Members & Meets

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Who on TTF residing has not attended a meet? :?:

Why not? :twisted:

Will you strive to attend on next year? :D

Just a wandering thought. :lol:
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Wes

I haven't :(

Its a bit hard to get along when you live over 300 miels from the park. However, I have timed my visits with TTF meets, but I like to get all the rides done each time I go due to the 2/3 times I only get to visit.

With a bit of luck, I will be driving next year so I will pop along most probably :D
Spike

[quote=""Wes""]I haven't :(

Its a bit hard to get along when you live over 300 miels from the park. However, I have timed my visits with TTF meets, but I like to get all the rides done each time I go due to the 2/3 times I only get to visit.

With a bit of luck, I will be driving next year so I will pop along most probably :D[/quote]

No excuses. :lol: Especially with a post count as high as yours. :wink:
*Honest Cint!*
Kaz

Who on TTF residing has not attended a meet?
Moi
Why not?
Availability mainly and the fact that I would have to travel on my own while being unsure if you guys are of my cup of tea so to speak; just unease really. Plus if I was to come along it would have to be a Thorpe meet as Alton is simply too far to travel for a day trip.
Will you strive to attend on next year?
Mixed feelings, my commitment to the forum has slightly diminished over the past year for a series of reasons, don’t have a burning passion to go but I must admit after watching the odd video it does make you want to be part of the fun. So still a bit iffy…
Ian

I haven't, probably the only member of the team who hasn't! I have met up with Craig, Crofty and Kaycee though :D
AstroDan

[quote=""Wes""]I haven't :(

With a bit of luck, I will be driving next year so I will pop along most probably :D[/quote]

Be great if you came along, although I wouldn't underestimate the cost of driving. I sat down yesterday and worked out my driving costs once I pass my test (hopefully next month!) and I reckon it'll work out at 20 to 30 pence per mile by the time you add up tax, insurance and petrol!

:shock:
Spike

[quote=""Ian""]I haven't, probably the only member of the team who hasn't! I have met up with Craig, Crofty and Kaycee though :D[/quote]

You do seem the quiet one who lurks in the shadows.

[quote=""Kaz""]Availability mainly and the fact that I would have to travel on my own while being unsure if you guys are of my cup of tea so to speak; just unease really.
[/quote]

that was mainly the reason for the tpic really, to try and easy some nerves for people who maybe wanting to come but feel a little over whelmed. :D
*Honest Cint!*
Ian

[quote=""Spike""][quote=""Ian""]I haven't, probably the only member of the team who hasn't! I have met up with Craig, Crofty and Kaycee though :D[/quote]

You do seem the quiet one who lurks in the shadows.

[quote=""Kaz""]Availability mainly and the fact that I would have to travel on my own while being unsure if you guys are of my cup of tea so to speak; just unease really.
[/quote]

that was mainly the reason for the tpic really, to try and easy some nerves for people who maybe wanting to come but feel a little over whelmed. :D[/quote]

LOL you make me sound like some sort of seedy old man!! As much as I'd like to be I am not quiet! I think I could cope with a small meet to start with but I think I'd feel very uneasy with a mob of 20+ people for the first time!
Spike

[quote=""Ian""]

LOL you make me sound like some sort of seedy old man!! As much as I'd like to be I am not quiet! I think I could cope with a small meet to start with but I think I'd feel very uneasy with a mob of 20+ people for the first time![/quote]

Hahahaha, wasn't meaning you were pervy. :lol:

Me fellas the same he's been to a few meets and is still over whelmed with the amount of people, but the cool thing is you get to meet a great variety of people which I found this year, all of whom made this coaster year the best for me. You do find people chat to you also. :D
*Honest Cint!*
Kelly

[quote=""Wes""]With a bit of luck, I will be driving next year so I will pop along most probably [/quote]

God your a brave man to drive all that way lmao :shock:

Although saying that i might be driving from here to Cornwall come August lol :P
Mike

I havent yet!

(Yes I only have 20-odd posts, but I do check this forum every day :P)

I'm a quiet person, and am just apprehensive about going to a huge group meet (perhaps nervous is a better word). I know you all dont bite but I dont know quite what youdd think of a quiet person like me!

Thanks to Ian for the sig!
Spike

Yeah, It can be over whelming, I mean you have Astro Dan who is the loudest human alive. Dagan towers above the whole park. Kaycee's make-up bag is huuuuuge and actually takes up half the group size. There's queens, there's girlies and there's Ray. :lol:

Nah in all seriousness you guys should bite the bullet and come I guarantee you'll have a laugh. :twisted:
*Honest Cint!*
AstroDan

[quote=""Spike""]Yeah, It can be over whelming, I mean you have Astro Dan who is the loudest human alive. [/quote]

I am not! How dare you attack my already wilted and torn persona with such irreperable, reckless lies! My sagging cranium cannot tolerate anymore of these bubonic attacks, Spike. Please refrain.
Spike

[quote=""AstroDan""][quote=""Spike""]Yeah, It can be over whelming, I mean you have Astro Dan who is the loudest human alive. [/quote]

I am not! How dare you attack my already wilted and torn persona with such irreperable, reckless lies! My sagging cranium cannot tolerate anymore of these bubonic attacks, Spike. Please refrain.[/quote]

:lol: I did forget to add that the stuff that's loud is hilarious. :lol:
*Honest Cint!*
Moley

Over here! *raises hand*
oldgitBEN

god dont go, they are hideous people and just plain nasty.

I went and stopped going, to many ugly people and too many gays. Id like to nuke the park on a meet-up.

Just kidding, (ahem), its a nice group, a loud one but genuinely nice and welcoming, id urge everyone to try it.
Kaycee

With such a large group as it's become, there is a vast mixture of people... some are loud, some are quiet - some like to get all the rides done multiple times, others like to take it easy and enjoy the oft like-minded company whilst getting around the park.

It'd be nice to see more new faces next year... we had loads this year and the vast majority have all loved it, and quickly established themselves.

Meets are a two-way things... we are warm and we welcome new people along - you don't need to be the loudest person around at all, all it takes is effort to talk to people and maintain conversation, join in with the jokes and pretty soon it'll all flow natural. ;)

By definition, I suppose the meets are a stereotypically 'geeky' thing... just because we've all met through the internetz!!!1 but in reality, to be honest, we don't spend a lot of time discussing the park, or talking about 'geeky' things - we're all normal people and we go to have fun just like everybody else. Conversation's about anything and everything, most people are laid-back and there's always somebody providing some sort of entertainment (inadvertently or not!). :D They are great fun.
theme park lover

I think whats so nice about your meetups is that many people from a wide area have got together and have made new friends with each other and as has been said the group has become so much bigger in 07 due to the everyone concerned
Kaycee

It is pretty special how we all come from such varied locations, ages, backgrounds, lifestyles - all brought together by one interest in common... and the vast majority of us get on with each other like houses on fire. :) It does become like one large group of friends - and obviously you get smaller groups who are closer and chat more regularly outside of the meets than others, but when we're all together as a group, it's a really nice thing. :D
barryzola

I might come on a meet soon (i always say that :) ). Seriously though, i will some time when i'm off work and my brain is in the mode that tells me to just do one for the weekend. I was kind of planning on meeting in adrenaline week but then i had a break from the forum and completely forgot what the date was until it was too late :shock: . I was a bit annoyed that i forgot about that genuinely but my parents were in Australia for a month and i had the house to myself........

Anyway, when you do see me on a meet i'll be one of the quieter peeps just taking it easy and enjoying the rides and stuff. Don't expect any hyperactive behaviour from me, unless anyone tries to run past me in a queue, then i will get a bit lively :)

P.S - I have met a few people off the site, just not a big meet.