Knott's Berry Farm

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
iriderides101

Ok so knotts are getting a new spinnig coaster its a mack kind though. Its the same kind as Euro Mir at Europa Park.
Stats
Length: 1410' 9"
Height: 62' 4"
Drop: 39'
Inversions: 0
Speed: 37 mph
G-Force: 3.3

Check some pics here http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... 371#339371

However i have some concerns how do the trains spin if there are several cars on one train?
AstroDan

Yes. The trains will differ from Euro-Mir in that they will free-spin and not have motorised spins at certain points of the ride.

This ride will be nowhere near as high or fast as Euro-Mir itself, indeed it is going to be a very different rollercoaster experience.

However being Mack, I am sure we can expect a very good, innovative family coaster!

Can't wait to see pics of it in action.
iriderides101

Yes. The trains will differ from Euro-Mir in that they will free-spin and not have motorised spins at certain points of the ride
So on euromir it only spins at certain points?
Is that lame or isn't it

Either wat knotts seriously need a new coaster. They have 2 family coaster jaguar which is extremely painful and some other coaster which i can't remeber the name of it
Craig

I wouldn't say it's lame, although I haven't ridden the ride itself (yet!). However, Dan's thrust god knows how many pics and videos my way of it and it looks absolutely fantastic, both with the coaster itself and thanks to the building it's built around - It looks like it gives a fantastic experience :D
CGM

Either wat knotts seriously need a new coaster. They have 2 family coaster jaguar which is extremely painful and some other coaster which i can't remeber the name of it
Well Knotts have a fairly respectable lineup. They have Xcellerator, Silver Bullet, the once brilliant Ghostrider, Montezooma's Revenge, a Boomerang and Jaguar. The general feeling I get is that Knotts should stop adding coasters and concentrate on the park's atmosphere which is said to be pretty bad at the moment.

But from what I've seen of construction pics, the construction area looks to pe pretty well landscaped and themed. The terrain aspect should be interesting as it's something we've never really seen with a spinner before
AstroDan

[quote=""iriderides101""]
Yes. The trains will differ from Euro-Mir in that they will free-spin and not have motorised spins at certain points of the ride
So on euromir it only spins at certain points?
Is that lame or isn't it

Either wat knotts seriously need a new coaster. They have 2 family coaster jaguar which is extremely painful and some other coaster which i can't remeber the name of it[/quote]

Well actually it isn't lame, as if the cars free-span throuought the ride, you would get severe whiplash injuries as there are some very high G Forces at certain places. On Euro-Mir itself, you free spin through the lift-off section, then the cars lock (so you are forwards or backwards) and plummet down the drop before shooting up, the cars then spin 180 degrees, and then you do the rest of the course in the opposite direction to what you took the first drop with.

I assure you that if you rode the attraction you would agree that free-spinning on Euro-Mir would be disaster. Indeed last season one car on the train accidentally locked with passengers facing outwards from the track and they got neck injuries and had to be taken to hospital for checks. The ride also has numerous banked helixes taken at high speeds.

Most Maurer Sohne spinning coasters have a top speed of between 30 and 40mph, Euro-Mir does 50mph and has a G Force of 4. It is nowhere near the same as a standard free spinning rollercoaster.

The reason the new coaster at Knotts Berry Farm will be able to free spin is because it is only 2/3 the height of Euro-Mir and will have much lower speeds and G Forces which means passengers health will not be put at risk.
AstroDan

There's one or two pictures of the track for the new ride on RCDB, and it's safe to say this is entirely different to Euro-Mir. The track is nowhere near the same.
Shent

Apprantly the first launch was 117mph listen to the noise the drum is making and how fast it clears the top hat, that would be very very painfull if you were on the ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2b6OaI0BXM

:shock:

Henty
......The one and only... :sus:
Sir John Talbot

Woah.. groovy.

You can hear and see at the end of the launch when the catchment releases from the car, it slows slightly for the top hat. You can really feel it slow when riding... imaging what it would be like launching that fast at the maximum speed!!!

Love that ride though. My first launch coaster, ridden it 8 times in a row without leaving my seat :P.
Shent

That's if you were still awake after that launch
Mankey

omg... that tophat at maximum speed must actually kill people at that speed, i wanna go on xcelerator, looks good

whats its proper speed?

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Lauren

1hotni66a (2 weeks ago)
painful? try scary..i rode this once without the lapbar...just the seatbelt
Huh? You can ride it with a seatbelt :?
Shent

[quote=""Lauren""]
1hotni66a (2 weeks ago)
painful? try scary..i rode this once without the lapbar...just the seatbelt
Huh? You can ride it with a seatbelt :?[/quote]

Yeah hes just some nob head who think hes funny who really needs a slap :)
Ryan Kingdaka

Surely the ride op's would have made sure you have the lap bar down, if it's a safety feature, which it is. He may have meant that he didn't waer the belt...? :?
Shent

[quote=""Ryan Kingdaka""]Surely the ride op's would have made sure you have the lap bar down, if it's a safety feature, which it is. He may have meant that he didn't waer the belt...? :?[/quote]

The ride wont move without the lap bar down and if it did, someones been messing with the proxy switches :)
iriderides101

HMM thats does not look like it was going at 117mph
When i was at knotts in the summer it was making exactly the same noises although it was closed :( never got to ride
Matt 125

[quote=""iriderides101""]HMM thats does not look like it was going at 117mph [/quote]

That's cause it was something like 117kmph. :)

Matt :D
Shent

[quote=""Matt 125""][quote=""iriderides101""]HMM thats does not look like it was going at 117mph [/quote]

That's cause it was something like 117kmph. :)

[/quote]

Look at the speed it goes over the top hat, that isnt normall and would hurt you :-s
Matt 125

I thought I heard at the end from that man that it goes 80mph.... Hmm. Why would they make it so fast it would hurt you though?