General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Matt 125

All sounds very promising for this to go ahead. I would love to see a maze in the Ice Top or Black Hole tent. Maybe one to tie in why Black Hole really went making up a story saying its last train never returned to the station or something. I do like the clown Ice Top idea though! :)

Cheers for that Marky....

Matt :D
kingjohno

I think the park need to separate there ideas in to 2 different sections.

6pm-8pm

Childrens trick or treat with Henry the Hound and friends. Venture round the park and see all of Henry's friends who'll give you all a special treat. Then if your really brave venture to The Count's castle (towers) and see what he's up to tonight. Enter the dungeons and scare yourself silly until finally riding the Haunted Expressway back to Towers Street to watch the Henry The Hound Show - With light and water effects near the lake.

Providing a safe and thrilling Environment for Halloween, at Alton Towers the magic never ends!

------

Basically different places around the park with each character giving every child a small sweet. The towers would be rigged with light and sound, the 'Count' character would be plotting against Henry when you go past him, the guide tells you to be quiet and remember the Count doesn't like clapping noises and laughing. A mini transport system like below
[img]
http://www.mack-rides.com/bilder/produk ... ider_1.jpg[/img]

But Halloween themed with Alton logos etc. would take them down to the lake where there would be music from a few bands and Henry on stage. Then everything would go black apart from a spotlight on the Count rising from the otherside of the lake in a balloon. His voice would be projected across the stage saying that henry would never stop him etc. Until Henry tells everybody to start clapping. When its loud enough the counts balloon 'falls' and an 'explosion' of water is seen in the middle of the lake. Then theres a bit of a light show whilst a band plays then its time to go home.

8pm - 11pm

Dare you enter Alton Towers as lightening strikes in the distance? As the ghosts and spirits get ready to seize back the towers for themselves, your stuck in the middle of a haunted war. Can you survive the night in Alton Towers? Scare yourself senseless on some of Alton's biggest rides in the dark whilst top bands perform live next to the lake. Dare you enter the maze of no return, or wonder through the Haunted Hollow?

So get ready for thrills of a lifetime, at Alton Towers the magic never ends!

- I'll put the details about the 8pm-3am idea up later. What do you think so far?
Last edited by kingjohno on Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Pop Rocket

[quote=""kingjohno""]

8pm - 3am

[/quote]

3am?!?! :shock:

The locals will not be too pleased about that, nor would the Alton Towers staff team....

9pm/10pm is the latest the park has and would ever stay open to, during such an event...

Most people are gone by 9pm anyways, so the park would be dead past midnight..
Last edited by Dr Pop Rocket on Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas

Would be great if they got all the staff involved too, get them wearing torn up clothes & remove those masks to make it scary

I have high hopes for this event. The Black seems to be just the right place to hold such a maze, it already has the queuing for it and the Que already is apparently all ready over grown which would add to the effect while queing. The idea of a human lab kind of thing is really good, but maybe doesn't go with the Halloween theme more aliens kind of thing. Maybe they could name it the Black Hole return or something

Thomas
Redcoat Jase

Here's a little poster thing for mine/Dr Pop Rocket's Circus Idea! :)

...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
kingjohno

[quote=""Redcoat Jase""]Here's a little poster thing for mine/Dr Pop Rocket's Circus Idea! :)

Image[/quote]

Its 10pm, I was just about to go to bed and then you showed me that... :( :( :(
Thom

Sorry to be picky but it's 08457 20 40 60

Thom... :)
Redcoat Jase

[quote=""LiquidTom360""]Sorry to be picky but it's 08457 20 40 60

Thom... :)[/quote]

Actually, It's 08705 20 40 60 :wink:
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Thom

Oopps, so it is.

My ofcom section of the brain automatically adds a 7 to all 10 digit 0845 numbers!

Thom.. 8)
stokywolf

I love Liams bit on about Rita and the search lights!

I can just imagine a sequence of search lights going around ugland and the queue and just as Rita is about to launch most of the queue goes into semi darkness especially the station area where a spotlight tracking the Train comes on and follows it down the launch and once its reached the end of the launch the light stops following and the place returns to normal lighting or whatever else could be brought to mind. Or possibly a sequence of red light down the lauch track that turn green once she launches :D

I'm loving the Fact theres halloween, the Fireworks just can't be a big event anymore.

With alot of Advertising around the country and nearby regions this should help to get the crowd numbers up more over the 3 weeks than letting alot of people just arrive on the fireworks weekend expecting fireworks.

I really am excited to see such a thing going ahead and if it's good enough it should do excellently well!
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Nick

Hopefully we'll actually see some life in the bland and boring Towers Street. It definitely needs some new music for the event, as does Nemesis, Air and UgLand. It'll be really disappointing to visit with the usual music. It needs some decent Halloween music. If Thorpe can do it Alton can do it even better!

Saying that I still fear that all of my hopes will fade when nothing arises for this event. Hopefully soon if the cornfield is planted that would mean the hotels are defiantly in for an end of season event. The sooner the park confirm the event and get tickets on sale, the bigger of a success it will be
Wes

[quote=""Nick""]Hopefully we'll actually see some life in the bland and boring Towers Street. It definitely needs some new music for the event, as does Nemesis, Air and UgLand. It'll be really disappointing to visit with the usual music. It needs some decent Halloween music. If Thorpe can do it Alton can do it even better! [/quote]

Hopefully we'll see the old Halloween play list back this year, with the classic such as "Monster mash" and "Time Warp", good, fun Halloween tunes!

As for music on the big rides, if they are going to be themed by the park, I'd expect to hear some Midnight Syndicate music, after all they used to use it for ToTT, and for Room 13?
Nick

And hopefully they can get away with a show at around 8pm on the lake, with ride and maze close at 9pm. I doubt we'll see it as late as 10pm. The only way they can get people to stay till closing is to have the show on late
kingjohno

I think the park need to separate there ideas in to 2 different sections.

6pm-8pm

Childrens trick or treat with Henry the Hound and friends. Venture round the park and see all of Henry's friends who'll give you all a special treat. Then if your really brave venture to The Count's castle (towers) and see what he's up to tonight. Enter the dungeons and scare yourself silly until finally riding the Haunted Expressway back to Towers Street to watch the Henry The Hound Show - With light and water effects near the lake.

Providing a safe and thrilling Environment for Halloween, at Alton Towers the magic never ends!

------

Basically different places around the park with each character giving every child a small sweet. The towers would be rigged with light and sound, the 'Count' character would be plotting against Henry when you go past him, the guide tells you to be quiet and remember the Count doesn't like clapping noises and laughing. A mini transport system like below
[img]

But Halloween themed with Alton logos etc. would take them down to the lake where there would be music from a few bands and Henry on stage. Then everything would go black apart from a spotlight on the Count rising from the otherside of the lake in a balloon. His voice would be projected across the stage saying that henry would never stop him etc. Until Henry tells everybody to start clapping. When its loud enough the counts balloon 'falls' and an 'explosion' of water is seen in the middle of the lake. Then theres a bit of a light show whilst a band plays then its time to go home.

8pm - 11pm

Dare you enter Alton Towers as lightening strikes in the distance? As the ghosts and spirits get ready to seize back the towers for themselves, your stuck in the middle of a haunted war. Can you survive the night in Alton Towers? Scare yourself senseless on some of Alton's biggest rides in the dark whilst top bands perform live next to the lake. Dare you enter the maze of no return, or wonder through the Haunted Hollow?

So get ready for thrills of a lifetime, at Alton Towers the magic never ends!

All the rides would be 'enhanced' with additional lighting such as Red and green for rita, blue and white for air etc. A spotlight that follows Oblivion down the drop.

Haunted music would be playing all around the park. And bands would be playing live on towers street all night.

A maze would be put in the big top and 'storybook land' area would be turned into a haunted wood with actors scaring people. The maze would have pits in it as well as smoke and spirit projections.

The Haunted Hollow would have live actors and would be extended.

There would also be a transport shuttle around the park, the skyride and monorail would have theming added to it and some of the carriages would have live actors.

The ending would start at 10.30pm across the lake with lightening, an water being thrown out of the lake. A large projection screen would show some haunted footage and live actors would be in the crowds.

-----------------

I've just added some extra stuff into my idea above.
mezza

I think there's little doubt that if this event is half as good as it sounds, it'll be the best event in the history of the park. Sounds ambitious, and exciting, with something for everyone.

I think it's very likely that the halloween event will go ahead. It will tie in nicely with Haunted Hollow (like last years new event, Chocolate Towers, tied in with last years new ride, CATCF) and it also ties in with Most Haunted, which will have got a lot of people who are in to spooky stuff, into Alton Towers. Plus, it's already being promoted.

Exciting!
EXIT THROUGH THE SHIPPING CONTAINER
Andrew M

Now, have Alton seen this cirucus maze theme and got an idea, or is this the later of the ideas which I will mention after.

http://www.peoplebank.com/pbank/owa/pbk ... ID=2591140

Is Cirque de Noel a Halloween maze, or just a Christmas thing? I would have thought this was just the Hotel's thing for Christmas, but maybe a Christmas Circus maze thing? I dunno! :lol:

[quote=""kingjohno""]A mini transport system like below
[img]

But Halloween themed with Alton logos etc.

8pm - 11pm
[/quote]

That's just not practical to build a transport system like that either
a) Just for Halloween - they might as well make it year round
b) Around the park - Alton Towers is very hilly and there is lots of obstructions like the actual Towers, rides, trees and the valley.
Last edited by Andrew M on Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Its a Christmas show. It was on during the Christmas just gone.

Anybody know if the mazes are designed in house at Tussauds Studios? Or if there are external companies involved in the design and build?
Wes

Its a christmas show at the Hotels.

I don't think we should ask fro a circus themed show/attraction, arn't you fed up of the damn things?! :P
Andrew M

There's not as many circus themed shows/mazes as you think - and it's not even a proper one, it's like haunted. At least that was the idea. But there's so many themes to choose from. I mean I think something different would be great - but something that isn't related to the towers - I think we're fed up of those damn things.

And it's an external company. I remember Se7en was also in charge of like the Star Wars thing at Chessington.
Last edited by Andrew M on Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Anybody got any ideas of names of designers or companies?