Quick Questions 2008

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
AstroDan

[quote=""MJT""]Can anyone tell me how much it costs to go in the Alton Towers waterpark and how long each session is? Also are there any discounts availabe that might save a bit of money?
[/quote]

A Water Park ticket is £13.00 per person, or £10.40 with an Annual Pass.

Other discounts are not available, but a "session" lasts all day and you can go in and out.

:)
MJT

Lovely, thanks for the swift reply Dan, much appreciated :)

Another quick question, but when it comes to annual pass discounts, are they just for the holder, or can they be used by everyone in the group that your with?

Thanks
AstroDan

By the rules, just for the holder. Although they may be kind!

:D
DaveFreeze

Does anyone know of or have a contact within the Alton Towers as I need to find out information about its CSR issues
AfroDan

Hi

I was just wondering two things:

1) how busy is it likely to be next Friday (24th October) and am I likely to need fasttrack tickets?

2) Is there a discounted ticket price for entry after a certain time like there was last year? (mum is so jealous of me going she wants to come after work!!)

skittle

Hey, just wondering..
I never pay full price for Alton (way too expensive)
and I've got some of those BOGOF tickets.
I'm going next wendesday, 22nd,
But it's part of the Halloween stuff.
Can I till use them?
Is entry to the park any more expensive?
I've also heard its late closing? :D
Thanks in advanceee.
-Aerodynamic-

I have a bit of a silly question... I understand you need to pay a little extra for entry into the two mazes at scarefest, but do you need to pay for TOTT? I know you can get fast-track tickets for £4, but I'm not sure if its free otherwise. We're going thursday and friday next week, hoping it wont be hugely busy, so I don't think we'll need the fast-track tickets.
Also, is there any sort of school holiday or anything on the 23rd or 24th? I'm trying to assess how busy it'll be, I like to be organised!
sheepie

[quote=""skittle""]Hey, just wondering..
I never pay full price for Alton (way too expensive)
and I've got some of those BOGOF tickets.
I'm going next wendesday, 22nd,
But it's part of the Halloween stuff.
Can I till use them?
Is entry to the park any more expensive?
I've also heard its late closing? :D
Thanks in advanceee.[/quote]

On the back of the voucher there should be the terms and conditions saying when they're valid ect. Entry to the park is more expensive yeah £36? Lol, can't remember off the top of my head. And yeaaah the park is open until 9pm... I'm also going that day so woo for us.

[quote=""-Aerodynamic-""]I have a bit of a silly question... I understand you need to pay a little extra for entry into the two mazes at scarefest, but do you need to pay for TOTT? I know you can get fast-track tickets for £4, but I'm not sure if its free otherwise. We're going thursday and friday next week, hoping it wont be hugely busy, so I don't think we'll need the fast-track tickets.[/quote]

Yeah everything at the park is included within the price. You won't need to pay for TOTT. For the Field and Boiler House it's £5 per maze but you can buy £8 if you want to do both. I'm there that day too so yaay.
Don't blink; not even for a second, blink and you're dead.
Edgey

On behalf of a friend who asked me to ask this, can you take pictures inside the haunted house?
Udder

Not sure if this has been asked but:

I see the park re-opens between 10am and 16:00 on the 9th November. Are tickets available for this or are they a normal ticket purchase?

Also, the website says 'selected rides will be open'. Does anybody which are going to be open?

many thanks.
Corkscrewed

Heya Udder,

the 9th November special event for corkscrews Departure, I think the tickets have to be bought in advance. the rides that will be open for the event are as follows:

Spinball Whizzer, Squirrel Nutty, Oblivion, Submission, Enterprise, Rita – Queen of Speed, Marauder’s Mayhem, Heave Ho, Runaway Mine Train, Duel, Nemesis, Air, Blade & The Monorail, and of Course, Corkscrew.

sheepie

Hey, I have a quick question, does anybody know if the Merlin Magic passes can be used on the 22nd/23rd at Alton? I know they can't be used at Thorpe/ Chessie between the 27th- 2nd but wasn't too sure about Alton's dates.

Any help would be great!
Don't blink; not even for a second, blink and you're dead.
Rave_Child

Does anyone know what time Flambo's closes?

I want to stay on park until closing time tomorrow - but my parents are worried i won't return in time to get some food :|
Mattia

[quote=""Rave_Child""]Does anyone know what time Flambo's closes?

I want to stay on park until closing time tomorrow - but my parents are worried i won't return in time to get some food :|[/quote]
10/11pm should be last orders. :)
jomo1993

why does the flume and skyride close early during the scarefest

---- Post Info Added ----

[quote=""Udder""]
I see the park re-opens between 10am and 16:00 on the 9th November. going to be open?

many thanks.[/quote]

Are there any rides open for early ride time with a season pass
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS
Corkscrewed

your flume question is answered in another topic, so I won't answer that. as the 9th of November is a special event, I very much doubt any form of ERT will be available.

Magical Ryan

Skyride closes because there is no lights in the gondolos and flume I thinks it because you will get too wet and cold abd is health and safety and stuff. :D
Corkscrewed

ahh, I'll quote Wes to save all the trouble of hunting round...

[quote=""Wes""]Skyride - Health & Safety during after dark. They couldn't evacuate the ride in the dark if they were faced with a situation in which they needed to do so.

The Flume - The ride has been opened in the dark before, however, I presume with its close proximty with Haunted Hollow, they didn't want to ruin the atmosphere for the 'Haloween Attraction'.[/quote]
Mattia

Yeah, Flume could be (and should be) open in the dark as it's only closed (far too early) to do with HH. But it's good ol' brother Congo next door is running till 9pm, so it isn't really a Health and Safety issue :)
Magical Ryan

How many guests are in costume for scarefest? :D