The Quick Questions topic 2007

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Nick

Yes £20 buys you 5 photos
Ontopia

when you order tickets, can alton towers post them to you or not? and if you collect them what do you need to take to prove it because my dad is using his credit card so when i go im not going to take his credit card to prove that they are my tickets.
Nick

You now have to collect them at the entrance now, with an added £1.50 administration charge per order. Usually they just ask to confirm your address when collecting pre-booked tickets
MostMagicalCat

Hark do i hear the ears of Towers experts!

Then brave souls answer me this.......

parent share.... the queue thingiemajig where i can get my wife to queue and let me sit in the sun, and she comesback with a fast pass and lets me skip the queue....he he, only kidding i would never let her do that....i got children ho ho.

anyway sadistic part aside(i will be the queue guy, cant let my flock do that!!). is it available on all rides, not just the white knuckle ones, in particular CATCF and hex, perhaps the rapids?

going last week in june, so might be a bit busy i think

friday 22nd june

Oh thank you mighty ones

my your wisdom bisto(ahh) upon me.....

i wait with my heart on my sleeve and my head in my glands for your reply

praise be the wisdom of TTF
[
Nick

Not sure if it would include Hex or Charlie actually, as they don't end at the same point as where they begin. Pretty sure most of the others will be on there though. :)

[edit] After looking on TT, it says they are valid on rides that accept riders that are over 1.2m
Tom M

Just wondering about the 'All in one' train ticket thing you can get which includes your train, bus and park entrance. Do you need to buy it in advance or can you turn up in the morning you are going and buy it at the station? Need to know this for my friends.
Nick

Can buy it at the ticket desks I think as you exchange your train ticket for the park ticket
Luce

Just a little question, is there a way of finding out in advance which ride will be open first for the early rider?

Ta

Lucy
Nick

It will always be Nemesis, Air and Blade unless Alton release any information, which will quite quickly end up on the forums
Knight DG

Quick question people -
From the entrance wheres the nearest place to buy Priority Passes from?
Im there on Monday and hoping to get round more than last time...
TenZero

Is there an age limit for staying at the Splash Landing hotel. Me and 2 of my mates (we will all be 16) are planning on staying for one night.
Thanks
Nick

You should be fine. If you have any doubt just ring the booking line for reassurance
James564

Sorry, I realise this has probably been asked a million times here but there we go.

How do you get to the Chained Oak?

Also, any idea's on park business this weekend?

Thanks. James.
Wes

[quote=""James564""]How do you get to the Chained Oak? [/quote]

The exact location can't be posted on the internet.

If you are staying in the area. Ask a local, im sure they will tell you where it is :D
Mike

Sorry - got another question!

Will any of the lockers on park hold a laptop, or are they not quite that big? :)

Thanks to Ian for the sig!
Nick

Take it to Guest Services, £3 for all day lockers :)
Ontopia

do you have to take your glasses off on any of the rides?
Big Dave

Its advised for the more intense rides. Most of the time though they are fine. People have taken them onto air before. Its just the fast rides that flip you around I would take them off for. Ask the ride team if your still unsure.
Tom M

You will have to take your glasses off on Rita unless you have a strap, I've never heard anyone be told to take their glasses off on any of the other rides though. If I were you I'd buy a glasses strap before you go so you don't need to take them off. :)
Ontopia

are there palces on the rides to put your bags?