Your First Meet

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Danzaw*nk

I wasn't sure where to put this so I thought I'd put it in here :).

In this topic, basically, relive your first meet! Describe how different things are now to how they were back then? Who did you meet? What happened? Stuff like that.

Right, my first meet.

May 27th 2006 - MayHem Meet Up

Well, there are alot of happy memories from this. I can remember waking up in the morning and just being really scared, having second thoughts about going all by myself and all that. I plucked up the courage and got myself onto that train where I discussed with Adz the night before that i'd be meeting him at Luton train station.

I sat there waiting nervously and down he came the steps and everything was going great for the journey. Had some good chats! Got to the park and Adz contacted everyone, they were queuing for Rita and so we rode Nemesis quickly.

Next we walked over to meet everyone and they were by Hex which was the first ride we went on. I can remember Ray poking me going, 'Danzaman'.....'Danzaaaaman'....

I can remember doing Oblivion whilst introducing myself to Liam and several others. Also got to know Alex rather well that meet.

Errr, I remember getting some good talks in with Lon and .com and that sprung up a brilliant friendship aswell as ones with others :).

Also can remember morphing into Stephen Hawking over something and Gassy literally jizzing over it he he.

Erm, gah it's hard to remember now lol...oooh yeah! Kaycee being left alone in the gondola for the skyride and then the park having a power failure.

And that's more or less all I can remember except that it was an amazing day with loads of fun where I created friendships with people that I hope will last for life :D.

Some things are different now. Like some people aren't as existant and i've got to know alot more people since then. Lon and .com were probably the two people I spoke to most then, and are still excellent with now :D.

Oooooh I love TTF!!! and of course the meets :D.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
JammyC

Ah, great topic.,

Didn't realize you were so new dan.

Or that you live in luton, must take you ages to get to alton.

Well anyway:

SUMMER BPB AND TTF MEET UP

My first meet up was fairly brief. I woke up at 6am for a 7am depart from Cheltenham (which does have a reasonable population, contrary to popular belief) station.

I was heading to sunny sunny Blackpool. With cheesy virgin traisn radio music and virgin traisn plastic bacon roll in hand I endured 4 hours of trainage. :-s

When I finally arrived I met my contact (martynlfc) who was nice, also said high to kaycee. Bu =t before long, in what I can now see to be TTF tradition we wer off to the nearest bar. Not really knowing anyone I stood there looking like an idiot not reall saying anything to anyone for a good halff an hour lol.

Then we finally split into groups for some ridage. didnt go on anything decent that day :-( only had 4.5 hours on park. But when marky got his eyes on me, he introduced me too everyone, hes so great.

I have to say everyone looks soo much different to the mental pictures you build up of them whilst talking online. In particular dan (of the astro variety) was alot younger than anticipated, I had visions of him being really old.

Highlights:

-Meeting Liam (ttf celebrity)
-Tickling joel
-Having several photos taken of me, without me realising.
-meeting ant
-hearing my first wortho joke
-Basically just put great names to great faces :-)

I enjoyed all 4 hours of it and then had to head home.

Was great though. and have since attended 2 more meets.

Will be at scarefest too :-)

Thanks all you lot :-)
ImageImage
Danzaw*nk

[quote=""jammyC""]Ah, great topic.,

Didn't realize you were so new dan.

Or that you live in luton, must take you ages to get to alton. [/quote]

Lol, well, May 2006, newish :P.

Lol don't turn into Liam :lol: It's not Luton! It's 10 miles away he he :P Harpenden!!! :P

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Kaycee

I'm one of few surviving members of the very first official meet in October 2004! :P I believe there's only me, Gashead, Crofty, Saz, Dean and Ray/Stokywolf who've been there since the beginning? Aww I remember baby-faced little 14-year old Ray with his red Stoke shirt on so clearly, and now he's nearly 18, it's scary!

I don't remember much about it, but I remember Craig stayed over my house the night before, and we had to get the train to Wolverhampton, then the bus to AT, so didn't arrive till 10:30am. Then in typical Craig/Gashead fashion, we had to go to the Tavern. :roll: :P Sat in there for a while for chats and more and more people came.

Did some riding, I remember Craig telling Jay he better lose some weight in the next five minutes after the Skyride broke down whilst we were over UgLand (pre-Rita!). It was a cold day, but we got soaked on The Flume and Craig gave me his big black jacket to wear which made me look huge.

Remember Craig asking people to let him autograph their arms because he was the famous Gashead off TTF. :P We watched the Fireworks, then went for a bevvy in the Courtyard, where they were playing pop music and we raved with glow sticks haha.

Don't remember much more about it, but was cool. :)
Kelly

May 27th 2006 - MayHem Meet Up

Well my first 'big' meet.

So i arrived, i don't know around 10ish? I rang up Jase, who was my best mate, and we'd decided to go the meet together. He'd stayed over in Splash the night before with Neil. Anyway i rang him they were by Rita, so i walked up to meet them. I got there and i was greeted by Jase, Neil, Cameron, his brother, and Jay. Said hello to everyone and they went on Hex, while i think hung around with either...Jay or Cam, i can't quite remember.

Anyway i cant really remember much after that, i remember Nick turned up at some point after going home cus he lost his wallet or something. Anyway around sometime in Forbidden Valley, Jase and Neil decided to go to Cred Street, while i headed off with Nick, Cam, Jay, maybe Dave? Anyone i remember madness with Spork fights with Nick in KFC, then Spork fun on the Rapids. The i finally made it too the Tavern where the rest of the big group. The i think Nick introduced me, then people headed off to Spinball, i didn't really know anyone in the main group so i stuck with Nick, who then decided he didn't want to go on Spinball and we turned around for Rita instead, but bumped into Jase and Neil, then i cant remember. Anyway at some point me, Jase and Neil headed off for Cariba Creek.

Day two i arrived at 11, after texts from Jay and Nick, asking where the hell i was lol. I arrived, everyone was at the rapids, i saw Nick first so stuck by him, then i got a text from Jay asking where i was again, and i was right behind him lol. Ummm yeh cant remember much else, apart from going over FV with Nick, and sitting on the air rock for ages just talking, and him attempting to ruin my pictures of air by standing up in front of me lol.

Um Then i headed back on the Monday, the group was significantly smaller, but me and Jase still had fun, this is when i got to know Mark and Mark better. I remember lots of Laughs in Pizza Hut, with Uncle Dan telling Nick how to get money out of the bank or something. Then Mark helped me to get the courage to go on Hex, which i still feared. I spent the whole ride holding my bag up to know which way i was swinging lol.

Um yeh then i remember going to minimeet on the Thursday where me and Nick ended up getting together :P :D lol

I didn't think i could remember that much, but as i wrote it, it all came back to me.
Satch

TTF Camping it up 2, 2005. Fantastic meet up, where I ended up, very some certain sequence of events, sleeping in Crofty's car, despite having brought my own tent...

Was a great time, fantastic memories (skipping with Wayne by the lake), and some lovely lovely people - Kaycee, Craig, the Newcombes, and many other people I cant remember to name :P
Kaycee

Lmfao ^^ That meet-up was so good. I was so drunk and needed the toilet, but it was a long, dark way down a little country path, so I insisted on you and Wayne accompanying me to the toilet, where I proceeded to wee with the door open and in front of you guys. :P:P SO DRUNK, I am not normally like that. But then it was your turn LOL :lol: Great times.
Satch

The less said about that the better! Those who want to know the size of my manhood need only ask ME, not Kaycee as anything she says will be a fabrication of her drunkeness!

Lol, I almost forgot about your pants as well.... it seemed to be the occasion for showing various body parts. We just dont seem to have that level of fun anymore, probably as MahGaritas is more stringent on having fun
evil cod

Well Im quite new ttf meetwise compared to those old folks remenising above.

Mayfest 2006 I think it was.

Headed by myself on the train from Sheffield, got to Derby, wondering how I was going to meet people at the park, when I saw someone on the same platform as me for the uttox train, was sure I recognised her from pictures on TTF, now just needed some confirmation (or to remember her name!). Which basically just left me at derby station looking like **** (i dont do mornings) staring at this girl, she noticed supprisingly quickly and looked a little scared, oops. It took all the way to the bus queue at Uttox station for me to work out it was our own Saz. Introduced myself to her and the random guy she was talking to about internet forums (some guy from ATA). Saz then basically ensured I met everyone and was introduced to them. Spent quite abit of time talking to Gashead, Kaycee and Saz as well as afew others. Then with the main group did rides and spent alot of time in the tav, making me realise just how easy it is to mix the best things in life (rides and drink.... maybe company too but id say thats a deffinate 3rd place)and ended up travelling back with the random ATA guy. Happy times! Took me afew more meets to feel fully comfortable thou, you lot are pretty damn scary!
DanB

My first meet was the 25th & 26th September.

I joined because i wanted to visit different types of parks as i'd become bored of Alton Towers. However i thought it best i go to a towers meet and say hello and get to know whos who. I was concerned it was going to a be a bit geeky and it wasn't. It was really busy but i wasn't bothered by that, i'd had a great few days

I visited on the Sunday & Monday with joel and really enjoyed it and realised i'd probably gotten bored of the towers cause the people i was going with either didn't want to go on certain rides or we just whored the rides.

TTF takes it easy doing rides now and again and i prefer it like that. After my first meet i knew i'd be back so have now got an annual pass and confirmed quite a few more visits.

I've got some visits booked where Joel/Craig aren't going and i'm used to tagging along with them, so it will be a bit diffrent but i'm looking forward to getting to know everyone a bit better

There are loads of members and it can be confusing whos who or even to get the chance to speak to someone. You've all been very welcoming!
Sazzle

Man... 2004 first ever meet-up! My tale is somewhat similar to Kaycee's except I spent the day with my then boyfriend.. What a disaster that was in the end :roll: lmao. I nicked Dean's chips and ended up burning my mouth on them (someone has a picture of that I think!), met Ade who I was then very VERY close to, met Wayne who again I was very close to, and met new faces such as Jay13 (I think he was 13 then??), Gashead, Kaycee, LordKotowa (Dave), Kitty, Crofty and sooo many more... STOKE SCUM??? :D <3 Ray.

Fantastic night in the Tavern Courtyard having a chat and a good laugh with everyone.. Unfortunately only a handful of those guys are still around, but I feel so lucky to still have them close to me. Kaycee and I hated each other this time 3 years ago.. I can't quite imagine it after having been to Germany and all the rest of it, now!

I'm so glad to have been part of this community for so long :).
Rory

My first meet was Opening Day 2005 - the second ever meet. Very similar to Saz and Kaycee in the aspect that there isnt really that many people left from that meetup, to name them - Saz, Kaycee, Gashead, Williscroft, Martin, Stoky, Sammie, Ant, Locker, Dean. Loads of others have faded away - Kitty, Ade, Bailey, Wayne, Jay ....

Had a really great day and met many new friends and am still goign strong on the meetups, 2/3 years on I have been on about 7/8 meets :D
Sazzle

I *think* these are from the 2005 meet? I honestly don't know :( any help would be appreciated!

Kaycee

August 6th/7th 2005. :)
Sazzle

Awh crud - at least I was right on the year! Lol.

Does anyone have the first 2005 meet pictures? I'd be well interested in seeing them :D
Kaycee

March 12th 2005? Think Crofty and Wayne had some on their photobuckets - happy digging round for the links. :P God, I remember that meet, was so ill with tonsillitus, could barely speak.
Satch

Oh God Saz, that is just the biggest embarrassment ever with those photographs! Delete!
Rory

Ive foudn the topic - http://www.towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewt ... &start=105 but the picture links dont seem to work!
Dean

Wish the meet ups were as good as they were back in day, with everyone working there now, we've lost quite a few good peeps, who I liked ect. Or some people have just gone off me who knows, peeps aren't as chaty as they used to be, in my eyes & regarding myself.

So this year i've found meets very hard work, I think it's time to call it a day at the end of the season.
Last edited by Dean on Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evil cod

On behalf of all the people how have started going in the last 2 years, I would just like to say thank you, dean! Make us feel really wanted!