Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
rainbowryder

The Blue Barnacle is not yet listed under the attractions on the website. I wonder when the original opening date was planned to be for. The other two additions for 2020 are listed. 
Dan

rainbowryder wrote:The Blue Barnacle is not yet listed under the attractions on the website. I wonder when the original opening date was planned to be for. The other two additions for 2020 are listed. 
The below has been added to the General Ride & Attraction Information section of the FAQ on Chessington’s website.

Chris
Admin
Admin

Did you know that Tiger Rock, the Mack Rides log flume at Chessington was originally going to be part of an Egyptian themed area, before Mystic East and Dragon River were chosen as the final concept?

Click the link and head over to the SouthParks website to view photos of a fascinating model of the proposed concept, designed by John Wardley.

https://www.southparks.co.uk/history/th ... stic-east/

Dan

As reported on SouthParks social media; Thorpe Park Resort and Chessington World of Adventures Resort have updated their websites to confirm that, in line with current government guidance, they expect to be able to reopen from 4th July 2020.

Guests are advised to look out in the coming weeks for further information around opening times, as well as updated FAQ’s around the health, safety and operational measures that will be in place when the theme parks reopen.
Morgan

As reported on Southparks FacebookMerlin Attractions Operations Limited have filed a new UK trademark for 'CROC DROP'.

Could this be the name of Chessington World of Adventures Resort's new drop tower, which is currently under construction and set to open in 2021?
ATI

I feel Merlin is investing quite a lot into Chessington as of the last few years, and next year. Wouldn't surprise me if we see a new coaster down the line. The park really lacks a small-scale kiddie coaster, and a newer family-thrill coaster. Really hope those plans of the park adding an Intamin family launch, ala Juvelen, come to fruition at some point.
We were born to fly...
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Chessington posted the following teaser image on their social media channels today:

Chris
Admin
Admin

Check out construction progress from today on the SouthParks website here.

Chickendipper

Hi all,

I have been trying to book tickets with my Merlin pass for Chessington World of Adventures today but when I enter my pass details it says there is no space till next month but when I try and book tickets without passes paying full price it shows there is space.

I have a premium pass so it’s not down to that. I know that the total park numbers are restricted but does anyone know if they are restricting pass holder numbers as well?

Hope this makes sense and thanks for any help.
Last edited by Dan on Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct topic
Dan

Chickendipper wrote:Hi all,

I have been trying to book tickets with my Merlin pass for Chessington World of Adventures today but when I enter my pass details it says there is no space till next month but when I try and book tickets without passes paying full price it shows there is space.

I have a premium pass so it’s not down to that. I know that the total park numbers are restricted but does anyone know if they are restricting pass holder numbers as well?

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

The parks have different allocations for passholder pre-books and standard day tickets, so what you’re seeing are days where there are day tickets available but the passholder pre-books have sold out.

There have been occasions where extra pre-book tickets have been made available if day ticket sales are low but this doesn’t tend to get done until close to the day in question.
Morgan

Chessington have extended their theme park season, with the park now open until 4pm on Fridays through Mondays in November, until November 29th.

Will you be making the most of this extension?

Hanwev

Just wondered if anyone has done this or knows if you can do this.... We brought our merlin passes recently but haven't been able to book up a slot for a day trip as its always booked up BUT you can still go if you're paying for a standard day ticket! I didn't pay all that money to not be able to go when we could've just stuck to paying when we turn up.

My question is does anyone know if I buy standard day tickets can I then get a refund on the day if we arrive with our passes? I know you can upgrade a day ticket to a pass and refund you so why couldn't they refund us for already having one?

It says on site it's to stop people not turning up, we want to turn up but can't!! It's so frustrating!!

Any help on this would be great!
Last edited by Dan on Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
Dan

Hanwev wrote:Just wondered if anyone has done this or knows if you can do this.... We brought our merlin passes recently but haven't been able to book up a slot for a day trip as its always booked up BUT you can still go if you're paying for a standard day ticket! I didn't pay all that money to not be able to go when we could've just stuck to paying when we turn up.

My question is does anyone know if I buy standard day tickets can I then get a refund on the day if we arrive with our passes? I know you can upgrade a day ticket to a pass and refund you so why couldn't they refund us for already having one?

It says on site it's to stop people not turning up, we want to turn up but can't!! It's so frustrating!!

Any help on this would be great!
Day tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable, so it’s highly unlikely you’d be able to do what you’re suggesting successfully.

It may be worth getting in contact with Chessington directly and seeing what they say.
Hanwev

Chickendipper wrote:Hi all,

I'm having the same problem, it's so frustrating!

I get they're trying to keep numbers down but surely it doesn't matter if you have a pass or paid entry. We're trying to find out if we buy a day ticket can we then get a refund if we bring our passes. They probably won't but otherwise it seems you can never get a bloody slot!

I hope you managed to figure yours out :)
Dan

As has already been mentioned, the parks have different allocations for day tickets and passholder pre-books.

More MAP tickets have been known to be released at the last minute if there are a decent number of day tickets left for a specific day, but there’s no way of guaranteeing when/if it’ll happen and the only way to know is to keep checking the website.

It’s far from an ideal situation, hopefully now we’re moving into off-peak season the parks will look at shuffling the allocations round to make more available for MAP holders.
ColaRoaster

It's great to see many effects working and the new music by Nick Hutson's music incredible, I think Chessington struck gold by contracting him. It's also a lot darker now which is cool.
rainbowryder

I went on Tomb Blaster back at the beginning of August and most of the targets weren't turned on and half of the effects were not working. I was so disappointed after hearing that the ride received a revamp. 
Jared

rainbowryder wrote:I went on Tomb Blaster back at the beginning of August and most of the targets weren't turned on and half of the effects were not working. I was so disappointed after hearing that the ride received a revamp. 
A large number of the targets have been turned off on purpose as part of the changes to the ride's narrative... It's all in an effort to make the ride darker. All of the effects were working when I went on it on August 4th. You must've had an off day. Even the boulder was working, which is astonishing considering how temperamental that thing is.
Mattovey1984

What date does the Theme Park rides shut this year? Or do they operate until the close for Christmas?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Mattovey1984 wrote:What date does the Theme Park rides shut this year? Or do they operate until the close for Christmas?
Chessington have extended their theme park season until Saturday 28th November this year (although closed on Tuesday - Thursday in November), with Sunday 29th now a passholder exclusive day.