Vekoma General Discussion

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
LiamSAFC

Whether it be a Looping to the Traditional Coaster to a huge Yellow and Blue Supported SLC! Tell me your favourite Vekoma rollercoaster! It could be in any Theme Park all over the world, as long as you give the name of the coaster, where it is, maybe a picture and why you chose it!

Happy Days  :lol:

My favourite has to be Kumali at Flamingo Land - Quality Ride and well themed around the wonders of a Lost Kingdom. Such a cool ride, brilliant first drop and head rushing inversions including a cobra roll which is awesome.

AstroDan

For me, this is quite a tough call. Vekoma, together with ride experience designers, have actually made some of the best rollercoaster experiences in the world. Sadly, the manufacturer also gets labelled as rough and dull - but people forget that some of their coasters are actually some of the best in their class. For me, the best Vekoma I have been on is Rock n Roller Coaster at the Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris. It combines accleration, music, lights, smoke, loops and twists into an action packed 90 second rollercoaster. It's one of the best I have been on.

Vekoma Mine Trains are also top of the pile. I have been on two, and they are both excellent. The best of these is probably Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland Park in Paris. It's a brilliantly themed, visual ride with speed - and also combines some very suprising sections in pitch darkness! Brilliant fun.

The final Vekoma i'd like to mention here is the Mine Train at Phantasialand, Bruhl near Cologne. Like Big Thunder Mountain, it offers a great duration with ever increasing speeds and fantastic theming. Again - a top rate ride, Colorado Adventure: The Michael Jackson Thrill Ride.

It is just a pity that for every good Vekoma, there appears to be 2 or 3 poor ones. Temple of the Night Hawk for example, also at Phantasialand is the most boring dark coaster ever to be constructed. Some of their rides are notoriously rough, such as Goudurix at Parc Asterix.

The best Vekoma I have ridden in England is Kumali at Flamingoland followed by Missile at American Adventure... yes, odd isn't it, but I loved that ride so much as it was my first looper and I found it really intense.

:D
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

I would have to say Vekoma get a ruff ride literally in the industry. They do create some awesome rides, I would have to say my favourtie is well Infusion *runs* Oddly though I like Kumalis layout better.

Disney seem to like them although don't proudly display there 50million pound ride is just a Vekoma lol, Everest I badly want to ride.

Equaling the top spot though has to be Hex (although the theming and experience is Wardley they have to get a mention for it. :D

MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Patrick

^I don't think Infusion is their best ride, The stock SLC's are pretty meh imo and I found Infusion to be extremely painful.

Jubilee Odyssey is my fave, It's just bloody insane and isn't at all painful.

AstroDan

Hehe, that's quite funny as Jubilee Oddysey is berated as being appalling by many :lol:

I forgot about Hex! It's very good but you can't beat Rock n Roller.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

[quote=""Patrick""]^I don't think Infusion is their best ride, The stock SLC's are pretty meh imo and I found Infusion to be extremely painful.
[/quote]

Hence why it's your own personal choice. I find people who complain about a little ruffness wimps personally. After 100+ rides this season it ain't put me off. I too am a lover of JO but I'm with Dan in saying people say it's bloody ruff and I agree, but ruffness doesn't bother me. I think it's insane as you stated.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Anonymous

JO looks mental, especially that first drop. :shock:

I am not a big fan of Vekoma's tbh, Infusion and Kumali dont do much for me, I prefer B&M Inverts to Vekoma SLC's.

I like Hex, probably my favourite Vekoma. ;)
caffeine_demon

i'd second colorado adventure!

I'd like to try alton mouse in it's new location though! only had one go on it at towers!"
Mankey

I love vekoma... but sadly... i cant really state which one i think is best seeing as i've only ridden a couple...

Hex, X:/WTF?! and Corkey are the only ones i think... not too impressive really :( i'd love to ride more

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Thomas

Jubilee Odyssey(sp?).

Rode the year it was opened and then a season after, personally i didn't find it rough but its one hell of a ride. :D
Nick

Colorado Express - The Michael Jackson Thrill Ride at Phantasialand. I was really impressed by this when I went on it, prefer it to any other Vekoma coaster i've been on!

DanB

I'd go with infusion, only went on it a few weeks back and i thought it knocked the socks off Kumali.
Lauren

Ive not ridden that many, i do love kumali though. And i find the que music highly addictive! Kumalis drop is better than infusions tbh, infusion is too compact.
iriderides101

Expedition everest, i was amazed by the themeing of this coaster.
Liam

Expedition Everest for me too. :D
Bolton Warrior

Expedition everset for me as well.

A really great ride for all the family and thrill seekers :D
Tom M

It's all about Rock n Rollercoaster at Walt Disney Studios Paris!
Never been on such a smooth Vekoma in all my life!
Dara

Is Big thunder mountain at DLP a Vekoma? If not, Kumali is my favourite, but BTM is better by miles!
AstroDan

BTM at Disneyland Paris is a Vekoma, yes.

:D
Beaver Dude

I am not a big fan of Vekoma's tbh, Infusion and Kumali dont do much for me, I prefer B&M Inverts to Vekoma SLC's.
That's like saying "I prefer Rolls Royces to Mondeos" remember a SLC is a lot cheaper than an B&M invert. I quite like Vekoma remember without them Alton Towers would be no where near as succesful. They help a lot of smaller parks like Flamingo Land hit the mainstream. They've also created some of the best dark rides this world has ever seen.

Picking the best one is a toughy though. I would say Rock n Rollercoaster but I don't think Vekoma made it a good ride. In fact take away it's theming and you have a piss poor ride. Big Thunder Mountain is defo up there but again I think Disney made that ride good the same can be said for Hex. So I'm going to be different and say the good old Boomerang is the best.

I remember riding the Missile back in 98 and it was only my second looping coaster (after Twin Looper.) I really liked it and it seemed a really major ride. It has been such a succesful ride that variations are still being built today. These rides are sold second hand and are still helping smaller parks become big. They are also fairly fun rides although a tad rough. Boomerangs are also pretty good looking and still fit into larger parks seeing as lots of the Six Flags parks still have them.
Vekoma are getting better and they are churning out some great new rides. The rides they build now are just as smooth as a B&M but a whole lot cheaper. They also push the barrier although not as much as Intamin. Plus they still help the underdog just look at Flamingo Land.