Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Matt 125

OMG! A great ride, truely ruined! What is with Tussauds and ducks? What will the next retheme be? NEMESIS? Help!

Matt :D
Matt 125

AAAhhhh! It's giving me nightmares already. Why is the track red though surely it would be blue! Let's think more happier things than Nemesis being overtaken by ducks!

Beaver Dude

I went on it today and the only good thing about it is the boats and the drop looked better. The worst dark ride I've ever been on.
Matt 125

My rather poor attempt of having an Air Imperial Leather Retheme can be seen here;

http://static.flickr.com/47/117833577_96da5481a3_o.jpg

God Forbid this to happen! :x
Luke excell

Has anyone got any pics from inside the ride?
Matt 125

No but there is a video on the previous page. quite dark at some points though!

Adz
Admin
Admin

My gallery of the entire inside of the ride will be up in a few minutes. The finished one that is.
Luke excell

[quote=""Mattez125""]No but there is a video on the previous page. quite dark at some points though!

Matt :D[/quote]

Its not working AOL has blocked it.DAM AOL
Matt 125

Cool, can't wait to see them! Adz, did you go to the Tussauds pass holders day yesterday then?

Adz
Admin
Admin

http://www.themeparkoverload.co.uk/gall ... index.html

Bubbleworks Gallery!

and yes, i did.
Beaver Dude

http://www.s104638357.websitehome.co.uk ... s_main.htm

This review just sums up what everyone who has ridden the ride thinks. Even the GP hate it!
Anonymous

I went on it today and it's very difficult to describe just how bad this revamp is. Even my eight year old Godson, who used to want to run straight back on detested it and said he didn't want to go back on it.

It's ugly, boring, lacking any atmosphere, humourless, tacky, embarassing. Whoever authorised this should be hung, drawn and quartered.

Avoid it at all costs. Awful, simply awful. . .
Adz
Admin
Admin

Clicky for before and after bubbleworks gallery!

To see the extent of the (awful) changes.
Anonymous

I may have never ridden the ride, but comparing the pics, and going by that review, this looks like a heartbreaker. The soul has been ripped out of the ride for a few more quid :(.
Ant

What a blaudy big Disgrace this should never of been aloud to go ahead we should of known what was coming :x :-( Seeing the pics of the mess theay made and the amount of rubber ducks and imperial leather logos really made me really sad. I really loved the Bubble works like many people was such a classic dark ride and one of the best there was in europe. Tussauds have once again ruined John wardleys work but this time worst than ever before.
rctom

oh dear i have just heared the music. u will go in normal and come out duckified. i shall see the transformation myself when i go in a few weeks. i dont know if i should be looking forward to it or dreading it.
Stefan

I've never been to Chessington or seen many interior shots of The Bubbleworks but even i can tell its a cheep refurb which Tussauds seems to of put very little creative or imaginative skills into refurbishing the ride. The station area just made me laugh because how they have shuved random ducks or bubbles in certain places over what seems to be old pieces of themeing.
Imperial Leather seems to be stamped all over the place :P :P Its just funny how crap they have made this ride, i went back to look at old pictures and it looked far better as it was. You have to laugh what a shoddy job they have made of it. Most theme park fans won't be buying Imperial Leather again then i take it :?: :?:
Williscroft

I have to admit i think some changes have been for the better but some not. Like the station looks as bare as hell now whereas before it was great but i do realy think some of the sences now look better. :)
Babyshambled

[quote=""Beaver Dude""]http://www.s104638357.websitehome.co.uk ... s_main.htm

This review just sums up what everyone who has ridden the ride thinks. Even the GP hate it![/quote]

That review is the funniest thing I've read for a while.

I can't believe they has done this, the bubbleworks was my favourite ride as a kid and most of my familys as well. I hope this trend for corporate re-themes doesn't continue else its the Duel next followed by X:No Way Out.