Members & Meets

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Kaycee

[quote=""barryzola""]Don't expect any hyperactive behaviour from me, unless anyone tries to run past me in a queue, then i will get a bit lively :)

[/quote]

Haha we like that - this group tends to swing between silently and indignantly letting queue jumpers push past, to outright refusal to let people through. :lol:
barryzola

:)

Yeah, my opinion is that when you're in a queue, that's your position sorted. If people enter the queue behind you then they have to wait. It annoys me even more though because even if they do pass you they'll probably end up on the same train/ride anyway which is just dumb. If i'm in a good mood i occasionally let some peeps through if they seem like decent peeps or are really young kids :)

I'm not a complete miserable person :)
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

[quote=""Kaycee""] to outright refusal to let people through. :lol:[/quote]

My vife. :lol:
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Smeck

I've not been on a meet yet, although I did think about going a few times this year, either to AT or on the Flamingoland/Lightwater trip as both parks are only a couple of hours' drive for me (AT is a 200 mile trip either way which works out to about 8 hours on the road in a day unless I stay over somewhere!).

Depending how I'm fixed next year I might try and make it to at least one, I always look forward to the trip reports and photos from TTF :)
Kaycee

It's actually quite rare that TTF meets last only one day - especially at Alton Towers. :) Most of us stay over in the area, if not on the resort, for at least one night and it does actually form a central part of the meet itself, the stopovers. :lol:
Big Dave

Every meetup I have been to has been great and hopefully in the new year I will be there alot more often. Go with an open mind and just be prepared for a continuous laugh. Meetups often last over several days and help getting rooms is not hard if you post in the appropriate topics in the official meetup forums.
Ash

I havent seen the TTF guys and gals for what feels like ages now! Well apart from the odd ones from stoke and Ant!

Kinda sucks :-(
Lauren

I went last march but i dragged 2 friends along. It was actually quite scary as there must of been like 30ish people? I really didnt know what to say but you all did seem really nice. I dont know wether i will be allowed to travel all the way on a train on my own to alton as i dont know the area, and its kinda worse when i think im one of the youngest i dont feel i fit in. But i might try this year! :D
Moley

It just comes across that theres sort of a main group amongst TTF users and especially the meeter-uppers, thats the thing thats putting me off if I'm honest.

With me getting a pass for next season I might tag along to one.
Liam

[quote=""Moley 89""]
It just comes across that theres sort of a main group amongst TTF users and especially the meeter-uppers, thats the thing thats putting me off if I'm honest.

With me getting a pass for next season I might tag along to one.[/quote]
The "main group" really consists of people who go on meetups because they can relate more to each other having met each other.
So if you go to a meet up, you'll be in this "main group" automatically. :D

It's natural human nature to connect more with people who you've met.
AstroDan

[quote=""Moley 89""]It just comes across that theres sort of a main group amongst TTF users and especially the meeter-uppers, thats the thing thats putting me off if I'm honest.

With me getting a pass for next season I might tag along to one.[/quote]

I felt somewhat similar to that when I first met some of the people from TTF in May 2006, although my first meet-up 'proper' was in the Summer of that year. Initially I felt that as everyone knew everyone else, I just didn't think why people would want to speak to me. I think if you do go, you have to be prepared to talk yourself, and once you get talking to one or two individuals, the rest just flows. It took me 2 or 3 meet-ups before I felt genuinely at ease, but it was definitely worth it as I now have an indisposable group of friends.

If you are particularly anxious, then it may do good to come to a Mini Meet first, these are organised sporadically but there is usually at least one every few weeks in season. I remember when i started going on meets, it was good that I wasn't the only new person. That's always the case as Mark says, there are always several new people! I remember that Craig and I were new together and it made me feel much better.

It would be great to see new faces in 2008, so come along and be happy. It would also be great to catch up with some faces that haven't been for a while due to whatever, such as Ash, Kelly and Lauzi! I miss you guys.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

I echo what Dan & Liam have said. It can be scary at first like with anything new you do. I have only been goign to meets since March when TTF came to Blcakpool. Instantly was put at ease with the large rowdy group persona that seems to be expressed on videos and in piccies. You will find it a completley different experience to what you first though I can assure you. The thing with a larger group is not everyone is talking to one person at the same time obviously so there are people you can talk to here there and everywhere quietly if you wanted. It's a case of mingle and chat.

I do urge people who are worried about attending to also attend as you can read we all were there at first but there a top buch of people and we have such a laugh. :D
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
LiamSAFC

Well I'd come more often people but I can't considering I have noone to take me. It's hard for me to get the train and stuff and considering the North East people aren't Willy Wonka's about Theme Parks and I'm still only 16 too. My mam and dad aren't arsed however staying over at meet ups maybe a problem however going with someone then yes! Definitely depending where I was getting met for a lift mind you :lol:
DanB

If your that worried then bring a friend along with you.

I went to my first meet in August time i knew one person at that meet. Slowly i got round the group to say hello and realised how friendly and funny everyone is. The official meets can get quite big so try and join a mini meet or get talking to someone on msn as you can get to know a few people and you'll feel more comfortable at larger meets.

Before i joined TTF i went to alton about once a year but i tend to go every few weeks now and i'm going cold turkey at the moment.
Big Dave

It6s already been mentioned before (think Kaycee said it) some people like to go on the rides and others just chill out. There are so many different people that you can be sure to find someone you get on well with.
Moley

If I came to a TTF Meet it would probably be with at least one of my mates, as I cant drive and I'm not making a 40 minute journey last about double that by train and bussing it.
Big D

Hmm i may not be the best person to offer advice, but for those of you who are unsure about coming on a meet please have a read of my experiences and maybe i can allay some of those fears. If a boring social pariah like myself can get to a meet then surely some of you others can. here goes....

I was very apprehensive about my first meet, it was the opening day of the season just gone and is still fresh in my mind. Before the meet words such as 'clique' and 'elitist' bounced around my head and i feared the worst. I was also on my own, none of my friends wanted to visit and it was a longish drive, i hoped i wouldnt chicken out and turn back before i got there. My fears however though were unfounded, none of these words applied to anyone in the group. They were all incredibly friendly and all willing to introduce themselves and humour me with a little idle chit chat. I was never left alone on park someone was there either chatting in my ear or generally including me almost all the time.

The group is still somewhat intimidating to me even now. Im not sure i know everyone and im not sure everyone knows me, i am a naturally very shy person and in my younger years definitely suffered with social phobia. However i do try and speak to people and hope they speak back! This has perhaps meant i have always stayed on the fringes of the action but i have never felt excluded. I have now been, believe it or not, to 4 maybe 5 of the 'official meets' and many 'mini meets'.

Obviously when you first meet 'the group' everyone will introduce themselves and certainly for me i found i couldnt remember everyone, although some people are unforgettable as well. Others post sooooo many photos of themselves on here that you cant help but already know who they are :D In time though you do know people and it always surprises me how happy i feel when someone yells "its big d" or something similar. Believe it or not even when nick says something anti derbyshire or gashead has some football related quip i am quite happy - its like acceptance.

Certainly it is easier to get to know people on the mini meets, the group is much more intimate. Also any chance you get to chill in the bar with people is great, nothing like a beverage or two to lower those inhibitions and get people talking.

I wouldnt say i am privileged enough to call anyone a really good friend from TTF (i hope no-one is offended by that?) but also im sure that if i was to see them on park on a non ttf meet we could have a chat and not pretend that we hadnt seen each other (if you catch my meaning).

To summarise then, you can get whatever you want out of a ttf meet. If you are a bubbly out going person who loves to be the centre of attention im sure you will fit in. Also though if your happy just to be in the park and enjoy other peoples company you will find a home also. I know i did.
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
MostMagicalCat

I Really wish i could go to meet ups, not driving and living in the middle of no-where up in cold aberdeenshire(-8 today brrrr) on top of that young family and part time work does not help.

I wish i found you guys years ago when i had disposable income, i would have been there all the time, so i urge anyone that can go to do it, or you might regret it.

I have been to 2 and half meet ups, 1 alton firework meet, who i attended with my family and was impressed with the groups patience with me and my baby time, i did feel a bit bad, but not because i felt that anyone was worried about it. Then i bumped into a few in blackpool and done a couple of rides and i felt like i connected with the folks there. The thorpe mini meet was great, i felt alot more relaxed. I had a great time and its so nice to meet people familiar and new.

i cant wait for my next one, i hope to get next halloween(ages i know)meet up, and i hope to meet the people i did before and to meet new ones.

so go on if you are thinking about it, its a great bunch of guys and you will have a great time....

hope to see you next year :D
[
Mi-Nigle

I went for my first meet on the scarefest one. Really enjoyed it. They are all really welcoming and i felt very comfotable with them. It was a bit difficult to talk to everyone because it was such a big group, but then i'm a quiet person anyway as many of you would have noticed XD.
Staying over at Splash Landings was good fun too, a good chance to get to talk to everyone and get to know them a bit better.

I think it is great though how everyone has met on the net, become friends here and then met up and carried on the friendship. I didn't realise how close some of you really are until I went. :D
AdamJ

Damn I need to attend a meet *here's hoping I get money for feb meet*. I think mainly I'd be a bag of nerves, carrying a camera trying to look as less suspicious as possible, shaking a little going extremely quiet in hope that I don't seem a dumb'ass at the time :lol: Quite weird meeting up with people from the Interweb, although did meet up with Wayne *spike* & Ste *FrostyFox* in August 07, and 2 brilliant chap's, had an amazing time at BPB so will know least 2 faces :)

Adzy!