YourDay: News and Updates

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
JamieDeath

Hello, sorry for bumping this semi-old topic, I brought a yourday full film today, am i aloud to put it on youtube? as some of my friends would like to watch it and also how would i go about doing this as the files are all in weird formats on the disc?
Wes

There are loads of YourDay videos on Youtube so I don't see why not.

You need to Rip the DVD with a program such as Free DVD Ripper which will then automatically change the file type for you.
JamieDeath

Ok, thanks il give it a try, i tried it earlier with some other ripped but it just ripped the intro vid 13 times
AstroDan

Flume and Rapids, along with Katanga and Gloomy Wood walkabout are expected online shortly.
JamieDeath

[quote=""Wes""]There are loads of YourDay videos on Youtube so I don't see why not.

You need to Rip the DVD with a program such as Free DVD Ripper which will then automatically change the file type for you.[/quote]

Thanks alot for that, only program that I used that worked.

[quote=""AstroDan""]
Flume and Rapids, along with Katanga and Gloomy Wood walkabout are expected online shortly.
[/quote]

I was told the other day that the wrist bands or what ever they are called are not water proof, so maybe that was the reason they havent been in operation on them yet ... or maybe its because they have different timings depending on how much people are on the boat etc. SO good news to here there going to be on soon
stigzy

Tbh, I don't know why, or can't think up a reason at least as to why the area camera's couldn't of been put online a lot sooner...!
kingcriplet

[quote=""stigzy""]Something like that, I think its more down to the timing of the boats. For example on the Rapids, if you get a bunch of fatties in one boat, it has been known to slow the boat down.[/quote]

That really did make me LOL :D So PC haha 8)
AstroDan

[quote=""stigzy""]Tbh, I don't know why, or can't think up a reason at least as to why the area camera's couldn't of been put online a lot sooner...![/quote]

It is because they are completely linked in with the camera's on the rides - for example: Gloomy Wood/Katanga walk about links to the Rapids camera. So if the Rapids aren't online, neither will the walk about ones be.

Towers Street and X-Sector walk about have been working for some time now.

:)
Squiggles

[quote=""AstroDan""]Flume and Rapids, along with Katanga and Gloomy Wood walkabout are expected online shortly.[/quote]

Really? It struck me they seem to have somewhat given up on getting the water rides online, as it seems that almost none of the Yourday advertising seems to include them. (you have to look really hard on their website now to find reference to either of them).

Any idea on how long they're thinking it will take?
Edwardo..... move me!
X-sector wonderer

Experienced YourDay at Alton Towers and, it needs plenty of improvement. It only picked up properly on Nemesis and Rita, on the other rides, there are no 'Activation' instructions and the 'Activation' sign is still at the Rapids, even though the YourDay cameras are not active there.
serious sam!

When i went to alton towers last i tried the your day thingy. So i got that thing that goes round your wrist then i went round the park on all the coasters, then at the end of the day i didn't spend any of my money to make sure i had enough for it then i go to collect it and they told me and my brother that they had both failed :x
has anyone else had that done to them?
Johno

The Flume is now available on YourDay!
AstroDan

They should soon be using new chips in the wristbands to increase capture.

Good news about Flume. They are working on Rapids at the moment and this should also be online shortly!

:)
Quickey

Things are finally looking up for Your Day!

I just hope they update the old footage from the 2006 season soon.
Skumfidus

Is it still the case that they don't include any footage other then the tiny clips of you on the ride, no stock?

To me that seems awful!
AstroDan

It's what guests wanted. Seems odd to me, but they literally got overwhelming feedback and guests wanted their rides - not random clips.
Quickey

What!!!! So there is no stock footage!?!? Doesn’t that mean that the DVD’s are going to be really short now?
Kaycee

There IS stock footage. When you put the DVD on, it'll come up with lots of different titles. You can skip the stock footage, that's all, but it is on there.

AstroDan and I very recently went to go meet some YourDay representatives behind the scenes and we tested the product out, we'll be posting soon about our day. :)
Alex Tyler
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

[quote=""Johno""]The Flume is now available on YourDay![/quote]

When did it come online?

I went on the 30th and only 6 rides were working.
Rob L

Good to hear that it's working on the Flume now, it's taken them a long time to get it running though. Better late than never.