Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
tweenies_fan

2005 welcomes two illusionists to the Magic of Ice, but not just any two illusionists, they are the world's only identical twin illusionists! Bringing their own fantastic illusions and magic to the show they play the two ringmasters of the circus

The show opens in the traditional style of Magic of Ice with a video of times past, this fades out to show a silhouette of the Ringmaster, the curtains fall and you see the ringmaster step into a clear cylindrical tube, raised off the ground. This fills with smoke until the door opens, and out steps TWO identical ringmasters. A spectacular illusion!

What follows is a unique brand of World-Class Ice Skating with the Alton Towers skaters, and more brilliant illusions that will keep you guessing for days after. For 25 minutes out of your day (and for no cost) it's well worth the trip especially if it's raining.

The skating and illusions aside the show is lacking the live mic before the show and during the show, this was removed courtesy of Mr & Mrs Roper. The twins performance is spot on everytime, but seems a little unnatural without them being able to talk.

Personally I think this is the best show we've seen in a good few years, the twins are a welcome addition, and the skating still makes my jaw drop
Squiggles

If I had to review it in one word... pants comes to mind.

I dunno what it what exactly... it may have been the lacklustre performances, it may have been the lacklustre audience, it might have been the bizarre smell of Mr Sheen, but I really didn't enjoy this show.

I went to see Circus Of Illusion The Magic Of Ice in 2004, and I thoughily enjoyed the show, I saw it right at the start of the season (and I hadn't seen the Spooktacular of 2003), so the cast were all fresh and I really enjoyed the effects, performances, songs, skating... everything really.

So I decided to give it a look in 2005, see how they'd improved it, and I was extremely disappointed. I saw it towards the end of the season and you got the impression the entire cast were getting tired of the show. This projected itself onto the audience, who didn't really respond very well, so it ended up with everyone wondering why on earth they were here.

Having seen last years show it was fairly obvious when aspects of it were shoe-horned into this years show (presumably because AT had invested in costumes and equipment and wanted to get good use of it), but aspects such as the angle grinders and day-glo clowns, just looked out of place in what was otherwise an Illusion Show.

Which brings us to the illusions, the most of which were very impressive.... but you couldn't help having this niggling feeling of wondering why they were done on Ice.... none of the Illusions involved ice skating so it just came across as a bad marriage of a good illusion show and an ok ice skating show.

Overall a pretty mediocre effort. Let's hope they can improve on it for next season.
Edwardo..... move me!