Knott's Berry Farm

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
ThemeCrafter264

It is unlikely as you already have an airtime based coaster (ghostrider) and the land is long and thin. I could imagine a mack ride like lost gravity being built there.
Disneyland Dreamer

The answer to every question about Knotts is Ghostrider. You come off and count your head, just to be sure. Magnificence in wood and now even better with the steel track.
Burniel

So today is Boomerang's last day of operation. I doubt anyone is particularly gutted. :P

I've been wondering what'll happen to the ride. Seeing as the only reason it's being removed is space, could it be relocated? I can see them shipping it somewhere like Valleyfair to make one of these parks look less deprived.

The last major thrill coaster to be added at Knott's was Silver Bullet in 2004. Hopefully something good replaces Boomerang.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
theparklifekid

I doubt that a major thrill coaster will replace Boomerang, its in quite a small area. The only possible thrill coaster I could see in its place would be a Gerstlauer Euro Fighter/Infinity Coaster or a Mack Big Dipper. I personally think a new flat ride will go in its place.

As for its new location, its most likely be a Cedar Fair park. I'm placing my bets on ether Valleyfair, Michigan's Adventure. But they could just give it to Cedar Point so they can get to the most coasters in a park title.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
nemefan08

I can't see Cedar Point getting it, they'll have RMC mean streak for 2018. The other parks need it more (even if it is a second hand boomerang).
Burniel

theparklifekid wrote:I doubt that a major thrill coaster will replace Boomerang, its in quite a small area. The only possible thrill coaster I could see in its place would be a Gerstlauer Euro Fighter/Infinity Coaster or a Mack Big Dipper. I personally think a new flat ride will go in its place.
As mentioned above, there is a little more space than it initially seems, as a nearby flat and restaurant have gone. This is what they have to work with:

Plenty of room for something if they get creative. Space is so scarce at Knott's, I can't exactly see them removing a perfectly satisfactory coaster and flat ride to replace them with a single flat.

I can't see the Boomerang going to Cedar Point. Not only would location be an issue, it would just be so out of place and unpopular there. I would agree that it's most likely between Valleyfair and Michigan's Adventure.
Chris
Admin
Admin

How cool does the latest Mondial Topscan look?

Credit: http://www.westcoaster.net/home/2017/4/ ... -boomerang
Owen

RMC are currently manufacturing a Raptor coaster - I wouldn't be surprised if that's what replaces Boomerang...
Burniel

So Boomerang has completely come down. I wonder how long it'll be until we see it in Michigan ...

Credit to Shaun Harris

I'm really conflicted as to what I'd like to see here. Cedar Fair have confirmed that they'll be adding 4 coasters to the chain next year: the two RMC conversions, "a completely new type of coaster", and "a renewed relationships with a manufacturer who we haven't worked with in recent history". Although an RMC Raptor would fit in the space and would fit the "new type of coaster" clue, I'm a bit concerned about the capacity of these coasters. Knott's, being Cedar Fair's most visited park, could really do with another high-capacity thrill ride. That said, it'd be difficult to put such a throughput machine on such a small footprint.
Dungeon-X-Smile

I went to Knott's Berry last weekend and the new restaurant (I'm pretty sure) is already painted and has the signs up. You can clearly see it from Xcelerator. There's certainly not a lot of room so it'll definitely be interesting what they replace it with. That said, I'm pretty sure I had a conversation with an employee a few months back in which they revealed it would be another extreme ride. 
jackf1tz

Not long now! 8pm California Time!
theparklifekid

Introducing 'HangTime'! The first dive coaster on the west coast of California.

This 2018 Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster will be one of the steepest coasters in the US. It includes:
- 96* Drop
- 150ft vertical lift
- 5 Inversions
- Max speed: 57mph
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Dungeon-X-Smile

theparklifekid wrote:Image
Introducing 'HangTime'! The first dive coaster on the west coast of California.

This 2018 Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster will be one of the steepest coasters in the US. It includes:
- 96* Drop
- 150ft vertical lift
- 5 Inversions
- Max speed: 57mph
This looks soo good. I'm glad that this is coming but I thought that they were building another restaurant in that area?
jackf1tz

Might have been near it, I'd rather a coaster then a restaurant anyway :-)
Dungeon-X-Smile

Yeah same. It seems like a no brainer to replace a rollercoaster with a rollercoaster, if nothing else but crowd distribution. Plus it makes v happy fans.
Bert

And just like that it is complete.
[Insert Signature Here]
Danny

The drop looks so ugly! Wonder why they chose to design it this way... unless it was due to using the infinity coaster trains?

Either way It looks like it’ll be a fun, typical Gerst layout :)
Chris
Admin
Admin

It’s similar to Takabisha’s by having a holding brake - but as the train is longer, the section needs to be too.
Dungeon-X-Smile

The drop may look a tad strange, but when you’re on it, it really works. The few seconds one spends up at the top looking over is so terrifying and ends up excusing the weird look of it. But that ride is truly amazing, the best in the park (tied with ghostrider) and a real experience to enjoy, especially at night.
Robert.W

I remember not really being that impressed when HangTime was originally announced. It just looked like another typical Gerstlauer coaster with a big vertical drop segment. Don't think the drop looks that bad if I'm being honest. Might not be as noticeable from ground level? Coaster does look fun though, especially at night!