YourDay: News and Updates

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
altontowers1

£20 for 5 MINUTES of footage :shock: !!!!.

Your joking right :?: .

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc
Sanbrooke Productions

[quote=""altontowers1""]£20 for 5 MINUTES of footage :shock: !!!!.

x
[/quote]

yeah it's around 15 minutes stock footage and 5 minutes of actual you. It's awful. On the single ride dvd theres barley 30 seconds of you on it. :(
NF2

Not 5 minutes of personal footage, 5 minutes in total! I would never have bought it if i'd known they would leave all the stock footage out! Should I email them in complaint or should I just leave it?
Rob L

I really wouldn't be pleased if I'd payed £20 for only 5 minutes of footage in total, so I think you should consider emailing them. It would be good if you paid a certain amount per ride you want on the DVD, as it's not really fair if two different people pay £20, and one person has a 20 minute DVD with all the rides on and the other only had about 5 minutes with only two of the rides on.

Jon

You could have paid £15 for the three rides seperatly! These new "services" yourday are providing this year seem only to have confused a system that was already pretty frail. I can't for the life of me understand how difficulties haven't been ironed out over the closed season when they new they hadn't got off to a good start in 2007. I can't wait for Picsolve to wipe the board with them, I really can't.
Formerly "Dagoo"
NF2

Unfortunately I think Picsolve will eventually buy them out, which is a shame as it's a good concept which Alton put alot of money into. It was just executed poorly. With Oblivion Onride Videos on the way (one shuttle already has cameras on the bar of the front row), I think Yourday may fade slowly into obseletion.
amylovesaltontowers

[quote=""AT Fan""][quote=""altontowers1""]£20 for 5 MINUTES of footage :shock: !!!!.

x
[/quote]

yeah it's around 15 minutes stock footage and 5 minutes of actual you. It's awful. On the single ride dvd theres barley 30 seconds of you on it. :([/quote]

This is why i don't get people who say you might aswell buy a single Yourday dvd other than a ride photo because it is a pound cheaper. When in fact you would be better paying an extra pound and buying a ride photo because at least you get footage of yourself on the ride, where as on a yourday dvd you mostly get footage of youself on the brake run or the lift hill!!
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'
Thom

Just to make it clear, such as saving on a Single Ride DVD is no longer the case as Single Ride DVDs are now £8.99

However, go to the YourDay shop before 3pm and buy a full DVD, you'll get a single ride DVD free of charge.

Thom...
Corkscrewed

That is simply unbelivable.... Screw YourDay, I'm gonna stick to Ride Photos Thank you very much!
amylovesaltontowers

[quote=""Thom""]Just to make it clear, such as saving on a Single Ride DVD is no longer the case as Single Ride DVDs are now £8.99

However, go to the YourDay shop before 3pm and buy a full DVD, you'll get a single ride DVD free of charge.

Thom...[/quote]

I thought 4.99 was a rip off for what your actually getting!!
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'
AstroDan

£8.99 is extremely poor value for money.

:(
Johno

There's no way that Yourday will manage this at At unless:

They offer people:

- to buy their DVD at the end of the ride, then they can pick it up at the end of the day (single dvds)

- it needs to be cheaper than an onride photo

- Everybody needs to be given a wristband!
Rob L

£8.99 for one ride is a complete rip off, I'd rather have a ride photo. YourDay may suddenly see a drop in sales for single ride DVDs, and I hope they do as £8.99 is a stupid price.

Jon

I don't break rules, and I'd hate to threaten the safety of myself and others around me, but if I really wanted footage of myself on a ride, I'd whip my phone out on a lifthill and do a better job than 10 seconds of shoddy quality on a 2 minutes video for just under a tenner.
Formerly "Dagoo"
altontowers1

I would love the idea of your day if all 8 rides were working and fully operating on the your day dvd!.

And it was atleast 20 minutes of footage if not more...

I cant belive you only get 5 minutes of footage on the single and its for one ride complete and utter rip-off, i think im right in saying that :roll: .

Geeze alton!.

:)

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc
stokywolf

[quote=""NF2""]I don't think it's the rides themselves that are the problem, there are some quite complicated Yourday guidelines that me and my friend were told by the man in the shop in order for it to work, these were:

1) Nothing can cover the wristband.
2) The wristband must be touching your skin
3) The nearer you are to the camera the more likely it is to work.
4) The cameras are better at detecting you if you wave at them (that could have just been a ploy to get us to look like retards though :D)

As we did not know these tips, our wristbands only picked up 3 rides, i got Nemmy and Rita and he got Rita and Oblivion, we were in the front right next to the cameras on all 3. Air didn't work as we stalled on the lift hill so it captured too much footage, and the other 4 just didn't work for some reason which I am unaware of.[/quote]

The first time i actually checked out the system the other day after a friend of mine on yourday wanted me to do a little experiment. Wear one wristband on my wrist and another one in my pocket (I had a total of 8 pockets on me but opted in my left breast pocket) the other band was on my left wrist. (I picked a third band up later on and put it in my right breast pocket)

After not phyiscally shaking my wrist in a rude gesturing way towards a nearby ride host or shaking my torso like i was trying to do an unflattering boob dance. The 3 rides Oblivion, Nemesis and Rita all recorded effectivly on the Wristband on my wrist and in one of the pockets, the other only managed two after having the same experience on all the rides that the other 2 had. This effectively rules out number 1 and 2 that the yourday chap had told you as the bands still recorded.

Number 3 yells to me that the cameras aren't efficiently set up?
Surely the panels are what the guests need to be closer to, not the actual cameras?

The whole number 4 scenario started last year when desparatly trying to get the system to work. Although i think it is a good ploy to get the guests too remember that they can get the opportunity for them too work and to remember about the product through out the day. (it's more memorable if it's been something physical)

Prepare yourself Yourday readers :wink::
I was slightly impressed with the previews being available it did actually make it want to be bought, was expecting the preview to be a bit well previewable instead of 5 seconds long though
(I tried to not put a bit of criticism in but what would you expect from me?)

[quote=""rob 92""]
YourDay may suddenly see a drop in sales for single ride DVDs[/quote]
:P

Sorry needed to have a chat about yourday haven't had one in a while.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Squiggles

I think after the e-mail they sent out yesterday it's pretty safe to say YourDay isn't yet operational on the Flume or Rapids. (And it makes it seem that they may well not be operational for some time to come)
Edwardo..... move me!
Rob L

[quote=""Squid Lips Squiggs""]
I think after the e-mail they sent out yesterday it's pretty safe to say YourDay isn't yet operational on the Flume or Rapids. (And it makes it seem that they may well not be operational for some time to come)[/quote]

I noticed that as well, it's been over a year since they started setting up YourDay and they still haven't got it working on those two rides which isn't very good. It would work well on the Rapids as you would have lots of on-ride footage, the cameras can be placed all around the ride.

Jon

What is the main problem with the water rides? The fact that the boats are more constant than all the other rides?
Formerly "Dagoo"
stigzy

Something like that, I think its more down to the timing of the boats. For example on the Rapids, if you get a bunch of fatties in one boat, it has been known to slow the boat down.