Accidents at Alton Towers

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
jordi20012002

http://www.coasterforce.com/Accidents go down to 2002 it was on nemesis:)
Wondered what happened here, was he in the ride station and stepped in front of the carriage as it entered the ride station???

Hmm
nemesis4lyf

Or maybe entered a restriced area :? might have to ask around :D
Jamie Peters

From what I've read on here the person in question 'chickened out' at the last minute and ran into the rides brake run and there got hit by the train.
nemesis4lyf

So where you hear that then??Can you send the link please :D :D
little em

is there anywhere on the rides that you can actually hit yourself, ooh thats not right, i mean can you whack an arm or leg on something whilst on the ride if you stick it out too far?
I dont want to try am just interested.
ryani210693

Personally i think Nemesis gets pretty close for some people if they have longer legs than others. Going round the bend after the corkscrew/barrel roll has large rock areas where some people "claim" to ahve slightly clipped/touched their toes etc.

Ry.
LiamC

[quote=""little em""]is there anywhere on the rides that you can actually hit yourself, ooh thats not right, i mean can you whack an arm or leg on something whilst on the ride if you stick it out too far?
I dont want to try am just interested.[/quote]

There is a rumor that you can touch the station on the Nemesis zero-g roll, whether or not its true i dont know. As for other rides, no due to H+S reasons, as i thought would be obvious tbh lol.
little em

[quote=""LiamC""][quote=""little em""]is there anywhere on the rides that you can actually hit yourself, ooh thats not right, i mean can you whack an arm or leg on something whilst on the ride if you stick it out too far?
I dont want to try am just interested.[/quote]

There is a rumor that you can touch the station on the Nemesis zero-g roll, whether or not its true i dont know. As for other rides, no due to H+S reasons, as i thought would be obvious tbh lol.[/quote]

I thought it was obvious too but had heard the rumours to, i didnt mean to sound too much of a div by asking that!
DrReeve

Ritas launch cable snapping .... I think i heard somewhere
Image credit to Lewis97
gringosteve

I visited with school in the 90's and there was a crash between two cars on either the Mouse or the Beast...Can't remember which one.

We were in the queue at the time.  Ambulances arrived etc but i'm still not sure if the injuries were serious?
shadowmaster

little em wrote: is there anywhere on the rides that you can actually hit yourself, ooh thats not right, i mean can you whack an arm or leg on something whilst on the ride if you stick it out too far?
I Heard That You can touch supports on the RMT helix.
Hello.
Marcus

shadowmaster wrote:
little em wrote: is there anywhere on the rides that you can actually hit yourself, ooh thats not right, i mean can you whack an arm or leg on something whilst on the ride if you stick it out too far?
After the 2nd helix where theres track above you, you can touch the supports there.
altontowerskid

Marcus Assab wrote:
shadowmaster wrote:
After the 2nd helix where theres track above you, you can touch the supports there.
Yes.
One too many in the tavern and my friend shouting "HOLD YOUR FIST OUT!" ended in some badly bruised knuckles :( Still didn't stop the choo choo'ing :P
b2311e

shadowmaster wrote:
I'm pretty much certain if I didn't duck on the helix, my head would be extremely close to the supports also, because of their shape.
I think Th13teen's Crypt is a little low, always scares me that I can't see how close I actually am though.

On Nemesis, it's definitely possible to touch some of the bushes etc with your feet - Not full on, just a little brush from the leaves. That's usually in far right and left seats - On the right just after the lift hill, and on the left on the brakes.

I'm pretty much certain on Oblivion if you sit in, say, the far left seat, you'd be able to reach the control panel at the top of the lift hill, but only if you have really long arms.
MattsDesigns

I like that stuff.
And you aren't gonna get seriously injured from it, you'll just whack your hand. There's more dangerous things out there you see every day.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
Marcus

On vampire (at chessy) you can always hit your feet on the trees and bushes
Henry

On Colossus, after the 4th barrel roll you can hit your hand on bushes!
Sorry if its off topic.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Trisnie

Here is a relativity comprehensive world wide list
http://www.coasterforce.com/coasters/accidents 

Runaway Mine Train, Alton Towers, Staffs, UK
29 people were injured when the train separated and crashed into each other.

Rita: Queen of Speed, Alton Towers, Staffs, UK
A 12 year old girl claimed that the force of the ride broke both her wrists

Nemesis, Alton Towers, Staffs, England, UK
A young boy was struck by the train after he entered a restricted area. He suffered head injuries.
NemmyChic

Back in the day when the Black Hole first opened not long after it was opened it had a major crash and a few school children were injured this is going back to the 1980s....the ride derailed I think and it made the newspapers...the ride was closed down for sometime and was sent back to the manufacturer where it has some work done on it for safty reasons and was re opened once again. I think if you google Black Hole Crash you may get something I remember reading some old newspaper clippings on the crash. Nobody died thank god but like I said a few school children were really hurt. :(
I Want to Marry John Wardley
Sanctuary Nurse

Having my tooth knocked out on sub terra last year..  :(
Dr Kelman might be mad....But i'll let you into a secret ...ALL THE BEST PEOPLE ARE :)