Scarefest 2008

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Big Dave

[quote=""Titler""]Wouldnt it be cool if each area was based around a film...

Forbidden Valley = Predator
Ug Land = Texas Chainsaw Massacre?
Gloomy Wood = Ghostbusters?
X Sector = Alien

Just a thought....[/quote]

Tbh Id find that really boring and a bit naff. One thing that makes Terror of the towers good is it links the parks history into the attraction. I think they need to be more imaginative than just nicking ideas from films.
mcivkev

well for 2008 halloween events me and my mates (15 of us) are heading back to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights in orlando, we did Alton Towers Scarefest last year and didn't find it brilliant to say the least, the event was just a tad tame for our liking, We did Halloween Horror Nights in 2006 in Orlando and it was brilliant and the event is 18 years old this year so expect it to be a HUGE event.

i just wish the UK's theme park would take a leaf out of the americans books and try some of the stuff they do cos we cant fault it.
FDS Website & Media Design
Big Dave

1 massive problem though, no UK themepark has the same budget has the big American parks, so you will never see that type of event here in the UK.
Moley

[quote=""mcivkev""]well for 2008 halloween events me and my mates (15 of us) are heading back to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights in orlando, we did Alton Towers Scarefest last year and didn't find it brilliant to say the least, the event was just a tad tame for our liking, We did Halloween Horror Nights in 2006 in Orlando and it was brilliant and the event is 18 years old this year so expect it to be a HUGE event.

i just wish the UK's theme park would take a leaf out of the americans books and try some of the stuff they do cos we cant fault it.[/quote]

Halloween Horror Nights raise the bar every year. Always an unbelievable event.

Couldnt get to Scarefest last year, so can't really make judgement, though my mates who went said it was very good so hopefully I'll get a chance this year.
flange

Is this the new Scarefest logo or is it something that TowersTimes have made, as it looks really good.

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/parkinfo/events.htm
Liam

It's the new Scarefest logo. :)
Jon

I prefered the one used last year. This one's a bit too simple, although that's probably a highlight it making it more memorable. While the last one looked a bit more sinister with its blood drips and bats, they have gone for a cuter, family friendly approach to Halloween. It's not awful...and I suppose it continues the pipe logo theme well, but I just prefer the older one.
Formerly "Dagoo"
Johno

I think a large lake show would be very good for Scarefest.

Projection similar to http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/01/sony ... hic-monste r-on-tokyo-bay/

Maybe a ghost ship or something. Flames going across the water, narration going through it, stage with actors etc.

It could be really good.
Rob L

I preferred last years Scarfest logo, but this one is still good. I really liked the blood on the old one, but it would have been hard to do that now with the new resort logo with the pipes. I do like it but it's not quite as impressive as the old one.

Nick

I think it gives the impression that this event can be a family event too. If they went and made the darkest, creepiest logo they could, spme families could well think twice about going to the event, thinking that it would just be extreme scares throughout the whole park
Quickey

I preferred the last one too, but this one appeals more to the family, which as the event is very family orientated, I think it is probably a good move to have a logo that appeals more to the family.
Sanbrooke Productions

I like the Scarefest logo more than the old one , mainly because last years seemed a little cluttered to me. I also like the green slime which seems to add something to it. :D
Skumfidus

[quote=""AT Fan""]I like the Scarefest logo more than the old one , mainly because last years seemed a little cluttered to me. I also like the green slime which seems to add something to it. :D[/quote]

The R. L. Stein effect?
Sir John Talbot

I actually don't like the logo.

It's too cartoony... I wish they'd go for a more sinister approach to Scare Fest (I dislike the name also). It's not dark enough :wink:

The green slime merely takes away from the professionalism of the new logo. I think something of a Gothic nature would work well for the logo - green slime just isn't scary.

The Spooktacular approach was far superior - and still applicable to the family market.
Chris1

I don't actually mind the new Scarefest logo, although the previous one was slightly better and easier to read...

The alteration of the Alton Towers logo last year (Below) was truly dire however, and just looked naff...

http://upsu.com/files/minisites/1740/no ... o_logo.jpg
Skumfidus

[quote=""Chrïs""]I don't actually mind the new Scarefest logo, although the previous one was slightly better and easier to read...

The alteration of the Alton Towers logo last year (Below) was truly dire however, and just looked naff...

http://upsu.com/files/minisites/1740/no ... o_logo.jpg[/quote]

I think this is a clear indicator of when AT installed Paint.net....followed by the park promo image//
Adam

Hello guys. Just wanted to mention preparation work has begun on the corn field maze for this year. The ground has been ploughed and ready for planting...oh and did I mention it's twice the size of the area from 2007...

Happy Halloween! :D

Adam x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Quickey

^ Hopefully that means it is going to have a higher capacity than last year. :)
Kaycee

Fantastic news! How exciting. :D Already can't wait for Scarefest. Fo1000S was brill, I'd be so psyched to see it vastly improved, and by the sounds of it already it's gonna be. :D
Vik

Thats good to hear, was starting to wonder if and when the cornfield was going to be planted. (sure it was planted earleir last year??)

Last years Field of 1000 screams was great, the after 9pm version anyway, hopefully this years can improve on that.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel