a visit this Saturday the day of opening she said she’s entitled to 4 tickets at £15 each does anybody know about this we have rang towers and they say it’s right her pass is valid till April this year any thoughts thanks Emma
Hi Emma, welcome to TTSP :)

All information on the Merlin Annual Pass and its passholder perks can be found here.
Emma8037

Hi thanks but just been on Merlin and only states for annual pass holders and they get 50% off. The pass my friend as is a premium pass she rang them up and told her £15 a ticket for 4 each that is and told her go to the ticket office on the day? Now on Merlin website it says for annual holders must be purchased at least 24 hours b4 going! Now I’m getting really confused as we don’t want to get there and have pay £55 on gate price! Any info would be great getting stressed out! I’m worried about the weather to fingers crossed they got it wrong again! Thanks
Dan

Emma8037 wrote:Hi thanks but just been on Merlin and only states for annual pass holders and they get 50% off. The pass my friend as is a premium pass she rang them up and told her £15 a ticket for 4 each that is and told her go to the ticket office on the day? Now on Merlin website it says for annual holders must be purchased at least 24 hours b4 going! Now I’m getting really confused as we don’t want to get there and have pay £55 on gate price! Any info would be great getting stressed out! I’m worried about the weather to fingers crossed they got it wrong again! Thanks
Ah, she must be referring to the Share The Fun vouchers. They have to be presented at the ticket office on the day of your visit, and the passholder has to be present. I've attached the T&C's from the Merlin website here:
18.             Each Premium Merlin Annual Passholder will receive with their Premium Merlin Annual Pass three Share The Fun vouchers ("Share The Fun Voucher") which can be used for entry at any of the Attractions. Share The Fun Vouchers are subject to availability, a maximum of three Share The Fun vouchers can be used to gain discounted entry per Merlin Annual Pass. Share The Fun Vouchers are valid for use only during the lifetime of the Merlin Annual Pass they are issued with.  For the avoidance of doubt, this means that the Share the Fun Vouchers must be used within one year from the date of purchase of the relevant Merlin Annual Pass. Share The Fun Vouchers are valid for Standard entry only, do not include additional attractions such as (but not limited to) the Castle Dungeon at Warwick Castle, The Blackpool Tower Eye & The Blackpool Tower Circus between 6th October and 4th November 2018, The Blackpool Tower Dungeon between 27th and 31st October 2018 and cannot be used during special events such as (but not limited to) concerts and firework events at Alton Towers Resort. A Share The Fun voucher can only be used by the named Premium Merlin Annual Passholder and is non-transferable and cannot be sold, loaned or given away to or used by a third party.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Your friend should have got 3 Share The Fun vouchers in the Privilege Pack that comes with the Premium Merlin Annual Pass, so, provided she hasn't already used these, you follow what Dan has said above.

The 50% discount you mention is the Friends & Family discount, with such tickets having to be booked in advance and then collected on-the-day. You can book this by following the link to book a normal ticket on the Resort's website, then clicking 'Menu' in the top-left corner of the window that pops-up, and then entering 'MAPFF' in the 'Enter Promotional Code' field.