Your First Meet

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Dean

[quote=""evil cod""]On behalf of all the people how have started going in the last 2 years, I would just like to say thank you, dean! Make us feel really wanted![/quote]

People have only disappeared this season, last season was ok. So it doesn't apply to you. :P And you always talk to me anyways. :D

Didn't mean it like that anyway... :roll:
Vik

First meetup was the 2005 season opening day meetup. Never been so nervous on my drive to Alton Towers,having never met the majority of people before. I had met a few peeps the week before at the last winter weekend/Blackhole final day (Stokywolf, Kitty, Dagan, Dstone, Wayne, and a couple of others), so thankfully had a couple of faces to recognize.

Remember being the only meetup ever that had a meeting place and time, being near the Air entrance at 11am, and still waiting there an hour later for the stragglers to arrive:P . Remember meeting Gashead & kaycee here first.

Also this was the meetup that had the Comic Relief DVD made by Crofty. Still watch it occasionally.

Made some good friends then, and many more with new faces that have appeared on the many subsequent meetups.

Do agree with Marky.coms' view, that with big meetups it is difficult to properly speak to some one, but with the many mini meetups which take place (which sometimes have a bigger turnout than my 1st meetup), have got to know a few people a bit better.

I am not sure what my plans are for next year or beyond yet, but whatever happens, I certainly have some fond memories, met some great people, and there are some brilliant photos and videos knocking about. :D .
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Craig

Well looking back through posts, my first meet was only in July 2006, which was a good old TTF Mini Meet. It seems like it was so much longer ago than that when I first started randomly turning up :P

Can't really remember too much, although thankfully the thread's still around with the info on here.

I do remember Joel and I meeting Danza and Dean in FV just outside the Nemesis ORP booth. Can't remember when Ray, Nick and Kelly turned up as well. Danza had his milky hair, I made the old Kentucky Fried Duck gag in Katanga as well, much to the disgust of Kelly :P

There was of course the rather crazy ride on the teacups, which if I remember correctly was rather ummm spinny!

It's quite shocking to think its only about 14 months since that meet, especially when I look at the trips I've been on since then!
sammie04

After joining the forum I was very keen to come to a TTF meetup and was dissapointed I was not going to attend the very first one in october due to going to a friends halloween party.

So I set my sights on attending the 12th of March 2005 meetup. The closed season passed and I was getting more and more excited about it. Then finally the day arrived I remember being so nervous and hypo at the same time as me and Ant traveled down.

We were supposed to be meeting everyone by air but as per usual we were a little late :P . We got to air and by this time I was really nervous about meeting everyone I can remember walking around the corner and there they all were. The first people I spoke to was Craig and Kaycee and then Jay who I had to hug over a bin due to it being in the way. Next thing I know Craig was pulling me over to Kitty to compare our heights lmao.

The rest of the day is a blur but there are moments that will always be in my mind.
- Jay with the black hole sign
- Me and Rory dragging Martin on front row of Nemesis for his first ride
- Ant throwing Jay's teddy Paws in the Toyland Tours Water and we watched it bobbing along the whole way round till some kid saved it.

Had a great day that day was such a laugh and I couldn't wait for the next one. People I hung round with that day were YABBER YABBER Martin you can't shut him up :lol: , Jay, Rory and Stoky. I stayed with them most of the day because I spoke to them online and believe it or not I was too shy to talk to others lol.

Also found a few pics from that day.

Me and Rary outside Flume

Jay loving that sign a bit too much

Laughing about sign antics

Poor Paws floating through Toyland Tours

Paws

Me and Jay on skyride

All the group from behind

Skyride

Jay being Alton Towers tour guide for the day

Ant

Jay weighs himself
Ryan Kingdaka

My first official meet up was on 17th March 2007. I know i had met some people previously on the Towers treats and trails meet, but this was my first big meet up.

I was quite....ok....very nervous :lol: I remember getting out of bed at 5.00am on the Saturday morning and having second thoughts, but i decided to go ahead with it, as it would happen one day anyway so may aswell get it done. :P

I got to Alton for 11am after a crap bus journey from Hanley. First thing to do was go get my annual pass, so i bought my annual pass ticket from the ticket booths out side the park, then went straight to AP Office to get my AP sorted out.

I then called Lee Milthorpe (i think) and met him at the entrance to Hex. Everyone else was near the entrance to X Sector, so we headed off round there to find them all gassing on and the such. Gashead saw me and immediately knew who i was. Next thing: Ryan Gingerka, Ryan Kingofdecaslte, ginger..... As you can see....the start of a fantastic friendship.... :lol:

Then i think we all went on Oblivion, where i was being taunted by the cup of tea that i never got over me. Then me, Cod, Saz and Lee went off from the main group (i think) and went to do Forbidden Valley and Rapids.

I can't remember much from the day and some of that might be wrong :lol: But hey, i enjoyed myself and since then have started talking to people more and made some great friends.
Crofty

October 2004 was My and indeed TTF's first meetup. I think we were all a bit nervous that day but by the end of the day you would of thought we'd known each other for years!
I stayed at Kylies kitty's house the night before. I can't remember where we initially met up. I think it was the Tavern.
Infact, I can't remember an awful lot from the day at all lol. I was very quiet most of the day and talked mostly to Craig and Dave (phantom?.) I don't think I spoke to Saz or Kaycee at all in terms of conversation which is really odd as they are Two of my closest friends now :lol:
Wayne and Ade came later in the evening and much fun was had and friendhips formed in the Tavern disco before and after the fireworks.

Through the magic of modern technology ( New DVD drive :P ) I've managed to upload the meetup video for anyone who wishes to see it. Check out the sweet innocent faces (Stokywolf :P )

TTF October 2004

:D :D
PETER MOWBRAY

I am looking forward to my 2nd TTF meet this Autumn :D/ the first one was the joint venture with the BPB Guide that I Moderate on.
I found all the TTF members to be great fun and very lively which was nice.
I can remember Kaycee having her drink jazzed up with a fried chip kindly supplied by Nick :D
Peter
For the latest news and quality updates from Blackpool & The Pleasure Beach look here..
Click on the Domain..! [url=http://www.liveinblackpool.co.uk\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.liveinblackpool.co.uk[/url]
Big D

Well i remember my first meet, was opening day 2007 (march 17th?).

I remember phoning dean (what a great service for new people) and being told to meet everyone outside charlie. Nervously i amble up to charlie and see a huge mass of people. Well thats got to be them i tell myself and prepare to wander over.

Having seen some dancing dean videos i knew what he looked like so headed straight for him "come on then introduce yourselves im dave aka big d" i say. Then came a flurry of names which almost made my head explode!

Tha day was highly entertaining, some things perplexed my, like the sayance in hex, led by Sammie? I did later learn though that that is just what these crazy people do on these meets! There was no "i must ride this" or "we must ride it at least X times" the day was leisurely and everyone was very friendly. The group did take some moving though but like a falling rock once you got em moving they pick up the pace.

At some point though i got split from the main group, i think you all went for a kfc and i didnt. I ended up with Kingdaka, Cod, Lee, sazzle and kelly if my memory serves me correct. This group would eventually shorten further down to 4.

I did manage to get back to the group for the last couple of rides and the group photo. Which i still use as the desktop for my computer at work.

Overall i was satisfied with my first meet, i could put some names to faces, hopefully some could attach my face to my name also (if that makes sense?). I remember wishing i had talked to more people and at times had something a little more interesting to say but meh...

You lot must have done something right since i keep coming back for more, whether you want me there is a different story but i dont care, your stuck with me now! :lol:
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
Danzaw*nk

I just read over this topic, and it's just amazing how far some members on here have come! over 4 years some have been on here, crazy stuff. Some of the old pictures are hilarious too :P
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Jay18

what the f*ck? you all meet up too? FTW
[url=http://www.realworldoncanvas.com\" target=\"_blank]http://www.realworldoncanvas.com[/url]
Landscape/Historical/Abstract/Still life

The whole of TTF says thanks to Jay18 for this post
chr1s

Is there anyone else here who has yet to go on a TTF meet but is planning on to this year? I will be attending the TTF Scarefest meet this year and it will be my very first meet, very nervous times ;)

Anyone else planning on joining a meet for the first time this year?
Pepsi is better than Coke!!
Craig

[quote=""chr1s""]Is there anyone else here who has yet to go on a TTF meet but is planning on to this year? I will be attending the TTF Scarefest meet this year and it will be my very first meet, very nervous times ;)

Anyone else planning on joining a meet for the first time this year?[/quote]

My advice would be add a few people to MSN, have a chat to people and then just pop along to one! They can be very daunting these days with the number of people that attend. But, get chatting to a few people on msn first and you'll be absolutely fine when you meet up :).

It's almost 3 years since I did my first meet, and although they were a little smaller back then I can understand you ebing nervous. You'll soon settle in after coming on one though :D.
Kaycee

[quote=""chr1s""]Is there anyone else here who has yet to go on a TTF meet but is planning on to this year? I will be attending the TTF Scarefest meet this year and it will be my very first meet, very nervous times ;)

Anyone else planning on joining a meet for the first time this year?[/quote]

Every official meet usually has at least one or two new people - the last one had lots of new people! :D So don't worry, it's unlikely you'll be the only new person there. Follow Craig's advice and that's a great start. We're a friendly bunch and used to new people joining us now - and we don't bite (unless you ask us to ;))!
chr1s

Thanks guys I'm really looking forward to it meeting everyone, I'm always so jealous just how fun those meets sound, I must get some peoples msn address, I have dean's he's been very helpful and friendly, can't ask for anymore! I must get everyone elses address, and PM me if anyone wants to chat! :D
chr1s

I thought I'd bump this as my first TTF Meet is going to be the August Bank Holiday meet, is anyone having their first meet this year too?
Russell

Well I had my first meet at the unofficial 'Mini' meet a couple weeks back. I had a great time, wasn't quite as mini as I thought tho :) Everyone was so welcoming even though I was very quiet and shy. I guess the August meet will be my first big meet. See you all there! :D
Since April 2008
Dylan

I am hoping to get onto my first meet this season.
None of the dates so far have worked for me and I cant do August Bank Holiday, so hopefully there may be some 'mini' meets before Scarefest so I can get onto one of them.
The TTF Europe meets always sound really impressive from the reports, I would be very tempted to come along, especially to the Europa Park Terenzi meet...but it would probably be wise to try and get on an Alton meet before hand to get to know people!
Danzaw*nk

Lol, amazing how different the group pics are now. :P

My first meet, May 2006

March 2009

<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Dormiens-Dave

I had a great first meet at a mini meet in august, so good i went back for another one the next weekend. now ooking forward to my first official meet
SAM93

Well, I'm going to be making my first meet on the 17th of october for the first day of scarefest. I have hear nothing but good things about the meets and I really can't wait to meet everyone!

Out of curiosity is anybody else going to be making their first meet on the 17th?

Sam x