Your First Meet

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Mankey

My first meet was August Bank Holiday 2007. Me and Gazza went on the Saturday (25th) feeling horrendously nervous but yet somewhat excited.

I still remember a few things, stuff like "Magic Moment"! Liam being thrown into the courtyard fountain, being forced to ride Rita by Spike, Sammie and Ellie. :evil:

I also remember chatting to .com a great deal about sad rollercoaster crap! :lol: back then I remember thinking "oh my god, i'm definately coming again"... and well... here I am! Still attending meets even though at times it sets me back about £200!

Also... I had long hair back then! :P
Back from hibernation!
Rob L

My first meet was back in November last year for Corky's last day, the time since then really has flown by! I was so nervous in the morning before I got there, and meeting 30 or so people you'd never seen before was rather daunting, and even though I was freezing cold for most of the day, I had a great time, and found everyone so friendly and welcoming. Oh and I was made to shake everyones hand by Stu! :P

DiogoJ42

My first meet will be the 'micro' meet next week... Just 4 of us :P

Sadly I rarely get weekends off, so the chances of me coming on a 'proper' meet are slim.
Gloomy Dude

[quote=""Diogoj42""]My first meet will be the 'micro' meet next week... Just 4 of us :P [/quote]

Just 4? Aren't you including Mrs j42? :lol:
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
DiogoJ42

well, she's not a TTF member, so I can't count her.
oldgitBEN

MY first meet was way back in November 2005!

I'd been on TTF since the spring of that year seen some pictures and thought the meets looked really cool so decided to head down in the summer (alas on route my mate Andy was sick in my car and we had to go home) so in November I set off on my own to my first meet.
I'd spoken with Croft, Kaycee and Ade on MSN prior to the meet and was really excited.

I walked from the car to the park entrance looking, quite nervously, for any faces I knew and there were none. I gave crofty a call who was about 20mins away so decided to wait around when I recognised a face, it was Wayne Burton. I went over said hello and he asked why Id not gone in to meet anyone yet (lol).
We went in got a drink and after a few calls everyone was on Air so we walked there and met crofty, ray, saz (I think) and a few others. Went on air got off and the rest of the TTF group was there - about 15 I'd say.

Said hello to all, then we went for a pint. No shocker.

Ended up talking with Gashead (who I hadnt previously liked) and we got on really well, due to mutual Kaycee abusing and loving the beeros.

Day was ace, dont remember much else.

Watched the fireworks which was the crappy dr.cock rocket I think, then went to Leek where we'd booked a travelodge.

Me, Crofty and Ade spent the evening desperatly trying to get some food and or a beer and failed miserably as it was so late. Ended up with fish and chips and a can of shandy lol.

Went back next day and had a great day agin.

The rest as they say is history.

BTW - does anyone have that fireworks video, the one where "nemesis is f**ked" and ray slapped me! how rude!
Alex

My first meet was the bank holiday meet just gone.

I remember boarding the train going, am I being pranked, could I be at alton towers all alone, then i remember waitinf for dean at the monorail station and I saw him and i felt more relaxed. We then decided agaisnt waiting for monorail and headed to the back entrance to get first "dibs" (Deans words) on air and nemmy. And so we did, then before we knew it we disembarked nemmy and there were the gang, and they all clapped.

A welcome?

I dont know but they seemed a decent bunch and they were, By the end of the air queue 2nd time round they had nearly all said hello ;] During the day it got better and I got more wetter, including soaked on The Flume.

The next day was just as awesome if not better, I never knew you could have so much fun at Alton Towers without riding the rides! (Wortho is all I need say). Another small highlight has to be beach ball in the rita queue. Ahhh good times.

Already booked for the Scarefest, defiently dont regret going to first meet, its truely an awesome experience! :)
popTART

My first meet was May 2008 although i actually joined the forums in 2007, it was a mini meet at Thorpe Park it was the day before they all went of to Germany i recall. I remember being really nervous on the train down to staines meet up with everyone up by Samurai all i said that i was the one wearing a Girls Aloud top :lol: That was the day Astrodan complained about not getting something he was promised which was fastracks and we all got ultimate fastrack for free that was a really good day. My first ever day at thorpe park aswell and did love my first ride on Stealth front row i believe :D
Crofty

[quote=""popTART""]My first meet was May 2008 although i actually joined the forums in 2007, it was a mini meet at Thorpe Park it was the day before they all went of to Germany i recall. I remember being really nervous on the train down to staines meet up with everyone up by Samurai all i said that i was the one wearing a Girls Aloud top :lol: That was the day Astrodan complained about not getting something he was promised which was fastracks and we all got ultimate fastrack for free that was a really good day. My first ever day at thorpe park aswell and did love my first ride on Stealth front row i believe :D[/quote]

Ahh I remember that day well! Remember looking for the Girls Aloud Tee also. :lol:
AstroDan

AH yes what a day! I remember the Slammer E-stop! Those Ultimate Fastracks were amazing. Although what an argument I had with the guy at Guest Services!

:twisted: