Scarefest 2008

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Wes

[quote=""Quickey""]^ Hopefully that means it is going to have a higher capacity than last year. :)[/quote]

Thats the idea.

Two Mazes in one!
Sanbrooke Productions

[quote=""Vik""]Thats good to hear, was starting to wonder if and when the cornfield was going to be planted. (sure it was planted earleir last year??)

Last years Field of 1000 screams was great, the after 9pm version anyway, hopefully this years can improve on that.[/quote]

It was planted in February in 2007, they are abit late on planting it this year and more work will be involved to get it ready. Hopefully the capacity issues will be sorted out this year on all of the 3 mazes. :)
Ash

Fantastic, im glad there really putting thought and wheels in motion into this so it can replace Fireworks and hopefully be even more popular!
Mankey

I PROMISE you guys i'll be there this year as i really missed out last year! :(

Sounds amazing from what i heard, with Saz wetting my appetite on the Hulaballoo meet telling me about "Field Of 1000 Screams" at 1:30 in the morning when we walked over there...

I havent been told much about the mazes... any good?

Omg... it sounds so good, i wanna gooo and i am gonna try my hardest!

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Big Dave

Would love to see some fireworks, even if it was just a very small affair. They could keep the Halloween theme but include a short firework and laser show into it. Never will happen though so might not bother.
trav

Quick question, how does Scarefest compare to Fright Nights at Thorpe?
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

[quote=""trav""]Quick question, how does Scarefest compare to Fright Nights at Thorpe?[/quote]

From what I can gather not very well Thorpe seem to excel in this area with 5 mazes, lighting their rides beautifully and changing the ride music for a more creepy feel.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
AstroDan

I didn't do FN2007 but have done it before. I would say Alton's mazes were more dramatic and choreographed, but Thorpe have honed their event well.

Alton can learn from Thorpe, but that doesn't mean I think the event at Towers is any worse. Indeed TOTT and FO1000S are better in my view than the mazes I have done at Thorpe - not as scary as such, but much more dramatic and story based.
neon

i agree, bring back some fireworks, or even move/expand the laser show from last year over the lake.
Corkscrewed

I liked scarefest last year - The park just felt creepy. Heh it didn't help me and my mate got lost in the woods... :P

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what they do this year.
PeteB

[quote=""neon""]i agree, bring back some fireworks, or even move/expand the laser show from last year over the lake.[/quote]

In the promotional material i remember it said "lakeside laser show". I cannot imagine why they moved it into the towers yard as the lakeside is the best place to put it and they've always had the fireworks there.

Unless it had something to do with noise from the PA carrying over to the park entrance, where the ropers used to live. Your guess is as good as mine.
Sanbrooke Productions

A great video on YouTube which was filmed inside last year's Fieald of a 1000 screams. To view it click here http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JhNcbgZU2BY :D Not filmed by Sanbrooke Productions.
Jon

Woah...trippy. I like it! Didn't realise the mazes were so intense, or did that video just hype it up?
Formerly "Dagoo"
Chris1

Watching that video made me remember just how good Field Of A 1000 Screams really was....

I wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near as good as that; twas nearly as good as the Terror Of The Towers....

Can't wait for this years event...

:)
Wes

Amazing.

Truely loved the field more than any other attraction in the park last year!
Vanessa Feltz

Never done scarefest before, As i'm such a scaredy cat, but that gave me a good idea of what it may be like, Definetley doing it this year!
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
Charlotte

That looks amazing, and very frightening! I'd love to give that a go but i'd probebly just be screaming the whole way through. :lol:
AstroDan

I remember how I (and everyone else) felt prior to doing the Field for the first time - terrified! And I remember when we all sprinted out of the final scene - terrified! It was truly fantastic. Whilst not as "re-ridable" as Terror of the Towers as such (well, not until the final go of the final night), it was a brilliant maze and that video doesn't even do it all justice. There was great use of music at points, and the story was very good indeed.

Have they planted it for 2008 then?

WAIIIIIT!
PeteB

[quote=""AstroDan.""]
Have they planted it for 2008 then?[/quote]

Yes, and its a hell of alot bigger.. So I've been told.
Sanbrooke Productions

[quote=""PeteB""][quote=""AstroDan.""]
Have they planted it for 2008 then?[/quote]

Yes, and its a hell of alot bigger.. So I've been told.[/quote]

They haven't actully planted it they have just cleared the ground. But yes it's alot bigger than 2007. A view of the this years field can be seen in episode 15. :D