Disney Paris - February 12th to 14th!

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Ellie

Ok just thought i would post to let you know that i do believe we have joel and Cod coming with us now
Ash

Im interested, any advice on booking rooms and such?
Joel

After much much much much much much (etc etc) persuasion from Evilcod and Martin and Sammie and Ellie, I'm now joining this trip as Ellie said. Yay! :D

Titler - I believe the details are:

Easyjet - Luton -> Charles De Gaulle Tuesday 12th @ 6.05am
Easyjet - Charles De Gaulle -> Luton Thursday 14th @ 8.50am

Then transport from Charles De Gaulle - quickest is TGV Train @ 34 euros approx for a 10 minute journey to the park - need to book online through www.voyages-sncf.com though. Coach and RER train is probably slowest (50 mins to 1.5 hours), and still around 30 euros.

Then I think we're in the Disney Hotel Cheyenne which was booked through Eurotunnel WWTE, but there is an Etap hotel just over the road from Disneyland if you want cheap accomodation (www.etaphotels.com) for around 49 Euros.

Finally park tickets from www.disneylandparis.com - buy a 1 day 2 park hopper at £33 each (15% off) = £66 :D
Stu

Just fully confirmed the hotel changes.... so 2 rooms 4 adults in each..
thats £30 EACH for 2 nights in a disney hotel!!! My god. LOL!

£30 + £66 (£96) for Hotel and 2 Day Park Hopper Tickets as Disney.
+ Food and Travel. Plane tickets were about £35 return.
Danzaw*nk

Hello all, back from my shoddy Geog feild trip :).

Wow, so now accomodation is even cheaper! Amazing! :D

AND YAY! Joel and Coddy! Gonna be an amazing couple of days :).

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Joel

Anyone know if Sammie/Ant had any luck changing their flight with hold luggage to without luggage? I'm not about much at the moment due to the loverly 6am-3pm shifts I've got at work.

Would be handy to know as availability/prices of the TGV train from CDG -> Disneyland are creeping up now already :(

If you guys cant take just hand luggage then we would have to leave before 6am (meaning being up at like 5am very latest!) on Thursday and attempt to take the RER train back to CDG (around 80 mins) to check in, instead of the 10 minute TGV @ 7.30am - and we can at least book the TGV outward.

But if you've got hand luggage only then we can book both journeys, saving some cost of booking separate tickets.
Martin1

Yeah as far as I know they sorted it out, so yay! no 5am start :P
Danzaw*nk

[quote=""Martin""]Yeah as far as I know they sorted it out, so yay! no 5am start :P[/quote]

We're getting a taxi at like 4.30am Martin, I think. :P

Whoops, thought you was on about outbound lol.

Dan

<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Joel

Edit - Before reading any of this, see my next post below. It doesnt look so good after all :P

Oh ok, so TGV wise it looks like:

www.tgv-europe.com

Step 1:

Step 2:

Under "Leaving From", click "..or choose here" - select station ROISSY (95) from popup

Under "Going to", click "..or choose here" - select station MARNE LE VALLEE (77)

Change 1st Passenger to YOUNG PERSON (not adult!) 16-25

Select country as GREAT BRITAIN

Click "Search"

Step 3:

You want TGV number 09802 (8h57) on the page.

You also want Pro2nde ticket ("TGV 2nd Class, Pro Services" ticket - €16.60 at this time) - this allows us to catch the next TGV at 9:25am if we miss the 8:57 one. Reason picked 8:57 because its not unreasonable to get off plane and done in 40 minutes, and its also the cheapest option for the time frame - whilst still allowing us upto 1 hour after our booked train to use the ticket ("TGV Pro Services" - what the extra €1.60 is for)

Step 4:

Returning TGV number 09807 (7h29) on the page, doesnt matter what you select as if we miss this train we'll miss our flight - so the cheaper ticket is fine.

So that should get us to Charles De Gaulle for 7.40am, which is sufficient if we have all checked in online. Just need to leggit through security and straight to gate.

So...

7.29am Depart Disneyland
7.40am Arrive Charles De Gaulle
7.50am Straight to Security Control - 30 mins to get through security
8.25am Gate closes
8.50am Flight takes off

Its very very toight like a toiger, but if we run a bit it should be fine :P

Probably wont get the best seats on the plane mind, but never mind :D

That all sound ok?
Last edited by Joel on Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joel

[quote=""Joel""]
7.29am Depart Disneyland
7.40am Arrive Charles De Gaulle
7.50am Straight to Security Control - 30 mins to get through security
8.25am Gate closes
8.50am Flight takes off

Its very very toight like a toiger, but if we run a bit it should be fine :P

Probably wont get the best seats on the plane mind, but never mind :D

That all sound ok?[/quote]

Actually I'm doubting myself here the ability to do that - all the airport review sites say that CDG is a complete p*ss take in terms of timing.

Apparently you have to get a shuttle bus around Terminal 2 which would add on worrying amounts of time, and security control is a complete nightmare also, with large queues.

I'm not even confident about making the 9am or 9:25am TGV now either - I think it perhaps best to leave it and just pay when we get there, even if it is more rediculously expensive. Lots and lots of reviews all saying the same thing:

- Easyjet arrives late often Luton -> CDG
- Waiting ages for stairs/shuttle bus to terminal
- Terminal a mess
- Security control a nightmare
- Baggage can be an hour wait - thankfully we wont have any!

Hmmm Im not confident about making it to Disneyland and back from Disneyland in time. Who choose the flight times then lol? :P
Danzaw*nk

How about we rent out a car for the two days and everyone chip in? :)

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Joel

Would have been a nice idea, except:

- The most you can get is a 7 seater
- You'll pay around £51 PER driver extra who is under 25
- So if you got 2 x 4 seaters, you're paying for the 2 cars plus £50 per car to allow under 25 to drive
- You must have a popular credit card to put down as guarantee when you collect (which rules me out anyway... leaving Evilcod being over 21 to drive? And we'd need 2 cars if we were going to do it)

I think we'll have to go with the train option, and pray we get out of the airport in time and on the 9:25am TGV.

Coming back, I think we'll have to take the 90 minute RER train trip and be up rediculously early :(
evil cod

could just RER both ways, its cheap and will be quite fun with a group :S what time would it mean getting to park on the 1st day?
Joel

10.30am - 11am approx. Wouldnt really know until we got there.

I'd say TGV it if its before 9:25am, if arrival is after that.... you'd probably be better waiting for the next TGV anyway at 10:25am as the RER is around 90 minutes at the most LOL!

[quote=""RATP Train Info""]
Departure : Aeroport Charles de Gaulle 2 TGV Add to my favourites
Destination : Marne-la-Vallee - Chessy Add to my favourites
Date :12/02/2008
*Departure 09h32
Arrival 10h56

Travel time : 01h24
[/quote]

Meh! LOL! :D

So just pray plane on time and we escape quick enough!
Danzaw*nk

Lol, never realised all this stuff. What about Taxi's? Do they exist there? :P

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Martin1

Right :D :D

Had a google, and found this....

http://www.parishuttle.com/

100 Euros going back from disney to the airport, for 8 people, leaving 6am(obviously it was just a rough estimate) on the 14th, works out at about 12.50 euros each.

Just talked to joel, he says its fantastic, I think it is too really! So if everyone fancies paying 12.50 to go back to the airport shall we get it sorted?
(Theres always the option of going to disney with them too, same price so it would work out 25 euros each return)
Danzaw*nk

Sounds hot! :D.

If people haven't ordered their Euros I may be able to get my Mum to do them for you as long as you give the money to her instantly. She works at the bank so she gets a staff rate. The rate is like 1.24 but she ordered mine and got a rate of 1.29 meaning with my £125, i'm getting 170 euros, 20 euros more :).

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
evil cod

I say we do both directions by that, soo much easier!
Joel

[quote=""Danzaw*nk""]If people haven't ordered their Euros I may be able to get my Mum to do them for you as long as you give the money to her instantly. She works at the bank so she gets a staff rate. The rate is like 1.24 but she ordered mine and got a rate of 1.29 meaning with my £125, i'm getting 170 euros, 20 euros more :).[/quote]

Tesco Instore Bureux De Change is currently 1.299, and staff rate is 1.339 :D

I think the ParisShuttle seems a good idea though, certainly clear up a lot of worries about which train we're going to get - and its only 40 mins by road.

Probably cheapest option too :D
AstroDan

The best rate you will get is simply to take your Debit Card and withdraw abroad - you'll get the commercial rate of interest direct from the banks, and even if you have to pay a £1 or so withdrawal charge, you'll still be miles better off.

Anyone getting a rate of less than 1.3 - you are being ripped off. The current commercial rate is around 1.34. However even 1.34 is still amongst the worst rate for British going to Europe seen since the Euro was introduced.

I really hope it improves by the time I go abroad - it makes Europe over 10% more expensive at present than it was last summer!