Knott's Berry Farm

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dungeon-X-Smile

When Hangtime was announced I was like yeah looks cool but a surfing themed coaster? Hmm... I wasn't too excited for it. But I can now safely say after being on it that it is just mindblowing and I can't wait until my next ride. The inversions are crazy and that drop is really insane. It also is a wonderful addition to the Knotts line up and looks incredible in the skyline. But, most of all, it's more than it looks, so much more than it looks. 
Swarm Chris

saw-x-smile wrote:When Hangtime was announced I was like yeah looks cool but a surfing themed coaster? Hmm... I wasn't too excited for it. But I can now safely say after being on it that it is just mindblowing and I can't wait until my next ride. 
The light work on it looks amazing. Did you get see, or experience, the full light package working?
Dungeon-X-Smile

Swarm Chris wrote:
saw-x-smile wrote:When Hangtime was announced I was like yeah looks cool but a surfing themed coaster? Hmm... I wasn't too excited for it. But I can now safely say after being on it that it is just mindblowing and I can't wait until my next ride. 
The light work on it looks amazing. Did you get see, or experience, the full light package working?

Oh yeah!!! It’s one of those rides that fully transforms after dark. You gotta do it after sunset. I’ll send you some images.
Swarm Chris

saw-x-smile wrote: Oh yeah!!! It’s one of those rides that fully transforms after dark. You gotta do it after sunset. I’ll send you some images.
Awesome. Look forward to seeing the photos on here. :)

I should be out in Southern California in February, so hopefully it's operating then!
Dungeon-X-Smile

Another amazing thing about Knotts this year is their Ghost Town Live. It has improved so much since last year, and is actually incredible. There are multiple mysteries going on around Calico, and you have to interact with actors and solve puzzles to find out what is really going down. They certainly don't make it easy and it takes so long to solve one, but it's really fun to do. I wish I saw more parks doing this. The area was full the entire day, and it was such a good icebreaker because different groups trying to solve the same mystery would keep bumping into each other. It also gave so much life to the ghost town and took an area that people tend to just pass through, and made it practically an interactive show. All the actors were superb and great at improv.