Members & Meets

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Kaycee

You wouldn't be thought of as a dumbass - we're all a bunch of the biggest dumbasses going. :P As long as you're able to hold a conversation, you're fiiiiine. :)
iriderides101

I havn't been as travelling from cardiff is a long way on my own lol. As soon as i get my driving license (and a car) ill go to the next meet :P
Magical Ryan

Well, I have been trying to go on a meetup for 2 year now, Long time I know, The main reason is my dad does not want me to meetup with strangers on my own from the internet, Another reason is Travel, and a 3rd reason is Money.

I have put myself down as maybe for the febuary meet so I will see what my dad says this tuesday and I am hopeing I can go!
:D
Thanks Ryan
Beth

Unfortunately I've only been on one.
I absoulutely loved it, and the atmosphere is amazing. I took my friend, Heather with me and she loved it too, even joined TTF after but didnt stay active :[
It's so lovely, Kaycee gave me a hug when I got there, Ant was crazy and everyone was genuinely a laugh.
When I tend to go to theme parks with my real life friends some of them tend to be coward and dont go on the rides, but on the meetups you won;t get anyone like that as they love theme parks, and I think that is a huuuge advantage.
I've tried numerous times to go on another meetup, with no success, so hopefully I'll be going on oen this year.
My boyfriend, Shaun, does want to go but having our own house etc is hard work money wise, plus travel is expensive, but we'll try our hardest to come on one, just so I can show him what a great bunch everyone is (I yet to meet Uncle D etc anyway so will totally have to go on one :D)
::: (\\(\\
*: (=\' :\') :*
•.. (,(\'\')(\'\')¤°
BULBOUS

I'm planning on passing my test ASAP so I can shut up and drive, drive, drive to a meetup this year, rather than take the extortionate train and bus to leave at about 6. :roll:

The only new year's resolution worth keeping. :D
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
DanB

[quote=""Beth""]Unfortunately I've only been on one.
I absoulutely loved it, and the atmosphere is amazing. I took my friend, Heather with me and she loved it too, even joined TTF after but didnt stay active :[
It's so lovely, Kaycee gave me a hug when I got there, Ant was crazy and everyone was genuinely a laugh.
When I tend to go to theme parks with my real life friends some of them tend to be coward and dont go on the rides, but on the meetups you won;t get anyone like that as they love theme parks, and I think that is a huuuge advantage.
I've tried numerous times to go on another meetup, with no success, so hopefully I'll be going on oen this year.
My boyfriend, Shaun, does want to go but having our own house etc is hard work money wise, plus travel is expensive, but we'll try our hardest to come on one, just so I can show him what a great bunch everyone is (I yet to meet Uncle D etc anyway so will totally have to go on one :D)[/quote]

It'll be good to meet you Beth and Shaun again as the last time i met him was only for bout an hour whilst Joel was waiting for the AA to come out with some petrol. :)
Joel

It was to jump start my car actually, we were sat with the lights on (it looked dodgy! LOL! It was in Wales though ;)) and stereo and all sorts lol!

I remember meeting Shaun in town from work, he was in uniform, met up with him walking down the path (after being on the phone trying to describe where we were!) then we met up and I gave him a big hug on the side of the road in front of everyone! LOL!

But yeah would be great to meet you Beth, and Shaun again too if possible!
Beth

[quote=""Joel""]It was to jump start my car actually, we were sat with the lights on (it looked dodgy! LOL! It was in Wales though ;)) and stereo and all sorts lol!

I remember meeting Shaun in town from work, he was in uniform, met up with him walking down the path (after being on the phone trying to describe where we were!) then we met up and I gave him a big hug on the side of the road in front of everyone! LOL!

But yeah would be great to meet you Beth, and Shaun again too if possible![/quote]

He's proud that you gave him a hug too!
I want one for you when we meet up :D
Sorry, really going off topic here so apologies!
Oh, and you're both always welcome to pop over here stay the night whatever. We can sit in front of the telly with popcorn watching soppy movies :D
You need to squint to see the TV though :P
(/me steers topic back on topic)
So, when is the next meetup exactly?
::: (\\(\\
*: (=\' :\') :*
•.. (,(\'\')(\'\')¤°
Gashead

[quote=""Ian""][quote=""Spike""][quote=""Ian""]I haven't, probably the only member of the team who hasn't! I have met up with Craig, Crofty and Kaycee though :D[/quote]

You do seem the quiet one who lurks in the shadows.

[quote=""Kaz""]Availability mainly and the fact that I would have to travel on my own while being unsure if you guys are of my cup of tea so to speak; just unease really.
[/quote]

that was mainly the reason for the tpic really, to try and easy some nerves for people who maybe wanting to come but feel a little over whelmed. :D[/quote]

LOL you make me sound like some sort of seedy old man!![/quote]

I love the fact you pop in sound like as if your not really a seedy old man :lol:
Power Of Ten

[quote=""Ryan2008""]Well, I have been trying to go on a meetup for 2 year now, Long time I know, The main reason is my dad does not want me to meetup with strangers on my own from the internet [/quote]

Yup thats the reason I can't go I can understand it i suppose (just)

(I've only got 180ish posts so I need more experience,some of you do that amount in a day! lol) :P
This is my last Comment or View of TTF. I\'ve had enough of all this geek stuff, Im not worrying about theming or story\'s or landscaping, smoothness or what a ride is like compared to another. To just enjoy the roller coasters as fun and adrenalin filled.
Chris1

I wouldn't mind going with you lot at some point as you seem like a great group of people, but there seems to be enough people on each meet as it is!...

Maybe one day....
amylovesaltontowers

I'd love to come to a meet one day, but i'm only 14 and i have no way of getting there.
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'
Skumfidus

Meets, for me, make TTF. Growing up with the internet first coming into peoples lives, it has been drummed into me that you shouldn't meet people off the internet. But this isn't really the same as a 14 year old girl going to meet 'ILUVSLITTLEGIRLS05' in a back-alley, this is a large group of likeminded people, who are meeting in a totally safe, public (and escapable) place. Everyone is so different, yet have one defining similarity, they love Alton Towers.....and as if to ease things along even nicer, that's where you are all meeting!

The atmosphere is great, the 'physics' of the group through the day mean we don't usually stay together as a group, apart from the end of the day on Towers Street. But those moments of wandering around the park with a few people mean you really get to know them well....and i feel like i've made some ace friends through TTF.

My first meet was on a camping it up meet, in 2006. I won't go into details, but it was madness (Worthos metro...............how awful). Since then I have tried to come to as many meets up as possible and have loved them all. Some have been so lovely, like a meet up where we all ended up sitting on a perfect summers day, in the gardens, and chatting rubbish to each other. I think our ride count that day was about 7!

Simple post? TTF meets rock and you should try your hardest to go on one.....brappp!
Hark

I haven't yet been to one... However I have met Dean on park, so there's 1 down only 4851 to go! I would really love to come on one - but as stated in a post above, coming from Wales is not easy - however I can start to learn to drive in the next month or so - all going well, I may be able to come to a meet for scarefest or near the end of this season - if not next season... I'm quite a timid person to be honest - but once i'm settled, i'll be fine! I think it would be awesome meeting everyone and you would really get the most out of TTF with being able to understand all the 'in-jokes'.

:lol:
badger

I haven't been on a meet yet.

I've posted on many topics that I'd love to come along, but I've never had a response. I'm beginning to feel a little paranoid.

I do go to AT a lot (every two weeks if poss) but family members don't to go back AT on their day off, and I don't know anyone my age who is daft about AT.

:cry:
Ash

Looks like your in the right place to be honest.

You and lon are similar ages and hes totally daft!

:P

Just have a look in the Offical Meet Ups forum, see when the next one your available to go to is, and say you will go. Or perhaps look in the "Alton Towers Trips and Reports" Forum and tag along with someone elses meet up perhaps a larger one. PM someone who is going, perhaps swap numbers or arrange a definite time to meet up. Look them up on myspace/facebook so you know what they look like and away you go!

Within no time you will know everybody!
Last edited by Ash on Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaycee

Aww badger, you should come along! I wouldn't be paranoid, I guess there's not been much response because the response to AT meets at the moment is not huge as many regular meet members are saving up for Germany... but once the big ones restart again in June/July, you really should come along.

We have members in their 30s who regularly come along, and Lon is 55 n all... ;) Age is never an issue, we've all got common ground just because we love AT and you'll always see the youngest and the eldest of the group chatting away like old friends. :D
Ash

[quote=""Kaycee""]Aww badger, you should come along! I wouldn't be paranoid, I guess there's not been much response because the response to AT meets at the moment is not huge as many regular meet members are saving up for Germany... but once the big ones restart again in June/July, you really should come along.

We have members in their 30s who regularly come along, and Lon is 55 n all... ;) Age is never an issue, we've all got common ground just because we love AT and you'll always see the youngest and the eldest of the group chatting away like old friends. :D
[/quote]

Couldnt put it much better, try a smaller meet perhaps with names you recognise from the forum (usually best to try people whos opinions you agree with :D ) And attend a smaller meet, then come a big 30+ official one you will know some people to chat to as things tend to get a bit hectic, and groups split off and do there own thing and them come back together.

It usually involves meeting up people on park and wandering around for a bit, getting lunch and a beverage, more wandering and rides then depending on what sort of meet back to a hotel be it on site on in the lovely surroundings of stoke on trent (e.g Meir Park/Uttoxeter) and then people go to a pub/chat/more madness and then sleep or lack there of!

Just watch out for the scousers they tend to bite!
Moley

Oh and make an effort to talk, I regret staying as quiet as I did :P
Quickey

I am pretty new to TTF after being a regular poster and meet up attendee on another forum.

I had seen and briefly met TTFers around the park before my first big TTF meet, but didn’t really get to chat with them for to long.

I went to my first big TTF meet on opening day (actually, I went to flamingo land with them the weekend before, but that wasn’t as big of a group and it was a mix of 3 or 4 forums), and they are all amazing people. Really funny, interesting, and just a good laugh. Haven’t really got to talk to everyone yet (there are a lot of people), but from the people that I have chatted to and become friends with, they are a grate bunch of people and I really look forward to spending more time with them.

Badger, defiantly get yourself to a meet. As people have said, a lot of people from the forum are a bit strapped atm because of the Germany trip, but whenever you see a small unofficial meet being organised in the trip planning section that you can attend, just post to say that you will be their, and then privately get in contact with one or two people that are going on that trip to swap numbers and stuff. You wont regret it. :D