Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Matt 125

I read on Tussauds Zone that there are rumours that next year at Thorpe Park, the Logger's Leap is to be re-themed by Imperial Leather. I can't beleive they are even thinking about it! They can't ruin this classic Thorpe Park ride which has literally been around for ages.

Matt :D
Joe from the IOW

[quote=""Lewis""]Hmmm I dunno. They did a pretty good job with The Flume IMO, but they'll have to do something unique so it'll be quite interesting :D .[/quote]
i agree, when i went to chessinton last i went on the bubble works, although the scenes were very interesting they were a bit dated and the only good bit was the fountain room, so i hope the keep that. although when i went one ofthe fountains had bent down and got us soaked!

[quote=""Mattez125""]I read on Tussauds Zone that there are rumours that next year at Thorpe Park, the Logger's Leap is to be re-themed by Imperial Leather. I can't beleive they are even thinking about it! They can't ruin this classic Thorpe Park ride which has literally been around for ages.

Matt :D[/quote]
I NO! they can't do that, all they need to do is update some of the temeing, but still keep the theme of the ride!

[Liam - Please you the Image button in future rather than posting twice]
For all the Latest News and Media on the Isle of Wight\'s favorite attraction visit . . .

www.behindthechine.i8.com
Beaver Dude

I read on Tussauds Zone that there are rumours that next year at Thorpe Park, the Logger's Leap is to be re-themed by Imperial Leather. I can't beleive they are even thinking about it! They can't ruin this classic Thorpe Park ride which has literally been around for ages.
But they've redone the BW's which is way more of a classic than Loggers Leap.
i agree, when i went to chessinton last i went on the bubble works, although the scenes were very interesting they were a bit dated and the only good bit was the fountain room, so i hope the keep that. although when i went one ofthe fountains had bent down and got us soaked!
You didn't like the scenes before!? Then avoid the new ride like the plague. Actually I'd advise everyone to avoid this ride like the plague.
Ant

A Video of the new Bubble Works has been put up by someone on the Southparks forum heres the link
http://www.mgprouk.com/may/

I must say I was very shocked and disturbed by what this video shows the amount of things that move in the ride is appauling and the Fountain Final what can I say :x :shock: :cry:
CGM

That is both shocking and disturbing
Matt 125

But they've redone the BW's which is way more of a classic than Loggers Leap.
I said a Thorpe Park classic. But yeh. Bubbleworks is more of a classic.

AstroDan

To be fair, Imperial Leather theming can work in some ways, and not in others. Bubbleworks is clearly designed as an immersive dark boat ride. As a result, the Imperial Leather theme just completely overpowers everything in there and leaves you shocked and dissapointed.

On the Flume however, it is very different. It is in much better condition nowadays than it was in the years leading up to the re-theme. I don't find Flume to in your face for example (there are ducks dotted about, the only place where it is in your face advertising is on the front of the boat which you can't see during the ride anyway!). The duck in the tunnel is a great addition as are the bath tubs and showers! If it is either a) Imperial Leather theming on the Flume or b) No flume at all, no replacement either then I would certainly go for a).

I understand the fuss over Chessington's ride, but any fuss over the Flume I don't really get, I find it cheesy, but in a good way!
Adz
Admin
Admin

[quote=""Mattez125""]I read on Tussauds Zone that there are rumours that next year at Thorpe Park, the Logger's Leap is to be re-themed by Imperial Leather. I can't beleive they are even thinking about it! They can't ruin this classic Thorpe Park ride which has literally been around for ages.

Matt :D[/quote]

Just to let you know. It's total bollocks.
Adam2

I have always hated the way the bubbleworks is in Transylvania, it is so lame, it should be somewhere else! I havent been on the new look bubbleworks but I think it needed a re-theme, I was so over it!
[Signature Removed by Admin - Too Big]
Beaver Dude

I have always hated the way the bubbleworks is in Transylvania, it is so lame, it should be somewhere else! I havent been on the new look bubbleworks but I think it needed a re-theme, I was so over it!
It fit in quite well originally as there's no reason a fizzy factory can't be in Transalvania. Care to say why it needed a retheme? I think it's one of Tussauds worst dessisions ever.
rctom

I read somewhere that they have changed the ending and you dont get as many water fountains :( . What have the queues been like as i am going soon and thinking is it worth even going on this ride.

oh and what does gp mean. :?: :?
Adz
Admin
Admin

The fountains are the same. Infact there is more with the addition of several shower heads.

gp means general public. But i get annoyed when 'enthusiasts' use that term, as erm, were the general public too really.
rctom

i was soo close i thought it meant great public.

does this ride have an onride photo i can not rememmber bubbleworks having one but its a new atttraction and they want money. and does this ride have a story or an place. i mean bw was a fizzy drinks factory and u went inside it. and now its a building with lots of ducks its just totaly random. plus it dosent realy fit into Transylvania when it kind of did.
AstroDan

I have just watched a Dragons Fury On-Ride and, having never been to Chessington WOA I have to say - it looks like one great Spinner! Looks much better than Spinball, mainly because it is a better colour and appears to be themed better.

Anyone care to enlighten me on Dragon's Fury? Is it any good? I really want to go to Chessington now!
MJT

I've been on Dragons Fury and its a great ride but i dont think its any better than Spinball.
Thomas

Looks great and well themed, can i ask what site you got the on-ride video from? :D
Thomas

Cheers for that :W , theres some great videos on there like the mamba one. :D
Matt 125

It seems so much longer and has lots more drops! Hopefully I will be able to go to Chessie later this week or if not then the summer! I havn't been since 2003 and I only live 1hr and 30mins away!

Andyc Nemesis

It is so much better than spinball. The ride is longer, and is far more enjoyable as it travels round the park more. Themeing is better than Spinball too, which does not say much, as spinball has awarful theming in my opinion.