The Quick Questions topic 2007

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Wes

Anywhere at the Resort where I can top up my mobile?
Matt 125

You can top up now at Cash Machines I think... Might depend on what machine etc though.

:D
Wes

How does that work? Do you just stick in your top up card?
BULBOUS

http://www.link.co.uk/pdfs/top_ups_facts.pdf

Apparantly, you just choose your network, then the amount, then type your number in and voyla.

But I've never used it, and Alton Towers' might not do it.

There's always shops in Alton Village, debit cards and hey, even Towers Trading might do 'em.
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
leejay

How much is breakfast in the hotel if you arn't staying in the hotel? And does season ticket discount apply?

Thankies!
Nick

I think breakfast is around £8-£10 for non-residents. No idea about annual pass discount
MJT

A couple of things. Can i ask if you can still get the photopass for £15 from the photo collection place? If you can, what times can you buy it? Also, does anyone know how much the YourDay Dvds are now, are they still £15? I just want to know as im going on sunday and want to know which to get.

leejay

[quote=""MJT""]A couple of things. Can i ask if you can still get the photopass for £15 from the photo collection place? If you can, what times can you buy it? Also, does anyone know how much the YourDay Dvds are now, are they still £15? I just want to know as im going on sunday and want to know which to get.

[quote=""MJT""]A couple of things. Can i ask if you can still get the photopass for £15 from the photo collection place?[/quote]
Yes you can!

[quote=""MJT""]what times can you buy it?[/quote]
Before 1pm from customer services!

[quote=""MJT""]Also, does anyone know how much the YourDay Dvds are now, are they still £15[/quote]
No they are £19.99 without discount for a full DVD or £4.99 for a single ride DVD.
MJT

Thanks for your help leejay. When you say the photopass is available from customer services, do you mean the photo collection point yeah?
BULBOUS

Yes, the photo collection point of Towers Trading, Just go there on your way in. Wave at someone in the back and ask 'em for a photopass. :)
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
Dyls

Does anyone know what date the 2008 season starts
Chris1

Mid-March like most years I would've thought...

I don't think Alton have set an exact date as of yet but it'll probably be March 17th....
Dyls

I thought it was around Feb half term
Dara

The official season starts mid March, but does anyone know if the park is definately going to open in February half term? On another topic, someone said this had been confirmed and that the list of rides available had already been released. Is this true? If so, any links to where it's been said?
Wes

[quote=""Dara""]The official season starts mid March, but does anyone know if the park is definately going to open in February half term? On another topic, someone said this had been confirmed and that the list of rides available had already been released. Is this true? If so, any links to where it's been said?[/quote]

Yes. 9th Febrauary 2008, Half Term Hullaballoo. Adverts are all around the park.
Nick

Treat the kids to something special this February half term with a sneak preview of some our best family rides before the theme park opens for the 2008 season.

* Stay in one of our two brilliantly themed hotels.
* Splash out in Cariba Creek, our tropical, indoor waterpark.
* Enjoy a tasty breakfast in one of our vibrantly decorated restaurants.

Rides and attractions to enjoy:

* Air
* Nemesis
* Haunted Hollow
* Spinball Whizzer
* The Blade
* Squirrel Nutty
* Riverbank Eye-Spy
* The Beastie
* Berry Bish Bash
* Doodle Doo Derby
* Old Macdonald’s Tractor Ride and Singing Barn
* Duel – The Haunted House Strikes Back
* There’s Something in the Dung Heap adventure playground

From just £49.50pppn
(Price based on 4 sharing on a bed and breakfast basis and includes entrance to the waterpark and theme park rides)
9-24 February 2008

All rides and attractions are subject to availability, weather conditions and change. Height restrictions apply.
leejay

Can you stay at the Hotel for that and not pay to get in park by using your annual pass?

ie: Just have B&B. As technically, the season hasnt started so thus the season pass isnt valid on park :?
Sir John Talbot

I'm wondering if anybody knows of an offer available at Cariba Creek where if you enter at a specific time at the end of the day, later in the afternoon, you pay less to get it.

Last year, around this time of year, I went to Cariba Creek after Adrenaline Week for a few hours and we payed a fiver as opposed to the full price considering the lateness of our visit.. wondering as to whether I can do this again this year.
Nick

[quote=""leejay""]Can you stay at the Hotel for that and not pay to get in park by using your annual pass?

ie: Just have B&B. As technically, the season hasnt started so thus the season pass isnt valid on park :?[/quote]
Annual Passes will be valid for February
Kaycee

There isn't an actual season pass, is there? :-? I swear I saw a 'season pass' advertised on the park the weekend just gone? Well, the annual passes are 'annual' rather than 'seasonal', so last 12 months. :)