Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Burniel

bensaund wrote: Move Quantum from Thorpe to Chessie, easily done.
Thank you! I like quantum, but it's in a thrill park, and so it seems small. Put it in somewhere like chessington, it would be a hit, hands down.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
RCandrew

Ilovecoasters wrote:
Thank you! I like quantum, but it's in a thrill park, and so it seems small. Put it in somewhere like chessington, it would be a hit, hands down.
When my family went to thorpe park, quantum was one of the only rides my little brother could enjoy..

I know it's a park for thrill seekers but family will still go and have younger children, so they need something!
Burniel

RCandrew wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote:
When my family went to thorpe park, quantum was one of the only rides my little brother could enjoy..

I know it's a park for thrill seekers but family will still go and have younger children, so they need something!
Hey I'm 12 and a complete wuss with big rides, quantum being in my 5 biggest rides there, but ...

I'm stuck. Thorpe park right NOW is a thrill park but I've already stated in another thread that the 2016 coaster should be family orientated for more family attractions.

I'm officially confused.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
bensaund

You can still enjoy Thorpe with the family, the height to get most enjoyment is 1.2m, then you can ride:

Quantum, Zodiac, Tidal Wave, Fish, X, Loggers, Storm Surge, Rocky Express, Banana Boat, Depth Charge, Rumba Rapids

Plenty of rides, but I wouldn't take anyone smaller than 1.2
If you go down to the woods today
rollerghoster

you could easily move quantum down to  chessington, it never really has a queue at thorpe, always practically a walk on, and at chessington it'd be a big draw, i remember back in the day queueing for nearly an hour for the magic carpet at chessie, re-theme it as a magic carpet again and what with the refit of dragon falls over the closed season it'd be a great step in giving back some love and attention to one of the oldest areas at chessington, plus as discussed...would be a perfect family thrill ride, something everyone could go on
bensaund

Mega packed at Thorpe today, had to queue to get into the car park, queue for ages to get in. But by just going on the rides which have a height of 1.2 or lower, we got on 18 rides  :D
djedwardsmith

Or better yet;

They could fit in 4! YES! FOUR! Big Apple rollercoasters.
sebshep18

Isnt alton towers on the national trust estate though ?
bensaund

They could also fit in a screaming swing, sky swing, sky swat and an after burner, but I really don't see that happening.
Emma

Didn't there used to be a magic carpet at chessie? Why did it go?
TB2

CoasterChick wrote: Didn't there used to be a magic carpet at chessie? Why did it go?
The structure was warping throughout its last few years at the park. It was also starting to hit lots of downtime and the decision was made to replace it with Samurai.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Marcus

Discuss the extra 60 rooms which will located in the Monkey and Bird garden and Chessington ditching Holiday Inn branding becuase it costs too much.
Marcus

As you know Chessy are investing 5 million in refurbishing parts of the park including Dragon Falls and RT. The whole RT area has been stripped and has left the track and queue path. I tried to take some pics of the site, but theres a solid wooden fence instead of the typical construction fence that used to be there.
bensaund

I really couldn't care a less about the hotel, my main concern is about the animals, are they going to be relocated elsewhere or will we simply loose those animals?
Marcus

I've been told they will be relocated, but haven't got a clue where.
Danny

Can you try posting these pictures again please as I can't view them :)
Caroline58

I know Merlin must make growing profits year on year, but ride maintenance is essential for continued success - something that if they neglect, serious problems could occur.
Revenge online - click here
bensaund

I have no doubt they do the essential ride maintenance. Do you think Merlin are that stupid that they will not follow the manufacturers maintenance/operating instructions and any required H&S, legal and public liability insurance and staff training on their rides?

These rides are ridden by thousands of guests every day and for them not to do the maintenance will result in prosecution and or a major accident. The rides are the main reason people go to the parks, so if they get a reputation for dangerous rides, then they can pretty much say goodbye to their parks.

I think people are over reacting to the Rameses incident. The last thing Merlin want is this happening, guests stuck, very bad publicity for the park and a ride out of action for the remainder of the season or forever..

There is some serious lack of maintenance around the parks which they are trying to resolve during their £5 million upgrade and some of the work they have done already looks good (despite what some others say) It is a shame that it was so poorly managed and resulted in no RMT for 2013 and the removal of the theming from Dragon falls and other rides. Why on earth they are doing the maintenance during the open season and not the closed season is very strange.
BenBowser

Hi Guys, I was wondering what you guys would think about a Gerstlauer Junior Coaster on the Toadie's Crazy Cars site? Just something to add to this fabulous family resort to get young adventures brave enough to ride the likes of Rattlesnake and Vampire. Get Discussing!
Cookie Monster

Has it been confirmed yet as i don't think Merlin would buy another gerst until they can show that the coasters can work or be built on opening day *cough Saw cough* *cough The Smiler cough*