Accidents at Alton Towers

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
mark_l

Having been involved in a Skyride E-Vac training situation, I can say that I have total faith in AT to train the E-Vac team to the highest standards.
80schild

Henty wrote:
1towers wrote:
Henty wrote: Yes, people were on it, the e-vac team came out and rescued the people trapped.
I know they obviously can and have to for safety reasons, but how the hell do the e-vac the sky ride, it must be very very difficult as its either over thick tree coverage or 200ft in the air.
abseil on the line, open the gondals, abseil down. :)
I've got the news clipping, I'll post it when I get the scanner out.
Mankey

I dunno if this is true, but i just read on Wiki
Eight people were injured due to a firework misfire in the 2005 fireworks display.
...That i dont remember hearing about.

And what about that person that was airlifted from the nemeis site late year :?
Back from hibernation!
MJT

[quote=""mankey52""]I dunno if this is true, but i just read on Wiki
Eight people were injured due to a firework misfire in the 2005 fireworks display.
...That i dont remember hearing about.

And what about that person that was airlifted from the nemeis site late year :?
[/quote]

I dont know about anyone being airlifted from the Nemesis site but the bit about 8 people being injured at the fireworks is true. It was nothing serious but one of the fireworks went into the crowd and caused some people to get minor injuries.
likemike

I have seen an accident at Alton Towers it have appeared to be on nemesis someone had been sick on it cuz in 2001/02 I heard this Nemesis has come to an unexpected sceace.[/i]
MichaelBoyd
Ryan Kingdaka

[quote=""likemike""]I have seen an accident at Alton Towers it have appeared to be on nemesis someone had been sick on it cuz in 2001/02 I heard this Nemesis has come to an unexpected sceace.[/i][/quote]

Huh. Nemesis is working fine. Apart from the recent small problems on Nemesis, it's ok.

It most certainly hasn't been shut for 5 to 6 years! :lol:
Tom M

LMAO! Yeah, they closed a £10million ride forever because someone was sick on it. Half an hour at the most dear. :lol:
Jimbo!

I do not know of any serious accidents where anyone has died at AT. I mean lets not forget the chances of an accident are astronomically low. If your going to be killed on a coaster it'll most likely be in the states because on average, thats where most of the accidents happen, but them them selves are ones that didn't actually involve the ride breaking (like the boy who dies on space, due to an un diagnosed heart problem, and many other cases of this).

The bottom line: The safety instruction things in the que are there for a reason, follow them. And the chances of an accident are practically impossible.

My mate has gone on about someone falling off the black hole to their death, and the same cae on oblivion, i think he's talking bull cos ive heard nothing about that before. If that did happen those rides would be closed.
Toyland Tours was, and always will be; the sh*t.
themightyman

my mate said when there was no fence by the nemesis track so people could go by it. this man lost his cap on nemesis and someone went go get it and then got hit by nemesis

which is a load of bull then
Last edited by themightyman on Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xbox gamertag - harmless muppet
Benbrit

[quote=""themightyman""]my mate said when there was no fence by the nemesis track so people could go by it. this man lost his cap on nemesis and someone went go get it and then got hit by nemesis[/quote]

And This hasnt been in the newspapers because...

when has nemesis ever been open to the public and not had fences. Please think about it.
Kelly

There is one fence, that if left unlocked, leads directly into the ride area of Nemesis. And a boy has once been hit by a Nemesis train, however i think he only suffered a brokenarm.

And there was a incident on the blackhole,its mentioned somewhere in the forum achive, but i can't find it right now. :?
aledaerials

I remember when there wos something wrong with the alton mouse when we were there. That ride looked absoulutly lethal, but we still went on it though!

when we went on it, afterwards they closed it, and the staff were trying it out, but we wanted to go on it again. :lol:
Mines a jack and coke thanks...cheers!
iriderides101

I do remeber reading somewhere a boy wandered into the nemesis site and got seriously hurt.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/uk/ne ... 017283.stm
Chris1

Nice to see Newsround couldn't event get nemesis the right way up.....

:)
nemesis4lyf

I was just wondering, what is the worst accident at alton towers so fare? :D
jordi20012002

Probably the runaway mine train crash in July last year?
nemesis4lyf

Maybe. but there was also the one where that girl broke both wrists on rita. Also in 2002 a boy was hit by a train and suffered head injuries.
jordi20012002

Also in 2002 a boy was hit by a train and suffered head injuries.
Never heard about this one??? maybe you could shed some light on this

Heard about the girl on RITA, something dodgy going on because you would find that very hard to do...if your riding it properly then no accident would occur
Mankey

[quote=""nemesis4lyf""]the one where that girl broke both wrists on rita.[/quote]

I fail to call that an accident, morely stupidity! how someones hands can "peel off" from the restraints going at only 60mph i do not know. She was obviously doing something she shouldn't have been. :roll:

And i'd say the worst was RMT

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
nemesis4lyf

http://www.coasterforce.com/Accidents go down to 2002 it was on nemesis:):)