Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Tom_Skeleton

Updates my children.

Images and More

:wink:
Luke excell

I must say the construction has been kept at a very low key compared to stealth and charlie and the chocolate factory only impressions have come threw

hopeful we wont get 2 soaked on it or ill be really pooed off :|
Last edited by Luke excell on Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

right, this is everythin i feared! the first room looks liek a cross between the deal/no deal studion and a bathroom! and too meny ducks!! i was hopeing that this reteme was for the best but now i think that this is going 2 be awfull!! i hope that the fairgorunds still there but it's bound to have ducks riding it :x
also the founts are part of chessingtons! on of my first memorys of the park from when i was young so i hope that they are as good as eva

david

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

TenZero

To me it looks exactly the same as Bubbleworks with some foam, ducks and sign writing in places.
robbeal

It could've been a lot worse. Personally, I wasn't bothered about this retheme, I don't seem to be quite as attached to it as some people are, but its definitely not been just, erm, 'duckified', its just been brightened up a bit and kept its kiddie/family fun style. I'm fairly confident it'll turn out okay.
Anonymous

i think all they are going to do is change the colour and puts some ducks around the place and they will be imperal leather all around the place! :x
nasha

Forget the change to the theme people is the smell gonna be the same or are they gonna fill our lungs with soap?
:x :x :x
Ant

Pictures of the new painted exterior which I think looks very bad bit to bright and the colours dont seem to match for my likeing.

Heres link its halfway down the page
http://www.coasterforce.com/cf-info/vie ... 845#139845
sammie04

The colour is bad its a mixture of bad colours its still the old colour with added colours which just make it look wrong.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Really fits in the Transylvania area don't you think?

*sigh*
Jnewcombe

ive never been to chessington but may pop there half day when im going thorpe this year , hopefully they havent ruined a classic ride , i can tell by the pictures and comments that bubbleworks was very good

Jon
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!
Redcoat Jase

I've never been to Chessington, let alone on Bubbleworks, but it doesn't look too bad to be honest. :lol:
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Ruby

Just because a ride is endorsed by a big company, doesnt mean we will buy their products! Thats what TV adverts are for, not theme parks! :evil:
Anonymous

But it's publicity, isn't it - thousands of people will see that brand name every day at Chessington - it's really effective for getting the name out there. I should imagine it will heftily increase sales, that's why it would cost so much to sponsor a ride. :)

I only went on Bubbleworks a matter of two or three times, but I can see why people really loved it. I don't think the ride experience is really going to change that much, which is good! I'll be interested to see how it's different.
Fanta

It will be better then the Tidal sponsorship. For a start bubbleworks won't have the Cussons Imperial leather plastsered over every nook and cranny of the ride. the sponsorship will be there, but not in your face.
Ant

A Video of the new Bubbleworks has appeared online. What was Chessington thinking thats all I can say its a disaster :x :x :x. Theres been alot of comments around forums about the new Bubble works and none are good.

http://www.aquahosts.org/Videos/Bubblew ... eworks.php
CGM

Arrrg! the ducks are coming. Now I believe Duckman! In the video I thought that it looked a bit sinister rather than inviting and fun. The atmosphere has just been completely wrecked by rubber ducks. When will Tussaud's learn that ducks are not the answer
TenZero

Argh is horrible, especially all the quacks in the soundtrack. The ducks blatently ruin it, pretty much a half arsed attemt at a better Bubbleworks. This ride would have been better without sponsership.
doom+sons1988

Chessingtons' really got the short straw this season. That's horrid, it's like a really long flume tunnel.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
stokywolf

Anyone go to the annual pass day today? If so please tell us all how the not so popolicous Bubbleworks is?

I'v read a few reports about it and my god it doesn't sound pretty from what everyone raved as a great ride.

If i'm there this season, i'll be gutted that i'm riding the aftermath of a once called good ride.

Edit: this edit has a point
Last edited by stokywolf on Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz