Quick Questions 2008

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
allen83

just a quick question
what is the best way for a annual pass holder to book a room for 4 adults at splash landings over scarefest
Kaycee

Call the reservations line (0871 222 1100) - you can't get annual pass discount online unfortunately.

Make sure you keep your pass to hand because sometimes they ask for the long number on the back. :)
adamtoonarmy

I am planning to visit Alton Towers on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. I have been quite a few times before but only ever in good weather in the school hols. The place has been packed every time but I have managed to get on everything by buying fastrack tickets. If anyone has an idea on how busy the park will be on Tues / Wed your advice would be much appreciated. Also, what do you reckon my chances are of getting multiple rides on Nemesis/Air/Oblivion and Rita are ?
Cheers
Ridecount 2009:
Ollie

Kids are back at School, so I doubt it will be busy. Probably will be able to get on the '4' Coasters multiple times...

However you never can be sure :P
Matt

Yeah, the time between the summer holidays and scarefest should be fairly quiet.
Best time to go for the rest of this season anyway :)

matt
:)x
forestcarl

How do the monorail trains get on and off the storage track?

They use a track switch next to the storage rails which turns a section of the main track from a straight to a bend so the trains can drive onto the track[/img]
YOU REDS !!!!!!!!!
NF2

What is the current situation regarding the woodland walk? has it been used at all this season as its a great way of getting from Forbidden Valley to the hotels when the Skyrides down!
Nick

In the morning its open FROM 10am, you can use it to return to the hotels, just press the intercom button and ask to be let into the hotel
NF2

Cheers, what time does it close aswell, as I was hoping on my next visit to kind of "escape" from the park for a few hours and go to Cariba Creek. I guess if it isn't open once i'm finished in CC, I can just jump on the Monorail which isn't too stressful due to being all new :D
Nick

It won't close, as the staff at the reception of the hotel just press a button to open the gate when you press the buzzer
Starlight expresser

hi guys,
ive booked a trip to alton towers includng 1 night stay at splash landings hotel. When i booked it i got a confrmation code but other than that i havnt an email or anythng, is this normal? Also do park tix get sent or collect when i arrive?

andy
Matt

Just a quick thing.
Im goin towers for scarefest with a friend at some point, no idea which day.
Anyway, he's planning to use T.E.S.C.O vouchers which are valid til the end of october but hes unsure as to wether they will be valid for scarefest.

will they? :?

Matt
Kaycee

Does it say anything in the T&Cs about it excluding special events or anything like that? Or does it just say that it's valid till the end of October? If it just says that, I assume it'd be completely fine - but if you're worried, you could just give them a call. :)
Hark

Just a quickie...

Is there a reason why the gates on battle galleons doesn't lock when you leave the station as you can just open them and jump into the river - very unsafe for children... I just think it's a tad stupid?

:?

I know the majority of people wouldn't attempt it or would never jump out if they did indeed find out - but after seeing the youtube video of people 'riding the shark' - anything is possible :roll:
Matt

Not sure, Its probably very time consuming to keep locking them, considering they arent very high and if someone wanted to jump out they could anyway.

Thats my theory anyways :lol:

Matt
Hark

[quote=""Matt""]Not sure, Its probably very time consuming to keep locking them, considering they arent very high and if someone wanted to jump out they could anyway.
Thats my theory anyways :lol:
Matt
:)x[/quote]

Yeh but they could have a magnet locking system? So when the boat is dispatched it's automatically locked - Seems pretty stupid... but then again the river rapids have steps leading to no where, although that's a difficult ride to stand up on.
Bolton Warrior

Hi everyone.
It is nearly time to renew my annual pass, but this time I am not sure if I should buy just the Alton Pass or the merlin pass. I say that as I am not sure I would get full value for money from the merlin one.

The question is other than the obvious of being for just the one park, does the Alton Annual pass give all the same benefits as the merlin pass whilst at Alton?
Kaycee

As far as I'm aware, yes. :D
Cobra_Roll

Hey there,

Where in the Woodland walk can I find THIS beast?:

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/Resort/oth ... land05.jpg

Been along a few times and havent noticed it yet :(
<3-roll. Geddit?
NF2

Its in about the middle of the walk, it's not exactly hidden so i'm suprised you haven't ever seen it. I'd say geographically its somewhere between the golf and Air, possibly pushing being right on the bit which passes Air, however i'm not 100% sure!