YourDay: News and Updates

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Stu

No they can't force you to wear wristbands, due to human rights etc.
And if people are worred about being watched, don't worry, your not being watched really and all the footage from each day gets deleted at the end of the day, or after 24 hours i think they said. And no one is being watched, the file will be recorded and stored in a file then used if needed, or just deleted if after 24 hours it's not. This whole system is purly digital and no tapes will be used, it all stored on hard drives, (BIG ONES!) And even then, they wont be able to store them for more than 24 hours, cost them too much in storage. Though i think i said it somewhere, but i think this is only going to be tarted up CCTV footage, but like others have said, still better than just a picture maybe. Hope they put some cam's around Ripsaw. :)

we shell see.. and Max - ledgend, thanks for naming that song!!
Craig

Oh yeah they'll try to persuade you, exactly in the same way they'll try to persuade you to buy fast track tickets, I can't see it being a major issue. there's nothing to stop you accespting the band and the removing it too. At the moment, there's no cameras up, the mountings are there on the poles but no actual cameras. I know what you mean about the vandalism thing Kelly, but I would think it should be ok as they'll probably be seen as standard CCTV cameras by our chav friends.
Ash

I think you will pick them up from Guest Services as it will be heavily advertised, and the wristbands look like large wrist watches so no doubt expensive if they are lost or not returned!

Also you will have to register the wristband to the person etc. You may even get them from the Your Day shop?
Nick

Probably the Your Day shop, Guest Services probably couldn't cope with a lot of extra traffic
Thom

[quote=""Craig""]and no cameras have been installed yet either.[/quote]

Spinball's camera have been installed. There's now hideous boxes and poles and cameras and the block brakes everywhere! An ugly ride just got worse!

Thom...
oli3032

Good that they have made a start then :) , hopefully it won't be too long before it's up and running.

Oli x
Nemesis at Alton Towers, Sit Back, It\'s Fright Time!
Wes

It will be here early May.
Ash

If you look on the website, you can practically watch the entire DVD :D

They have shots from all the camera positions, like a mock up of it for Flume, Nemesis, Oblivion, Air, Rapids, Spinball

I cant wait to get one :D
Hark

I would like to get one but I want to see someone else's so Im hoping one of you will shoove it on youtube and get some snaps of the wristband :)
Hark

As stated in an earlier post..

The site says Late April but Im sure it will be 'pushed back' a few weeks like everything new this year.
Nick

I got told today it was going to be Friday when it starts. Don't know how true that is, but the camera's are now being installed
Thom

The site now actually says Early May!

Thom... :)
stokywolf

It wont be friday, the building isn't completed yet. It will be early may.

The wristbands i'v seen are like a normal watch but just imagine the face of the watch sticks about 1 1/2 c.m out, is grey and has a yourday logo on.

I'm not sure how heavy it would feel, it may be very light, but they do look rather bulky :?.

The rita speeding ticket can be purchased at an additional £3 on top of a shortcut ticket which are £7.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
rita's girl

sorry to sound dumb but what is the rita speeding ticket????
Me x
Nick

Shortcut ticket for Rita
plasticboy

I though the small square boxes were the cameras?

Like the ones as you leave the oblivion station and over the far side of the rita station? or are these just some sort of sensors?
Nick

They are the RFID sensors
stokywolf

May 7th looks the probabable day for opening.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Squiggles

Haha... sounds about right... on Thursday when we asked the yourday staff were saying 'next tuesday'!!! Bless their optimism... but... umm... no!

:lol: :lol:
Edwardo..... move me!
Dave

well the construction seems ot of stopped outside the new shop now. so it must just be a case of fitting it out.. i was quite excited to see the camersa installed on thier poles today! :)...
please dont hit me ray...